Carlos Dunlap

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
With all the frustration we are having with the defense so far this season I have to ask a question.

Is it just me or does Dunlap seem to be mostly invisible this year?

With our woes with the secondary, a better pass rush would definitely be helpful and I just don't see the kind of performance from Dunlap that we witnessed last season.

What am I missing here?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Fernie Hawks Fan":1yg22ii1 said:
With all the frustration we are having with the defense so far this season I have to ask a question.

Is it just me or does Dunlap seem to be mostly invisible this year?

With our woes with the secondary, a better pass rush would definitely be helpful and I just don't see the kind of performance from Dunlap that we witnessed last season.

What am I missing here?

No, it isn't just you. Dunlap hasn't been mostly invisible this season, he's been completely invisible.

In our first 6 games, Dunlap has 0 sacks, 0 tackles for loss, 3 solo and 3 assisted tackles, and 2 QB hits, including 0 in his last 3 games.

Dunlap and Adams, our two biggest offseason defensive signings, have been two of our biggest disappointments to this point of the season.

OP
OP
Fernie Hawks Fan

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
Exactly!!!!...I can understand the drop off if he was continually getting double-teamed but that is just not the case.
I have tried to focus as much as possible on him during games and he just seems to be going through the motions with no "fire in the belly". Thought maybe an injury but haven't seen any reports to confirm that.

Rat

Reaction score
Yeah, he has been enormously disappointing. In fact, every pass rusher we have not named Darrell Taylor has been underwhelming this season. Our corners arn't good enough to hold coverage as long as they're being forced to.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think he gets doubled enough with Adams not bringing pressure the way he did last year. That, and I wouldn't discount the impact that Reed had on demanding attention inside.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if his foot injury hasn't slowed him some, even if he's not on the injury report.