DK Signing 3 Year/72m extension

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
The only thing that worries me about this contract is the amount of years...that if we succeed on the qb we choose next draft, both extensions will be 1 year apart from each other unless we tag one of them

chrispy

Reaction score
What's he going to do...? He'll cash his checks with a big smile on his face. ...and get another huge contract in 3 years.

I have a really hard time seeing anything negative here. Seahawks saved a lot of cap space. DK gets another huge contract in a few years. How is this not a win-win?

BASF

Reaction score
Already went through that with the guy in your pic....geno got the ball to Metcalf a lot better than Wilson.
Based on what exactly? Game logs show Geno targetting him less than Wilson except for one game where there were only four targets. Geno had a better completion percentage to DK, but they were probably safer throws.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Based on what exactly? Game logs show Geno targetting him less than Wilson except for one game where there were only four targets. Geno had a better completion percentage to DK, but they were probably safer throws.
Better throws...not 8 feet over his head..or into triple coverage down the field along the sideline...or most importantly an actual pass to the middle of the field. Safe throws..yep...let DK get the yac. The brand didn't do this...

QWERTY

Reaction score
I mean, sports is entertainment with no intrinsic value and we can safely say that all the athletes are overpaid by any reasonable human standard. And yet, we keep buying tickets and jerseys and staring at our TVs on Sunday afternoons.

That said --- if you have strong feelings that this contract is somehow unreasonable based on the current marketplace, and D.K.'s talent, accomplishments, and future potential, I'd be very interested in your nuanced analysis.
26mill APY, what is that Top 5 WR contracts?

Yet he can't do shit against Ramsey who is a top 3 Corner.

kidhawk

Reaction score

I didn’t think I’d feel like this but I’m torn on this one. I love having DK as a Seahawk and I believe he can do great things but I also worry about that kind of money to one WR.

With franchise QBs costing upwards of $50 million and WRs costing upward of $25 million makes it nearly impossible to have both on your team unless one is a rookie or you are lacking in several other areas.

With all that said. I’ll enjoy the next few years watching DK catch balls from whoever is throwing them for us.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Great draft but dumb signing for Seahawks. What a waste, its only going to get worst when he starts acting up like a diva because the QB can't give him the ball.
As much as this is a possibility, I think not signing him to an extension is worst. DK became a staple and core player since he was drafted, and if you decide to let him walk, it sends a bad message to the rest of the team that no matter how hard they work or good they are, if DK can be let go, so can they.

There is something to be said with a team that chooses not to resign good players that they draft. Almost like it doesn’t matter how they perform, if they love the team and Seattle, they will still be let go.

No team will find success letting good players go.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Wilson is the reason he became a star. What's he going to do with no real QB to throw to him?
Now the Seahawks are asking DK to be the team leader. I am very happy with this because he sets a high standard for personal excellence. I think that he is the new #3 and should be the offensive team Captain!!!

I really think that Pete wants to "rub #3's nose in it" with regards to his "football philosophy". With Locket and our other receivers, we have a very strong and talented group. These guys will be able to catch a poorly thrown ball and make their value to the team known. Poor quarterback performance coupled with our receivers group high quality skills will only make #3 seem like less of a factor for team success. I bet we make the "Wildcard" round of the playoffs.

The running backs are awesome!!! Except, that we are lacking a "tough guy" like Chris or Marshawn...I hope we will bring back someone like Bo Scarbrough to add that kick a$$ element.

With a new defensive style and new player additions coming together, as well as other developments on the offensive side, I think that the Seahawks will have an awesome season. They are under-rated, but will be a real force this year...even without #3.

Go DK!!!

Rainger

Reaction score
Great draft but dumb signing for Seahawks. What a waste, its only going to get worst when he starts acting up like a diva because the QB can't give him the ball.
When r u going to get on the Donky forums? You don't belong here! He will get the ball more cause he doesn't have a diva qb who was jealous of him and wouldn't throw him the ball.

Fade

Reaction score
Seahawks: B+
DK: A
Fans: A+

Seahawks:
It's a good contract for the Seahawks, but they continue to cost themselves money by not going with 5-6 yr deals which is bog standard when re-signing young superstar players. Even if it would've cost them a couple more million APY, that will pale in comparison to what the going rate will be in 3 years.

DK:
Leveraged this well, he nearly got a fully guaranteed contract, and he can get another bite at the apple in 3 years. If he wanted to, he could've squabbled for a little bit mo' APY, so I can't give him an A+, but he won the negotiation.

Fans:
It would've been an outright catastrophe if he wasn't re-signed. The fans have very little to cheer for, and if DK was on the way out it would've been soul crushing.

rcaido

Reaction score
As much as this is a possibility, I think not signing him to an extension is worst. DK became a staple and core player since he was drafted, and if you decide to let him walk, it sends a bad message to the rest of the team that no matter how hard they work or good they are, if DK can be let go, so can they.

There is something to be said with a team that chooses not to resign good players that they draft. Almost like it doesn’t matter how they perform, if they love the team and Seattle, they will still be let go.

No team will find success letting good players go.
They did that w/ Frank Clark & Earl Thomas.

Best thing to do was clean house and rip the band-aid. As soon as they got rid of Wilson and let Wagner go, that was the time to trade Metcalf. Jets were offering at least the 10th pick. We needed to start building on an elite defense.

Even if Metcalf stays productive, are we seriously going to pay Metcalf even more when his contract is up? Can we find a QB in 3 years to even justify paying that much for a WR.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Frank Clark was not as good a defensive end as DK a wide receiver.

Earl? I don’t anyone here wanted to keep Earl. Earl, burned bridges and further alienated himself from the team. There was no choice but to let him go.

Seattle’s elite defense wasn’t made primarily of high draft picks. Seattle can still rebuild their defense while having something of a respectable offense.

You can bet if you don’t have DK, defense going to stack the box and stop the run every drive.

At least having DK you know there are safeties playing honest because they’re afraid of his deep speed, thus, allowing bigger runs also to take place.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Wilson is the reason he became a star. What's he going to do with no real QB to throw to him?
If this isnt sarcasm, pop in some tape and watch the multitude of times DK runs wide open over the middle on 3rd and 2 only to have Russ chuck it 45 yards downfield/incomplete playing hero ball

DK wasnt frustrated last year game in and game out because the moon was a waxing crescent......

rcaido

Reaction score
Frank Clark was not as good a defensive end as DK a wide receiver.

Earl? I don’t anyone here wanted to keep Earl. Earl, burned bridges and further alienated himself from the team. There was no choice but to let him go.

Seattle’s elite defense wasn’t made primarily of high draft picks. Seattle can still rebuild their defense while having something of a respectable offense.

You can bet if you don’t have DK, defense going to stack the box and stop the run every drive.

At least having DK you know there are safeties playing honest because they’re afraid of his deep speed, thus, allowing bigger runs also to take place.
Frank Clark last season w/ the Seahawks was easily top 10 DE. Earl was still top 5, they didn't want to re-sign him, that's when he started flipping out and burnt the bridge. Then he got hurt. The Seahawks handle that poorly.

Metcalf isn't top 10 or even the best WR on the team.

Im pretty sure they will stack the box regardless if they have dk or not. Geno and Lock are not threats and most teams know this.

seadoc84

Reaction score

How did Wilson make him a star? Iv never seen a WR missed on throws by the Qb like Wilson used to with DK. Review the tapes and see how many times Wilson used to miss or not see him wide open.
Especially against Ramsey, who DK beat so many times, but pathetic Wilson was inaccurate or didn't throw it.

rcaido

Reaction score
How did Wilson make him a star? Iv never seen a WR missed on throws by the Qb like Wilson used to with DK. Review the tapes and see how many times Wilson used to miss or not see him wide open.
Especially against Ramsey, who DK beat so many times, but pathetic Wilson was inaccurate or didn't throw it.
This is crazy talk. Wilson pretty much hand deliver his throws to Metcalf.

This is DK whole highlight reel in 2020. I dont see any spectacular catches at all. Just lots of very accurate throws and great run after the catch. Also one of the greatest plays in history tackling Baker from the Wilson Int.

Here is link to all his catches. Im going to miss those beautiful long balls. Wilson short passes and down the middle seem accurate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This completely regressive logic eventually ends up somewhere like "wow, might as well sell the team since the quarterback can't deliver the ball."

People really, really have trouble seeing past 2022 since the Russ trade.

flv2

Reaction score
I don't believe Metcalf would have played a full season or would have been fully engaged in 2022 without a new contract. I suspect the Seahawks might have gotten 6 games of half-assed effort for just over $1M, (after fines). Instead they'll get 51 fully engaged games for $58.2M and an option year at $18M. It's a deal that makes sense for both sides.