Article on Clowney and the trade.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Saw that article earlier today. It was a good read. I knew that the Clowney trade was basically the Texans dumping him off, but had no idea that they had originally tried to pawn him off to the Dolphins. I'm glad he didn't sign that tender until the Seahawks came calling. Probably helped us get such a favorable deal too.

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":cdzh8ilg said:
Saw that article earlier today. It was a good read. I knew that the Clowney trade was basically the Texans dumping him off, but had no idea that they had originally tried to pawn him off to the Dolphins. I'm glad he didn't sign that tender until the Seahawks came calling. Probably helped us get such a favorable deal too.
Yeah, any team in the AFC East that doesn't begin with a "P" is pretty much a dumpster fire now. Bills are coming around now, I guess, but still, the Dolphins? :177692:

Obviously, Clowney wants to compete, and right now. The Seahawks offer that. Plus he had his bud Duane here, which I'm sure didn't hurt. I wonder if they'll try to close that "loophole" in the Tag process that Clowney exploited to get here. I kind of don't mind that the players might have a little leverage in the process.

Maulbert

Reaction score
sutz":63ozsl2y said:
kidhawk":63ozsl2y said:
Yeah, any team in the AFC East that doesn't begin with a "P" is pretty much a dumpster fire now. Bills are coming around now, I guess, but still, the Dolphins? :177692:

Obviously, Clowney wants to compete, and right now. The Seahawks offer that. Plus he had his bud Duane here, which I'm sure didn't hurt. I wonder if they'll try to close that "loophole" in the Tag process that Clowney exploited to get here. I kind of don't mind that the players might have a little leverage in the process.

The Bills might be the best AFC East team not from New England in about 20 years.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I love this roster our admin has put together. Great bunch that is working well together. My hope is we can get Clowney back again, fixed up during off season, for next year. Just like Brown is for our Oline, I think Clowney can be for our D. We go into the draft with some picks for next year and that always seems to produce some stunners. Things are looking pretty rosy in Seahawk land.

massari

Reaction score
Crazy luck that Clowney, Diggs and Gordon all fell into the Seahawks lap for such little compensation and salary.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
massari":1onp9ykl said:
Crazy luck that Clowney, Diggs and Gordon all fell into the Seahawks lap for such little compensation and salary.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That av is hilarious! And IMO you are so right about our additions. I think they make a great example of our GM and coach being acquisition and draft wizards.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
massari":2c9xb63z said:

And Hollister.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":bzl2524l said:
massari":bzl2524l said:

And Hollister.

Yeah I can only imagine that Darth Belichek is regretting that move now.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hollister was on our PS til a few weeks ago, so Evil Hoodie could have claimed him back if he'd felt like it.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":2jnzm805 said:
Hollister was on our PS til a few weeks ago, so Evil Hoodie could have claimed him back if he'd felt like it.

He traded him to us, they still had a TE playing,
Matt LaCosse, Ben Watson, Ryan Izzo, Watson was suppose to help offset Gronk leaving but has had issues, I don't think Hollister was a serious player in the rotation really but has shown he can play and seeing what he has done in games as a threat I would be willing to bet Brady would love to have him as an option given the current state of affairs.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Some clairvoyant .NET poster had posted the thread, "Jacob Hollister is a Mismatch" months ago.
Actually, turns out it's Ivotuk that is clairvoyant. I've tried PM'ing him about stock picks but he put me on ignore. :-(
Then I later realized it was a FieldGulls article and am waiting to hear back from that author on stock picks.
I still think Ivotuk is clairvoyant for knowing, months ahead of time, to post that.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154501

Latest posts