DK's pace is 14th all time after 3 years in INSANE DIVISION!

Tokadub

Reaction score
Sometimes I have to make new topics after I do research after reading someone's comment. This is one of those occasions... DK is on pace to have the 14th most receiving yards of anyone in NFL history after his first 3 seasons, even though he is playing in a defensively insanely good Division!

People were complaining about DK with some stupid penalty when the game was already over but here's the facts:

DK Metcalf would be ranked 14th all time in most reception yards in his first 3 seasons with his 66.77 average per game so far this season and then subtracting 66.77 because we have 1 additional game this season...

He is on pace for 3275 yards in his first 3 seasons even with subtracting 1 game off for the 17th game...

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receiving-yards-in-first-3-seasons

If being 14th best all time in reception yards on a run oriented team is "bad" according to some of our fans I don't know what DK would have to do to gain their appreciation...

We are in a super tough Division where all 3 of our divisional opponents have extremely strong defenses...

All 3 of our divisional opponents are above average in yards allowed per game this season:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/asc

Cardinals are ranked 4th, 49ers are ranked 8th, Rams are ranked 11...

We are ranked 31st for perspective...

Odell Beckham Jr. was ranked #2 all time in most yards in the first 3 seasons but IT'S FINE to allow the Rams to take him for 1.25 million when we just couldn't score a single point hahahaha :pukeface: :stirthepot: :snack:

classicaaron

Reaction score
and half the guys on the list may have started hot but they definitely fizzled. if he ends up with the same career stats as david boston we dont need him. hes far from a great catcher and hes been taken out of his game several times. while you point out he plays in a tough division and i agree because hes been completely shut down before by the likes of Ramsey i still cant consider him elite.

hes a good player and id like him on the team for a long time dont get me wrong. but that doesnt mean hes not becoming completely annoying. saying your the greatest ever and ripping play calling and acting like a jerk to the media while dropping balls that hit you right in the face is just stupid. maybe stop coloring your hair and use a jug machine. even if he was top 10 dont you want him to be top 5 by actually catching more balls.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When he says in a post game: "I got ejected because I'm tired of losing."
No, you got ejected for yet another tantrum. Then wouldn't own up to it. I just can't make excuses for the guy any more. It truly is an issue. He has a real chance to fix this is and be a pro. Just because you're a great player, that doesn't make it ok for these ridiculous outbursts. And for the record, the penalty for hugging the goal post was a lame call. That was actually pretty damn funny. While I appreciate how he can get in the head of the opponent, you also can't just get personal foul penalties when someone dishes it right back at you.

Elemas

Reaction score
I like DK. But, I’m warming up to a rebuild after witnessing this clusterfk of a season. With the idea in mind that Pete’s not going anywhere, I think we HAVE to look at a rebuild. Given Pete’s age, I doubt this is of popular option with the FO.

With that said, DK is going to command a huge contract (and rightfully so). Additionally, a few years in a PC offense is enough of a disappointment to steer a WR of DKs caliber away. If you were a top # receiver, would you want to play here?

If it’s a rebuild, and I’m trading RW, Wagz, hopefully unloading JA for at least a first, etc…I’m likely trading DK for some picks. This is done with the assumption that I know how to draft and will truly build from the lines on both sides and as much as the rest of the defense as possible (with folks like Taylor and Brooks becoming “veterans” on the D).

Some of the contracts are reasonable (Lockett for example).

Expectations would obviously be lowered.

But……………………I don’t think we draft well. I think a team would be absolutely nuts to trade a guy like RW. I also believe you’d have to be a tad bit insane to let DK walk.

I do apologize….I steered this right to the great .Net debate. Without some major changes such as firing Pete, KNJ, etc…I can see a guy like DK demanding a trade. I’m not sure we can retain him regardless of what we may offer.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not quite on the let's trade him for sure side yet. But I'm also open to the idea IF he continues to have these tantrums. I guess it's just getting old. And he's not the only one, the team is lacking a lot of discipline. Just my opinion.
IF they trade him, he could bring back quite a haul.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
If they do fire Pete though i want the new coach to bring in a new GM as well and don't want any hold overs from the Pete Carroll era. Start over from the top down. We don't know how much Pete is deciding who is drafted it could very well be Pete lets John make these picks after they do there homework. I just don't think JS would have stuck around if every time he came out with a draft board Pete came in and blew it up. They have made some serious mistakes in the draft and to me that's the biggest argument for firing Pete/JS and one i agree with.

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at DK in a Chargers or New Orleans offense and think this guy could be all world, they actually scheme Receivers open and use them. So did the Rams and their OC and Assistant Waldron, then he got Petetrofied.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wait, you mean actually coaching to the strengths of the players? Mind......blown.
We don't do that here in Seattle, nearly enough at least.
But as always, EVERYTHING is the fault of the QB, that hasn't changed around here in a Decade.
And yes, he has to play a LOT better. But the Tantrums are not going to just vanish. I'll believe it when I see it.
I tried to stick up for the guy, enough. Grow the f up kid.