Creative covers...

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hard to beat these guys for creativity. Especially gotta love the sound effects guy. :)

My daughter was a huge Pentatonix fan for a few years. I got tired of hearing their stuff really fast.

I prefer Distrubed's cover of The Sound of Silence. Simon and Garfunkle's original is still my favorite though. Fun side fact, Simon and Garfunkle were a Doo-Wop duo called Tom and Jerry before making it big under their real names.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
One of my favorites. Johnny Cash doing NIN's Hurt

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Not really a cover, but I came across this a week or two ago. Dennis Chambers listening to Tool's Schism once and then creating his own drum track for it.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Last night we went to the opening dance at my goddaughter's mother's new dance school, and today we're going to hear (and dance to) some samba, so that brings a couple of things to mind for this thread.

How 'bout a samba-rock version of the theme song from The Simpsons...

That guy does samba-rock covers of lots of songs.

This next one is not exactly a cover - it's really just a remix - but I kinda love the samba-ized version of Afroman's "Because I Got High" and this seems like a good place to share it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anthrax does a killer version of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, one of the best covers of all time imo
Iron Maiden does a great version of Cross Eyed Mary
Faith No More version of War Pigs
The Vines' version of I'm Only Sleeping is damn good
Queenryche doing Scarborough Fair, really good
Heart doing pretty much any Zeppelin is on point