Can't stop the run, can't run the ball

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I would say the Hawks are pretty much done unless they can find a way to fix it against top competition. I just dont see it.

SF is going load the box , stuff the run and go off on Geno. Not sure if Walkeris going to makeca difference because i think the issue is with the o line, i just dont think aspects of the O line are run blocking well.

Usually i am very optimistic but i just dont see it.. hope im wrong.. wouldnt put it past Pete and crew to find a away but they can't beat the Raiders nor Carolina its unlikely they are going to to do well against SF and KC..

Thoughts?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Panthers had total of 223 yards rushing on the Seahawks. Both their top rbs got 74 yards each. Last season, they at least could stop the run under Norton.

RiverDog

Reaction score
In the last part of the 4th quarter when we knew that they were going to run the ball, we still couldn't stop them. They put up 223 yards rushing against us with a run-of-the-mill offensive line and garden variety running backs.

On the offensive side, this was the 4th straight game where we've been held to less than 100 yards rushing, and if you factor out QB scrambles, 3 of our last 4 games, including one game that went into overtime, our running backs have gained less than 35 yards rushing. Needless to say, defenses have figured out our running game.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Well i just think they dont have the depth in the rotation. They need a couple of big run stuffing DTs. Its not scheme IMO.. Woods did not play in the second half and Hsrris c was out but even so they need to draft some big young studs on the D line...

As far as the O line goes they are 2 players short.

Never know whats going to happen in the NFL but i just dont see the Hawks wining enough games to make the play offs at this point but... NEVER put anything past Carroll.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Are you even a fan of this team?

I'm joking. I'm with you man. This defense is an embarrassment in all aspects of the game. They have no strengths, and therefore no identity.
I dis agree there are some good things happening in the secondary i like the coaching staff they are a couple of players short... if Adams can stay heathy and they can get 2 DTs a run stuffing DE they will be much better.

Rainger

Reaction score
I don't even think some of the bad D,s of the past or under Mora were this bad.

There are flashes of good play and players but no one seems to be on the same page, they get man handled and such sloppy tackling

Jville

Reaction score
Impressive what an emphasis on the running game does for time of possession.

Time of Possession
CAR 39:16
SEA 20:44

It's not enough to just talk about the run game. Convincing execution by the Panthers showed the way. And, wasn't it just last year that we saw a number of analytic posers preaching that teams should pass on every down instead wasting snaps on run plays?

Rainger

Reaction score
Impressive what an emphasis on the running game does for time of possession.

Time of Possession
CAR 39:16
SEA 20:44

It's not enough to just talk about the run game. Convincing execution by the Panthers showed the way. And, wasn't it just last year that we saw a number of analytic posers preaching that teams should pass on every down instead wasting snaps on run plays?
Yes and 1/2 of the arm chair coaches on .net have been screaming that Seattle runs to much, until this year

Chuckwow

Reaction score
As old school as it may be: run the ball, stop the run, win football games.

La cucaracha. Pass the nachos. Please.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
In the last part of the 4th quarter when we knew that they were going to run the ball, we still couldn't stop them. They put up 223 yards rushing against us with a run-of-the-mill offensive line and garden variety running backs.

On the offensive side, this was the 4th straight game where we've been held to less than 100 yards rushing, and if you factor out QB scrambles, 3 of our last 4 games, including one game that went into overtime, our running backs have gained less than 35 yards rushing. Needless to say, defenses have figured out our running game.
What the hell?? Defenses don't have to deal with Penny nor Walker, that's what "Defenses have figured out" duh!
First three picks? G-E-F-E-N-S-E >>Round Two>> second pick Seattle Seahawks goes after a Brute Running Back or knucke-dragigng Center, and then another RG with an ornery sombiotch attitude.
Geno needs a NASTY O-Line to be all he can be....That's what I call "Fine Tuning"