Defense is clicking... and now T Brown is back.

keasley45

Reaction score

I dont think it can be overstated how important Brown coming back to the team might be for its continued success, particularly on D.

T Brown was posting results last year that were setting records for rookie CB play. He was in essence, the T Woolen of 2021 (albeit in his own style) before he went down to injury. If he can come in and lock down the other corner spot and we have a starting 3 of Woolen, Brown and Bryant, it's without a doubt going to help the passrush and LB play.

I think what we'll have on the back end is what's referred to as an embarrassment of riches.

If only Adams hadn't gone down. The starting back end of Adams and Diggs, then Woolen, Brown and Bryant... is there a better back 5 in the league?

This defense is literally 2 players away from being the 2nd coming. Need a ILB and a DLman in the draft in 23 and maybe a safety to cover for the uncertainty that swirls around Adam's spot.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That safety is here already, he’s playing in place of Adams. Ryan Neal has played well for the team over the past two seasons and is definitely worth keeping around.

The interior OLine @ C and RG needs depth, and so does the 5 tech group. To completely agree that the ILB group is in need of reinforcement.

I’d argue that the team needs another always capable WR too.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
That safety is here already, he’s playing in place of Adams. Ryan Neal has played well for the team over the past two seasons and is definitely worth keeping around.

The interior OLine @ C and RG needs depth, and so does the 5 tech group. To completely agree that the ILB group is in need of reinforcement.

I’d argue that the team needs another always capable WR too.

Don't disagree with that. I was looking at the defense only.

And Neal is playing well. He just doesn't have intangible physical attributes that separate him from the rest. When he's beat, he's beat. That being said, he makes up for it with having great instincts and a nose for the ball. He's the S version of B Max when he was here. Not elite in any way, but a key cog in an otherwise special unit.

He's a solid, solid lunch pale guy, but that might be just enough if the unit around him his functioning well. I wouldn't say hes a 1 for 1 replacement for J Adams.

evergreen

Reaction score
I would. He’s not made of glass and he can catch balls.

toffee

Reaction score

I dont think it can be overstated how important Brown coming back to the team might be for its continued success, particularly on D.

T Brown was posting results last year that were setting records for rookie CB play. He was in essence, the T Woolen of 2021 (albeit in his own style) before he went down to injury. If he can come in and lock down the other corner spot and we have a starting 3 of Woolen, Brown and Bryant, it's without a doubt going to help the passrush and LB play.

I think what we'll have on the back end is what's referred to as an embarrassment of riches.

If only Adams hadn't gone down. The starting back end of Adams and Diggs, then Woolen, Brown and Bryant... is there a better back 5 in the league?

This defense is literally 2 players away from being the 2nd coming. Need a ILB and a DLman in the draft in 23 and maybe a safety to cover for the uncertainty that swirls around Adam's spot.
Agree with ILB, DL, but will get safeties, just in case. Al Woods is also getting on age ... may be a NT?

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score

Interesting to see what becomes of ADAMS the guy just has Really bad luck!