Bears' Den

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I am starting my own thread called “Bears’ Den” with my thoughts about each Bears game. I grew up in Illinois and have been a fanatical Bears fan since I was a little kid. Moved to Oregon/Washington and adopted the Seahawks as my other team after becoming fascinated with the play of Steve Largent.

Anyway here goes..

WEEK 1 - 49ers

The Bears in the first half were absolutely horrible. We were pinned down by field position and rain storm nearly the whole half. For the first time since 1991 the Bears went a half without completing a single pass to a WR or TE. All we had was 19 yards on 3 completions to the RBs. The one pass attempt to Mooney was an interception. The play-calling was ultra-conservative. Pound the ball on the ground into the middle of the line. Monty had 17 carries for 26 yards. I felt sick. I thought, “New offense. Same result.”

The Bears defense kept us in the game with the forced fumble by Samuel and other plays against Lance. The 49ers were in control but only scored 7 points despite have a starting field position on the own 40 yd. line for the half.

Unlike Nagy (who was a one-trick pony) the Bears coaching staff made some halftime adjustments and started finally throwing the damn ball downfield in the second half. There was a 22-yd. pass to Pringle. A long TD pass to Pettis, and and another TD pass to St. Brown down the middle. This was during a time when the rain let up and the Bears took advantage. The field was so sloppy that Santos missed two extra points, but it didn’t matter.

Once the Bears went up 19-10 and the torrential downpour returned in the 4th quarter, I was confident the Bears were going to win the game.

The Bears are in the beginning of a massive rebuilt. I had to remind myself of that when Mack had 3 sacks yesterday for the Chargers. We have 15 rookies and 6 undrafted free agents on the roster. Many of the big plays against the 49ers were by the new guys.

There still isn’t a lot of talent on this team. Poles will be adding more next year in the draft and with $100 million cap space. Nevertheless, Eberflus has made a huge transformation in the locker room “culture” of the team, which he brought from the Colts.

He teaches the H.I.T.S. principle.

Hustle

Intensity

Takeaways

Smart play

It started in training camp and has continued. It demands 100% effort on every play, and all players were graded on their HITS score after each practice.

I thought it was corny until now. You can see it in the way the players fly around on the field. Check this little 5-minute Bears highlights from the game…

Bear 1-0

Packers 0-1

Cheese heads might beat us next week, but it won’t be without a fight. Bear Down!!

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
A guy never forgets his first love. But I root for Hawks against any other team. It gets interesting in my family, because my son is a big 49ers fan.