Boo Birds Expected September 12th

Will you boo Russell if you attend the game?

• Yep.

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Nope.

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Not sure yet.

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In a microcosm example, it appears local fans aren't feeling the warm and fuzzies for Russ. I chalk it up to his being disingenuous before he left, i.e. wants to be a Seahawk for life, blah, blah...Knowing full well he was wanting out for a long time.

W

Welshers

In a microcosm example, it appears local fans aren't feeling the warm and fuzzies for Russ. I chalk it up to his being disingenuous before he left, i.e. wants to be a Seahawk for life, blah, blah...Knowing full well he was wanting out for a long time.

Yes but I won't boo him. He's done too much for the city. I believe Russ besides the fake stuff and drama is a genuinely good guy. Not gonna boo a guy who spent weekends at childrens hospitals over football. I do think his play has gone downhill though. I'm not a huge fan of his anymore but I'm not booing him.

Will you Aros?

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Guy kind of grew up into a d-bag, what a shame.

He seems like a nice guy that does good things off the field, but comes across fake AF...so does it even matter at this point.

Cheer him his first pregame back, boo him the rest of his career. It's been great, but not that great. In a world of what have you done for me lately, he was been pretty forgettable.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I won't be there, but if I was I wouldn't boo. Just silence. All things considered I think that's the most appropriate reaction. Like, "You delivered our only Lombardi but then turned out to be almost as disingenuous as A-Rod". Unlike A-Rod who deserved the boos and thrown Monopoly money, no boos are deserved by RW.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If he made league minimum I would be quiet, but with the amount of money he is paid, booing comes with the territory. Dude wasn’t quite straight about his intentions and seemed to tank last year. Pouting little spoiled brat?

RiverDog

Reaction score

I don't like how Russell left. You're right, he was very disingenuous with his fans here and they have every right to be upset. But when you think about it, he almost had to answer questions in that manner as even a 'no comment' would have set off a firestorm of rumors and speculation and might have disrupted sensitive trade negotiations. Same goes for Pete, who was every bit as deceitful. But I still very much appreciate Russell's contributions to what was unquestionably the best era of Seahawk football that we've ever had, and I still think that basically he's a nice guy.

So, if I were in attendance, like GeekHawk, I would neither cheer nor boo when he is introduced. But my guess is that it's going to sound like everyone is against him as 30,000 people screaming their lungs out in that place sounds like 60,000 at any other venue.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm sure that there will be a mix. What irritates me the most is the first few years Russ is the darling of the league... a short, 3rd round draft pick that won the starting job in TC and preseason. He's the 2nd coming of the Messiah for the sports deprived PNW.

Then comes his first extension several years later, and the blatant animosity of his agent towards Pete and John starts eroding all the good will that Russ had built up to that point. Once signed, everything's good again until Russ wants to have a say in personnel decisions, which raises another red flag. What is going to make this guy happy!!!

From there, the divorce is inevitable. It's just a matter of time.

Russ drove the bus out of here. He deserves whatever the fan base has to throw at him.

/rant

toffee

Reaction score
Yes but I won't boo him. He's done too much for the city. I believe Russ besides the fake stuff and drama is a genuinely good guy. Not gonna boo a guy who spent weekends at childrens hospitals over football. I do think his play has gone downhill though. I'm not a huge fan of his anymore but I'm not booing him.

Will you Aros?
As a Russ homie, I must defend him. He is not a bad person, rather a complex or complicated man, but not a bad person.

rcaido

Reaction score
you got criminals drinking in driving you cheer... A positive player who did so much for the PNW the last decade and you guys want to boo. He wants to sell perfume and miracle water on his off time... unforgivable.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Y'know, I'm sure his tenure will be looked upon favorably, but I don't really care if he gets booed when he comes back for the first time. Sports fandom is largely just tribalism anyway - boos don't really imply you hate the person so much as you very much would like them and their team to not succeed at the current moment.

Don't throw beer at him or any dumb stuff like that, but simple boos? Meh. Boo him, and boo all the other Broncos too. Doesn't bother me at all.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm not going to boo him, but I support the right of all others to boo Russell to their heart's content.

It's just that investing the energy to boo Russell takes away from focusing on the many exciting young players we now have on the team, and the potential for a 2012-like run with a QB exceeding all expectations.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Guy kind of grew up into a d-bag, what a shame.

He seems like a nice guy that does good things off the field, but comes across fake AF...so does it even matter at this point.

Cheer him his first pregame back, boo him the rest of his career. It's been great, but not that great. In a world of what have you done for me lately, he was been pretty forgettable.
Wilson has always been a D-bag and had his own head up his you know what. He had a reputation going all the way back to college.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wilson has always been a D-bag and had his own head up his you know what. He had a reputation going all the way back to college.
Communications degree kinda hinted at it. He reminds me of the successful middle to upper managers in a corporation. Self-promotion is king when it comes to how your results are perceived, whatever they may be.

Those people tend to be successful, but they're also obviously calculated and a bit disingenuous, so they tend to be disliked eventually.

When I worked on the more corporate side of a bank, I had a manager that speaks and promotes themselves EXACTLY like Wilson. Canned phrases, all about perception, etc. It's friggin uncanny.

nwHawk

Reaction score
The more I think about it, how about a moment of silence. Total silence. That would be shocking and probably throw him off a bit.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Will you Aros?

No I won't boo him. Regardless of how I feel about how he left, I personally will not boo a person who meant so much to this team's success over the past decade.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'll boo his ass so long as he's in another team's jersey.

I've always given Russ the benefit of the doubt. He's cheesy as hell but he also almost always walked the walk he created for himself.

However don't tell me you wanna be the greatest QB ever and how much winning matters when you're not interested in a contract that gets a good team around you. Brady walked that walk, big ben walked that walk - these guys don't have to sit around being cheesy talking about how important winning is to them because they took actions to both get theirs and allow their team to have a shot at talent.

W

Welshers

No I won't boo him. Regardless of how I feel about how he left, I personally will not boo a person who meant so much to this team's success over the past decade.
100% agree

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'll boo his ass so long as he's in another team's jersey.

I've always given Russ the benefit of the doubt. He's cheesy as hell but he also almost always walked the walk he created for himself.

However don't tell me you wanna be the greatest QB ever and how much winning matters when you're not interested in a contract that gets a good team around you. Brady walked that walk, big ben walked that walk - these guys don't have to sit around being cheesy talking about how important winning is to them because they took actions to both get theirs and allow their team to have a shot at talent.
Nailed it.

Russell was all about Russell getting his moneybags. I kept waiting to hear how Russell was restructuring his contract to allow the team to put more talent around him, and there was only deafening silence.