Better start scouting CB for our first pick.

Chawker

Reaction score
Little bow Pete has lost his sheep and will be trying to find a new\lost sheep\CB from this draft and forget a passrush until at lest the fourth round.

Sorry, but I've lost all hope with Little bow Pete at the wheel. 2022 will suck.

Cheers

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Chawker":grlyoj6q said:
Little bow Pete has lost his sheep and will be trying to find a new\lost sheep\CB from this draft and forget a passrush until at lest the fourth round.

Sorry, but I've lost all hope with Little bow Pete at the wheel. 2022 will suck.

Cheers

Seattle may draft a CB just based on the depth of the DL and OL in this draft. But if we re sign Reed (and hopefully Jones) I would imagine Seattle will look to fill other needs.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
There are also so many teams in the NFC that needs QBs or want to plan for a future QB. I imagine teams will have to overpay to land one of the overrated QBs in this class. If they screw up this pick...then I don't know what to say. There are so many good Edge players. Just don't get cute. Get one of these guys. These guys are great and they are after 5-6 Edge/DEs that will go in the first round. Get any of these guys and I am happy. Please please don't get cute...

Myjai Sanders
Kingsley Enagbare
Sam Williams
Boye Mafe

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chawker":3gh4zmr9 said:

Cheers

This is based on absolutely nothing.

And I mean absolutely N O T H I N G.

This is directly against every single thing they've done at the cornerback spot, whereas they've consistently drafted high for pass rush.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Chawker":36nbzfjm said:
This is such a tremendously bizarre statement on multiple levels.

First, you're worried that Pete Carroll is going to overdraft a CB? Really?

Walter Thurmond - 4th round pick
Richard Sherman - 5th round pick
Brandon Browner - cheap FA (CFL)
Byron Maxwell - 6th round pick
Jeremy Lane - 6th round pick
DeShawn Shead - UDFA
Tharold Simon - 5th round pick
Marcus Burley - 6th round pick (trade)
Cary Williams - moderate FA
Neiko Thorpe - cheap FA
Shaquill Griffin - 3rd round pick
Tre Flowers - 5th round pick
Quinton Dunbar - 5th round pick (trade)
DJ Reed - waivers
Tre Brown - 4th round pick
John Reid - 7th round pick (trade)
Sidney Jones - 6th round pick (trade)
Michael Jackson - cheap FA
Blessuan Austin - cheap FA

Second, cornerback is absolutely a need for this team. It was already a weakness last season but now DJ Reed is leaving for free agency and Tre Brown is coming off season ending knee surgery.

Third, cornerback is one of the more valuable positions in today's pass happy NFL. It's weird to even type that on a Seahawks forum. If there's a good prospect available where we're picking we should take them.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with drafting a DB early. If it's someone like this guy :2thumbs:

At 6’4″ and 205 pounds, Woolen is a tall, physical cornerback whose size makes him a tantalizing prospect on the outside at the NFL level.

Reportedly, he has 33 1/4-inch arms with a 78 3/8-inch wingspan.

From that frame, he has a reported 4.34 laser-timed 40-yard dash and an 11’5″ broad jump.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tari ... port-2022/

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I can see Corner being the first pick since Seattle is not deep and isn’t that talented at corner.

QB - No
RB - No
WR - No
LT - Possible although Forsythe may be the future at LT
LG - Second round pick? Maybe. Call it 20 percent.
C - Possible. Call it 25 percent. Seattle passed on a Creed Humphrey, means they can pass on another talent.
RG - I really Damien Lewis for RG for the next 8 years or so. So possibly, they will pick another RG and move Lewis around the line. Wrong move.
RT - Highest chance to pick in the second round for all the offensive line positions IMO.

NT - Possible, Hurtt stated he wants to play 3-4 at times.
DT - Also possible. Not deep at DT at all. Woods and Mone is not that guy.
DE - Possible to add another young stud and put him opposite Taylor.

LB - No, Barton and Brooks is the future and a second round pick is not something I think they want with an early pick.
Wouldn’t be an immediate impact pick as with other positions.

FS - Diggs resigns
SS - No, Adams to stay

Second round pick with be: CB, NT, DT, DE or RT

My guess is the pick will be a 3 Tech, if not it will be CB

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is a very deep draft for CB/DBs. A few of the safeties like Brandon Joseph and Daxton Hill also have experience playing corner.

I have a feeling they will go either OL/DL with their first pick in the second round. Especially because they will be able to get a good CB later. Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor were drafted in the 5th round round in their respective drafts. The Seahawks have shown an ability to develop DBs well. Unfortunately can't say the same for OL/DL.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1f97kmab said:

With Hurtt running the defense we'll be running a 3-4 defense whitch eliminates the 3 tech altogather. So its back to the CB pick.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chawker":34zf1k3v said:
TheLegendOfBoom":34zf1k3v said:

With Hurtt running the defense we'll be running a 3-4 defense whitch eliminates the 3 tech altogather. So its back to the CB pick.

You're assuming it's a base 3-4 rather than the hybrid stuff that is more likely to be ran - like the bear front, which is almost certainly staying.

You're actually closer to playing 2 3-techs in the bear front than 0.