Drew Lock is back according to Field Gulls..

Ruminator

Reaction score
Let's hope he plays well enough that we don't feel compelled to reach for the stage hook and find ourselves at least somewhat encouraged with at least three quarters of his play (assuming they have Smith play at least a couple series before the final buzzer).

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
They more interesting question are the players they surround him with. If they start Lock with 3rd and 4th stringers and those on their way it it really won’t be a fair chance to show his skills.

that said, if DK and Lockett really are the decision makers they will never have played on the field with Lock in a real game.

Rat

Reaction score
I'd give Lock three quarters and Eason one. I know what Geno would say about that, but I've seen enough of him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not complaining, I think it's hilarious. He should just play better. I couldn't care less about Twitter or what someone says. I find it entertaining.
Funny how you turn that in to me complaining. I'm laughing.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm not complaining, I think it's hilarious. He should just play better.
I don't know, dude. You have a little playground insult for him and everything.

People who point out the good things that Geno does do immediately get shot down with the "Never geNO!!!!" posts anyway, so I don't really think "playing better" would convince most casual observers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. I didn't realize it's not ok to joke around. I think he's average, but we're stuck with him. Hope to be very wrong.

Slick

Reaction score
Here's my take: no matter who you put out there at quarterback they're going wipe loogies on the football for funzies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Has Geno complained about Lock getting reps? Did I miss something?
No, you've missed nothing, just Geno Haters venting on their new Whipping Boy.
He's not Russell Wilson, so he's going to take a lot of the sh!t that's running downhill from the transitioning.
Geno is never going to be Brady-esque, but then again, neither is Wilson.
The NOW Wilson is NOT the same guy as the THEN Wilson.
The THEN Geno is not the same guy as the NOW Geno.

audioeffects

Reaction score
I honestly believe that no matter how well Lock plays - Carroll will choose Smith to bear the burden of facing the Broncos defense week 1. Carroll will honor Smith’s commitment to being a starting QB and give Lock some time to refine his game to take over before week 5 or 6. Space holders need 17 games to finish the tanking season.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Whipping boy? Just because some of us think he's average at best, that doesn't mean he's a whipping boy. Lock is average too. It is what it is. They had all off season to get a better option at QB, they didn't. It has nothing to do with Wilson, he moved on and I'm glad both sides moved on.
Again, I hope to be very wrong about Geno. I just don't see how he's done anything in his career (same with Lock) to bring out any serious confidence in his play.

Last edited: