Bills punter, released over rape allegations, was not even there, prosecutors say

pmedic920

Reaction score
Although I know absolutely nothing about this particular case, I’ve always held the belief that anyone that falsely accuses another should get the exact same punishment that the accused would have gotten if found guilty.
Especially for sexual allegations.

The very fact that a person has to defend themselves from false sexual allegations can ruin their life.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Although I know absolutely nothing about this particular case, I’ve always held the belief that anyone that falsely accuses another should get the exact same punishment that the accused would have gotten if found guilty.

The very fact that a person has to defend themselves from false sexual allegations can ruin their life.
While I understand where you are coming from, I think it has to be proven in court that she was lying about it. We can't just go by a not guilty verdict for the alleged rapist. So many women already don't report rape, that we would have to be very careful implementing something that punishes the accuser. I agree a false accusation should be punished, but somehow it would have to prevent more women from not reporting.

pmedic920

Reaction score
While I understand where you are coming from, I think it has to be proven in court that she was lying about it. We can't just go by a not guilty verdict for the alleged rapist. So many women already don't report rape, that we would have to be very careful implementing something that punishes the accuser. I agree a false accusation should be punished, but somehow it would have to prevent more women from not reporting.
I’m not being specific to this case.

My opinion is based off of “false allegations” alone.

Mix

Reaction score
The accuser should of had more people that would lie with her. Maybe if she had 2 more friends that went along with it something would of happened.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
The accuser deserves to spend a few years in prison.
As for how/why this was allowed to happen?

Part of it is obviously the #metoo/"believe all women" narrative, but part of it is also because of how many times in the past that nfl teams protected legitimately bad dudes.
If teams/nfl hadn't fought so hard to protect violent criminals in the past they would be able to go with "innocent until proven guilty" and "we're waiting to see how things play out" today. Instead they are protecting themselves by going with "guilty until proven innocent" and just cutting ties.
Funny how the big guys always end up on top, huh?

GemCity

Reaction score

I’m 💯 % with you on the equivalent punishment. She could’ve, and may have, ruined that young man’s life.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't agree it should be equal time because it might frighten some women from reporting it. However their should be real consequences for lying and trying to destroy someones life plus taking up the polices time investigating lies.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.

Facts. 1999 I sat in the Kent Regional Justice Center for a whole month for an armed robbery of a Pizza Hut delivery driver. Missed Thanksgiving. All because; I was unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (just got off the bus from downtown Seattle, going to visit my sister for dinner), some chump lied and the King County police are lousy detectives. Armed ******* robbery. Of a pizza man 🙄. Honestly, I never was convinced that guy really was even robbed. I still contend that he took the pizza and money to his dealer and needed a believable story to tell his boss. I hope he chokes on a sl8ce of that nasty ass pizza hut pizza!

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah so much for innocent until proven guilty, I disagree about how harshly the person should be punished, what's the difference in ruining a life by false accusations versus a actual incident, you have ruined a life, reputation, career and or family. The difference between a victim and a perpetrator or accused on is the victim will get all the help and support they need many times, try to repair a reputation and restart a life, get your family back where it was and just try to get your old job back after they fire you. Your background check may not get cleared and there will always be arrested for on it, you would have to dig deep to find the false accusation note.

I also think any media that runs a story should be held accountable for defamation of that person, just even saying accused of paints you as a target in todays society.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Glad that he got a new team.

But not glad that it was the Chiefs.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's a sad commentary about American life when we've gotten to the point where an employer immediately dumps a faithful and hard-working employee over a random and unproven allegation. I'm not necessarily faulting the Bills, either. I've seen it happen in my world as well. The problem is that even if a person is eventually cleared, in the minds of our 15 second sound bite public, it's too late to change the picture that has already been developed, and the Bills are forever associated with this inaccurate picture. The only way for the Bills to remedy this situation is to cut ties with the accused.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It's a sad commentary about American life when we've gotten to the point where an employer immediately dumps a faithful and hard-working employee over a random and unproven allegation. I'm not necessarily faulting the Bills, either. I've seen it happen in my world as well. The problem is that even if a person is eventually cleared, in the minds of our 15 second sound bite public, it's too late to change the picture that has already been developed, and the Bills are forever associated with this inaccurate picture. The only way for the Bills to remedy this situation is to cut ties with the accused.
Cancel culture...

QWERTY

Reaction score

It kind of varies. If the person was a star, let's say like Brady, Lebron James, or Patrick Maholmes, teams won't cut them.