Can we go into the Jaguars game with Geno leading this team?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Last game was horrific. Where it not for D.K. getting away with P.I. and running for a TD we would have had about 80 yards of passing last night on 21 attempts while completing barely above 50 percent completion percentage and thats with the defense stacking the box all night long. Geno was sacked on nearly 25% percent of his drop backs as well. Surely anyone would have to be better at this point

The D has played inspired ball lately but I wonder if that keeps up when Geno gives us almost no chance to win. Our offense has been abysmal with Geno at the helm. Our run game saved us in the Pittsburgh game so maybe it can against the Jaguars but my goodness it looks bleak without Russ at the helm.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
How much of it is Geno and how much of it is the coaches not game planning for Geno? They are trying to use Geno the same way they use Russ. Pete-ball doesn't work when your QB can't improvise and save your ass in the last 2 minutes.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Good thing we didn’t pick up Joe Flacco for a 6th round pick. He’d be a decent backup LOL

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Geno is not a genuine NFL QB, he is inaccurate, and takes sacks, because he can't easily read the field. I think the team is trying to game plan around his weaknesses but he really has revealed he's been carried here by RW, he's just not very good.

The team doesn't have a 6th round pick to trade.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Is there any other choice? Luton and Etling don't really excite me as alternatives better than Smith. Eason just joined the team so he's not ready.

Jville

Reaction score
Monday Night passing chart .................

Pass chart SMI269700 2021 REG 7 1635218913291

And from the week (6) ................

Pass chart SMI269700 2021 REG 6 1634532703385

And after replacing Wilson in week 5 ................

Pass chart SMI269700 2021 REG 5 1633664095550

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It was pretty clear in the preseason that Geno was awful, and he's proven to be just that.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Geno’s stats are pretty much in line with a backup, yet he’s being judged like a starter. This seems to stem from the fact that people bashed Russ to such an extent, they expected Geno to come in and “run the offense.” Now that he’s not doing that as well as Russ, Geno’s being hyper criticized.

There are few backups in the league that are better. Can people name the backup QBs that are way better than Geno?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1diowppb said:
Geno’s stats are pretty much in line with a backup, yet he’s being judged like a starter. This seems to stem from the fact that people bashed Russ to such an extent, they expected Geno to come in and “run the offense.” Now that he’s not doing that as well as Russ, Geno’s being hyper criticized.

There are few backups in the league that are better. Can people name the backup QBs that are way better than Geno?

Here are a few names that have had more success than Geno as backup QBs -

Jacoby Brissett
Mason Rudolph
Case Keenum
Marcus Mariota
David Blough
Gardner Minshew
Teddy Bridgewater (he was backup to Brees)
Taysom Hill
Nick Mullens
Nick Foles
Chase Daniel
Tyrod Taylor
Taylor Heinicke

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Geno has been horrifically bad. Not sure why some are trying to obfusecate that reality. Yes he is a back up but he doesn't come close to even being a game manager. This has been obvious for years now. He isn't even good in preseason against back ups. Why he was kept around is beyond me.
My point is that our team can see this and I wonder if they stop giving full effort when they know our offense is hopeless with Geno at the helm. How could it possibly get worse if we started someone else? Outside of one great play by D.K. that could have easily been flagged for offensive P.I. our offense did NOTHING all night long. It was the kind of joke performance that can deflate the entire team. GENO HAS BEEN FLAT OUT HORRID!!!!

Stud

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3cnzevaf said:
Scorpion05":3cnzevaf said:

Jacoby Brissett
Mason Rudolph
Case Keenum
Marcus Mariota
David Blough
Gardner Minshew
Taysom Hill
Nick Mullens
Nick Foles
Chase Daniel
Tyrod Taylor
Taylor Heinicke

As a 49ers fan, Nick Mullens? LOL. No. He was so bad last year he literally cost the 49ers 3 games. All he had to do was be admirable in those games and we win, but he was terrible instead. He was also up there in league leading turnovers. There's a reason Mullens is on a practice squad.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3gs9xjwa said:
Scorpion05":3gs9xjwa said:

Jacoby Brissett
Mason Rudolph
Case Keenum
Marcus Mariota
David Blough
Gardner Minshew
Taysom Hill
Nick Mullens
Nick Foles
Chase Daniel
Tyrod Taylor
Taylor Heinicke

This is laughable. Not because this is factually wrong, but because you threw out names JUST to win the argument. Haha. Hilarious.

Do I really, truly need to show you the stats of those QBs for you to show enough humility and acknowledge how absolutely insane this argument is? Jacoby Brissett and all 5 games he just lost? Mason Rudolph? Blough!??? LOL, this is giving me heartburn