Boo Birds Expected September 12th

Will you boo Russell if you attend the game?

• Yep.

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Nope.

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Not sure yet.

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He is an opposing player. Every single one of you should boo him as every other opposing player. Some of you have your priorities off kilter.
Yeah, I think Russ has kinda tangled a lot of our priorities up.

If you ain't booing an opposing quarterback who is actively trying to defeat the Seattle Seahawks, the hell are you doing? Are you even a fan anymore at that point?

Conflicting emotions be damned, boo the friggin' Broncos!"

I'd be booing if I didn't live 3000 miles away, but I've booed the Ravens in Baltimore in 2015 (for an epic 5 touchdown performance from Russ, although I also saw Rawls grenade his ankle...) and I booed the Eagles TWICE in Philly in 2019! Boo the non-Seahawks!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Also, complete aside here, but the Eagles fanbase is really docile lately. Jadeveon Clowney killed their starting quarterback in a playoff game, and no one said so much as a single threat to me. They were too busy yelling death threats at their own team for losing. It was great.

RiverDog

Reaction score
He is an opposing player. Every single one of you should boo him as every other opposing player. Some of you have your priorities off kilter.
I don't boo every opposing player, nor do I necessarily boo the visiting team when they take the field. If I see a play, a coaching decision, a referee call, or act that I don't like and want to express my displeasure, then I'll boo. But it's not a generic response with me.

Although I fully understand why people want to boo Russell, I won't, but neither will I cheer him, either, at least not on this occasion.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Russ has kinda tangled a lot of our priorities up.

If you ain't booing an opposing quarterback who is actively trying to defeat the Seattle Seahawks, the hell are you doing? Are you even a fan anymore at that point?

Conflicting emotions be damned, boo the friggin' Broncos!"

I'd be booing if I didn't live 3000 miles away, but I've booed the Ravens in Baltimore in 2015 (for an epic 5 touchdown performance from Russ, although I also saw Rawls grenade his ankle...) and I booed the Eagles TWICE in Philly in 2019! Boo the non-Seahawks!
shun the non believers!!!! ;)

take us to candyland!

boo the shit out of them/him. wish i could get on-field tickets and a megaphone for booing purposes ;)

olyfan63

Reaction score
I have never liked the image and popularity contest crap in sports. Content of character matters and this Brain Bosworth type BS just doesn't fly. To me RW was way more trouble than he was worth. He proved to be better than what we needed but that just hid our short comings for way too long. We really should have cut ties a year or two after the SB loss. He is an amazing player that won games we should have lost but is incapable of becoming an elite QB of Brady or Peyton's level. You can't fix short.

With politicians all we can do is write our congressman. With sports we have a venue to voice our disapproval.
Not sure I understand the Brian Bosworth reference here. Bosworth was a brilliant self marketer, loved the episode where he arranged to sell "Ban the Boz" T-Shirts in Denver while he owned the company selling the T-Shirts! Tons of Denver fans booing him while wearing his "Ban the Boz" T-shirts, and Bosworth was loving it! For more background, check this out: https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/...z-t-shirts-to-denver-broncos-fans/53720#53720

Bosworth as a player was a damn good player when *healthy*, good team guy, won a Defensive Player of the Week award for his performance against the Bears. Sadly, his "healthy" sample size was way too small, as his shoulders couldn't stand up to the NFL. Just try tackling the great Bo Jackson with one arm when the other arm is too injured to function...

Bosworth was irreverent and funny, not being burdened with the pressure of being the face of the franchise like a starting QB is. Bosworth worked on his brand also, but his body let him down. I don't see a parallel between Bosworth and Wilson. If anything, Richard Sherman would be the far better comparison to Bosworth and his brand-building. Sherman's body held up long enough to have an outstanding career, helped by having far fewer run-ins with 300-lb offensive lineman.

The other major difference is that Bosworth marketed himself as the villain, while Wilson markets himself as a the good guy hero.

Latest posts