Chargers - not looking past them, or dissing them - BUT

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
They don't scare me much from last night's game.

QB looked confused at best.

Not getting cocky - just sayin we might have this - I think by a TD or 2 come sunday.

Gotta keep heads on straight - but just saying.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
All depends on which version of Herbert shows up. I don't think hid ribs are healing up on a short week, so it should be limited version. I like our chances IF our run defense can step up.

They had a really aggressive one two punch with those backs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Chargers will be plenty tough. Can't judge it just on the crap show we saw last night. That team fights to the end, just like the Hawks.
Game is a toss up imo. I haven't heard, but is Keenan Allen due back? He's a BEAST. If he plays, that's a totally different team.

keasley45

Reaction score
They were playing an outstanding defense and secondary in Denver. I love the Hawks, but this game will not be easy. Hoping for a win and a continuation of the growth on D we saw last week. But I have a feeling we're going to need Geno (V Detroitz Geno) to pull this one out.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Herbert couldn't drive the ball downfield due to his rib injury, and that let a very good Broncos defense tee up on the short stuff and running game. It's similar to what seems to be happening to the Rams offense - even though they insist Stafford is fine.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
We need Nwosu to get to Herbert’s tender ribs early and often and rock that ass with a few strip sacks and confuse the coverages in the secondary. I feel like this a trap game for the Boltz and the matchup favors us. I don’t care about the odds this week I like our chances

hoxrox

Reaction score
Their front seven and blitz packages are kind of scary. Pass pro will need to be ready. Their back end is not scary. Think this can be exploited.

On offense, they are missing their starting LT and are down to their 3rd string center. Our Dline should be able to take advantage. Due to the injury, Herbert will mostly dink and dunk, and rely on their run game. His balls pass 15 yards didn't look good last night. Hurtt should gameplan accordingly.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Chargers should have sat Herbert weeks ago and let him heel. Instead, their lowbrow head coach will sacrifice his formerly elite QB in order to try and save his job.

This is criminal, and slightly similar to the Dolphins head coach letting Tua go back in. How can they be so stupid? How can the FO be so stupid?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Other than Murray, the Cards didn't pose much run threat. Hopefully the Seahawk run defense will continue to play better. The Chargers have a good run game with Ekeler and Michel.

Scout

Reaction score
The Chargers have serious injuries on offense. But as they showed last night they can go downhill on offense on a very impressive Broncos defense. Broncos defense didn't collapse in 4 quarters + OT but they also lost ToP against the Chargers. Broncos are going to feel it heading into their next game against a very surprising Jets team.

Defensively the Chargers backend has a lot of high end talent but they are not playing as a unit and they are making mistakes. But the Chargers front seven is very impressive. They are easily on the Broncos or 49ers level as a front seven so I would not underestimate them.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Seahawks have a better offense but a worse defense. I think on balance, we're the better team.

So, the variables I'm looking at with this game are these:

1) Chargers have home field advantage.

2) Chargers have a hobbled QB and will be using a backup Kicker. As we saw with Arizona, not being able to rely on your K can change your offensive calculus.

3) Chargers had an emotional, OT victory on a walkoff FG against a divisional opponent. Seahawks had a much more sedated victory.

4.) Chargers are going to be coming off a short week.

So, overall, I'll be honest: I think the 'Hawks should be favored in this one if it was on a neutral site and even in this one, despite the home field advantage, I think enough of the other variables work in our favor that we should still be favored.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Bosa being out is huge, but the Chargers are really talented. They may have a Kingsbury clone as a coach that is holding them back a bit.

Keenan Allen probably back plus Ekeler, Williams and Herbert will really test the defense. We will soon see if the coaching staff fixed the D

Polk738

Reaction score
Khalil Mack is gonna have a field day with those rookie tackles

Smellyman

Reaction score
Khalil Mack is gonna have a field day with those rookie tackles
definintley need to get some TEs on his side. I think the Chargers had six sacks and one by Mack. They got some dudes on that D.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Their kicker is out the next 2-4 weeks.
This could be a key if our defense can continue to tighten things up in the red zone. I'm expecting there will be a handful of 4th down attempts in our territory that will determine the outcome.