Do we have a better team Today than the day Pete was hired?

Are the Seahawks a better team today than when Pete was hired?

• Yes

Votes: 67 90.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I don’t think we do. He was taken us down to where we were when he started.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Here's the 2009 Seahawks roster.

I understand our QB position is probably terrible right now, but there's no way the 2009 roster is better then our current roster. Zero pro bowlers on that roster. Zero.

Add in the complete and utter dumpster fire that was Jim Mora as a head coach, and I don't care what you think about Pete Carroll, he's 40 times the head coach Mora was.

sutz

Reaction score
Our QB situation is about equal to where it was then, though it might be slightly better than we were prior to Russ being drafted.

Our D is overall far better than then. WR corps is better, TE better. O-line maybe a tossup. Technically, Walter Jones was still here, but was a shell of his former self and retired before he really played for Pete.

So, yeah we're starting at a better place for this re-build than what Pete took over in 2010.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Easily.

Did you get here in 2012 or something? That 2010 team had zero talent. The most talented guys were rookies.

I believe Pete and John broke the league record for roster turnover their first year? Something like 80% was turned over?

I have no idea if Pete and John can do it again, but I'm optimistic with year one of the rebuild. I think we drafted and added some good to great players.

So we'll see. But yeah, no contest for me. That 2009 team was one of the worst in Hawk history, and that's saying something.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
This thread is just another lame attempt to throw mud on the FO. Not even veiled well...

We already know how you feel, OP. But you're welcome to be wrong.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Of course it's better than 2009-2011. I think that's obvious. We a number of players can could develop into superstars similar to how the 2012 season went down. Only time will tell. I will say that the OL talent/potential is far beyond what Seattle has ever had. I have high hopes for Lewis taking that next step forward and I'm really excited to see the Tackles, I hope they seize the starting jobs. This team is much further along than in those first few years under PC. People seem to be forgetting that this team won the division just 2 season ago. Was 2021 an outlier or something more predictive of how the year will go. Only time will tell.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of course we do have a better team, the present team has more depth and has the prospect of being significantly better than they were this last season very soon.

The team's record proves the improvement and they were a 4-12 team when the the present FO/ Pete was signed on in 2010. Only a person that is highly biased against Pete would say the team is worse than it was back then.

You can disagree with many of the FO office moves and several disastrous coaching decisions but overall this team is a better team than it was when Coach Mora was the HC.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The 2009 roster was pretty bad, not just for a lack of overall talent but also a lack of potential. We had brought in Edgerrin James and TJ Houshmandzadeh when they had nothing left in the tank and had whiffed in the draft on our high picks with Aaron Curry and Lawrence Jackson. Our best players were Hass, Trufant, and Kerney who were winding down their careers at that point.

Walter Jones retired following 2008. The 2009 starting OL was Locklear - Sims - Spencer - Unger - Willis and was underwhelming at best.

Jac

Reaction score
There is talent and exciting young potential on this roster at virtually every position group. The big exception/unknown is QB, but I think it's pretty clear they're looking toward the 2023 draft for that.

toffee

Reaction score
Well Jayhawk, this one blew up in your face, eh? LOLOLOLOLOL
Nailed it, he was fishing for supporters to his theory that our current roster was worse than the season Pete was hired. Luckily we have enough old timers to set the record straight.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

Do we have a better team Today than the day Pete was hired?​

I don’t think we do. He was taken us down to where we were when he started.
  • Yes
  • Votes: 19 - 90.5%
  • No​

Votes: 2 - 9.5%
... well that certainly couldn't have been what you were expecting. planning on jumping off that cliff soon?

:ROFLMAO:

these guys like jay and john63 are shouting to anyone that will listen, but guess what? we've turned you guys off like we turned off the msm propaganda. at some point you'll just stop trying to convince us that an aging, 5'10 $50m/yr rollout-qb diva is better than the seahawks organization and its real fans

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We should all attempt to not make this poll and it’s results personal. Everyone posting here is entitled to their own view even if the majority disagrees with that view.

Objectively though the results support the majority view, regardless of the AP biases of the minority. It’s a reasonable question asked here however, and there are more than a small few with a difference of opinion.

We are all fans of the team here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We have a better roster now. Guys like Tyler, DK and Diggs put us over a bit. There are some good players on this roster, hell even Carson if he can play. We have some great safeties. Some other good defensive players. Fantastic WRs and decent RBs when healthy.

There wasn't much on that 2009 roster worth keeping. Mebane, Unger, and maybe Milloy.

But I am not sure this isn't just the OP being premature instead of wrong.
I expect we will be at or near an equivalent roster to the 2009 team in about 2-3 years.
We aren't there now. But it is probably coming.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
We should all attempt to not make this poll and it’s results personal. Everyone posting here is entitled to their own view even if the majority disagrees with that view.
and yet, jammer, that's exactly what the OP wanted. to make its results personal. to create a narrative that's pro+ wilson and neg- carroll/schneider. except for OP this has backfired INCREDIBLY (in will ferrell voice). and that's why its so laughable.

everything is so PC these days. :cool: i just can't anymore.

Latest posts