Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (@ Texans)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That victory last Sunday may not have saved the season but it sure as hell was a blast to watch, and the elixir we all needed to just enjoy the taste of victory again on a Sunday afternoon. They looked like their old selves and reminded us why we watch in the first place.

The W's may begin to pile up with a softer schedule (Rams and Cardinals not included) but I won't be fooled into thinking the team is back and problems fixed. There will still be much work ahead this offseason. But enjoy the wins whenever they do come!

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Texans 16

Aros' Fearless Record: 7-5

LTH

Reaction score
The God Father (Aros) is steady and consistent in his assessment and most likely right.

BUT.... the fact is there IS NO QUIT in this team! As we have all seen in the past, many, many times... If Russ gets HOT, and it looks like he is warming up, there isn't a team in the league that can stop this O when it's clicking on all cylinders.

We know that the D is getting better every week
Special Teams is on fire
Russ is warming up

That being said, the Rams game is the critical game, if they can find a way to beat the Rams and get some help from the league, they have a good shot being that the Cards probably will have the division wrapped up and might rest players. I NEVER, and I mean NEVER, count this team out until they are mathematically eliminated. Nope won't do it!

Hawks 38-7

Edit: If for some reason the Hawks find a way to beat the Rams and the Hawks go on a 4-game win streak the Cards would be smart to NOT rest players because the Seahawks are not the team anyone will want to face in the playoffs when they are HOT.

LTH

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I think we may have 3 more wins this year from whatever source. The real question is what happens next year. Changes need to be made. I have no confidence that anything will change unless there's a massive shakeup. The Waldron experiment has failed miserably. Norton needs to go. Pete needs to go fishing or find something else to do with retirement.

RiverDog

Reaction score
One more week on life support before they pull the plug.

Hawks 24, Texans 20.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The 'Fools Gold' game. Seattle rolls and half the fans will think they are right back in the chase.

Seattle 34
Texans 13

xray

Reaction score
I think the Hawks will win by he skin of their teeth . Nothing to brag about .

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3asvsbm7 said:
Hawks 27-16, and we get to hear "it's just the Texans"
Relax, it's a joke :irishdrinkers:

You might as well get used to it as we also have the Lions on our remaining schedule.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My usual positive self got reminded being negative isn’t a happy way to look at things. The O showed signs of real life against SF and the D wake and played a solid game against a good team.

Now it is for sure time for the team to beat teams they ought to beat and now must beat to keep the small embers of postseason hope alive. Houston is a troubled team but can be dangerous and at times surprise.

The Hawks will take care of business. Wilson will look to be much better. The D will crush out any QB Houston fields and will look like a real D instead of a confused version of what we have come to expect.

Seahawks 34 -Texans 14 with them getting a late TD.

Our Nellies will still find fault while calling for Pete to be canned.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
True that Soulfish, all that counts is the W or the L, the style points are truly irrelevant.

Chawker

Reaction score
The Texans will play up to the level of the Seahawks on Sunday, without Adams you'll see the different in are defense. It will be a squeaker.

Seahawks 13

Texans 14

Edit: I lower my score due to weather. :beach:

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Pete switches back to his "Well, I let you kids have candy for dinner last week" mentality, and cruises into retirement with the same soul crushing war of attrition which is his trademark, and thusly:

SEA 12
TEX 27

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":getx0fud said:
It's 2021, ugly will be just fine :irishdrinkers:

A W is a W ugly or not, there has been a long history of so called ‘ugly Ws’ with Pete. You know you win in the 4th Q, etc, etc...

I have never been into categorizing Ws as pretty or ugly. There are lots of reasons why games are kept close, or they turn into total dominations. All that is truly important is the final score showing your team with more points than the opponent. Frankly the placingsin the standings don’t factor in ‘style points’, so why should we care?

Every once in a while though it’s very cool to watch your team dis mantle an opponent, like they did against Denver in
XLVIII..

I don’t buy that the team won’t show up on Sunday.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seahawks 27, Texans 13

Seahawks "win" TOP for 2nd straight game.
Houston rookie QB Davis Mills plays well, only 1 pick, but Texans can't finish drives, settle for FGs.
Hawks offense puts together a couple long drives for TD and FGs, and gets a couple quick-strike TDs.
Eskridge has a couple key plays.

xray

Reaction score
RiverDog":6id6umma said:
SoulfishHawk":6id6umma said:
Hawks 27-16, and we get to hear "it's just the Texans"
Relax, it's a joke :irishdrinkers:

You might as well get used to it as we also have the Lions on our remaining schedule.

^
What if the Lions game is the dagger in the heart ? The Lions just found out they can win . Don't sleep on that game Hawks . :D