Anyone into Better Call Saul?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If they wanted to make a whole episode about Saul/Gene distracting a security guy with free Cinnabon and local football talk, they should have brought in Richie Incognito to play him. As himself.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It all came down to this in the pentulamate episode. That’s Carol Burnett btw.

Epidode takes place in Nov 2010. Can confirm that late 2008 hp laptop was on sale at the time, and that the life alert, while not cellular, remained attached to a rj11 wire elsewhere.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Haven't been impressed by the last 3 episodes. I dodnt realize it would jump to the current time line. Will see how it ends.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Haven't been impressed by the last 3 episodes. I dodnt realize it would jump to the current time line. Will see how it ends.

Wait, you don't want to see what happened to Saul after BB?

I think it's been fantastic. Rhea Seehorn deserves an Emmy just for last week's episode. Amazing.

I mean, we already know what happens to Saul in the BB timeline. The more engrossing and interesting part for me is seeing how he ended up. I assume not well, but it's been a hell of a ride finding out.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wait, you don't want to see what happened to Saul after BB?

I think it's been fantastic. Rhea Seehorn deserves an Emmy just for last week's episode. Amazing.

I mean, we already know what happens to Saul in the BB timeline. The more engrossing and interesting part for me is seeing how he ended up. I assume not well, but it's been a hell of a ride finding out.

My own theory is that Jimmy/Saul is sentenced to at least 15 years in the feds. He becomes a legal beagle scoring honey buns, def foreshadowed, and Ramen soups, foreseen in S1 of breaking bad, cancer man.

Or he has a massive coronary, just as not seen on e9. He ends up in a Medicaid nursing home with one or two demented roommates. Casa Tranquila and Sandpiper are actually top of the line iptions.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My own theory is that Jimmy/Saul is sentenced to at least 15 years in the feds. He becomes a legal beagle scoring honey buns, def foreshadowed, and Ramen soups, foreseen in S1 of breaking bad, cancer man.

Or he has a massive coronary, just as not seen on e9. He ends up in a Medicaid nursing home with one or two demented roommates. Casa Tranquila and Sandpiper are actually top of the line iptions.

Lol

I mean, that'd be the most amazing ironic ending wouldn't it? Saul ends up an invalid and put in a Sandpiper home.

A little too on the nose me thinks for Vince Gilligan.

If how it ended for Walter White is any foreshadowing for Saul, it won't be good.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Lol

I mean, that'd be the most amazing ironic ending wouldn't it? Saul ends up an invalid and put in a Sandpiper home.

A little too on the nose me thinks for Vince Gilligan.

If how it ended for Walter White is any foreshadowing for Saul, it won't be good.

Vince put his own mother in the role of Becky in Breaking Bad, End Times. Yup. He had his own mom creep over to Walters house while Walter was watching her.

I don’t see quite a Felina type ending for this one. Saul has Always relied on middlemen, whereas Waltuh was literally killing people from the pilot on Bb. I don’t believe that Vince would Jeffy the vacuum guy either. If the phone number even works, it’ll be to some clueless family member who’ll have no idea what a Hoover Pro Max Dust Filter model 60 even is.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Thoughts on the finale?
I thought it was a Bit rushed and sappy. Exchanging 7 years for 86 just to impress ur ex is not something even most non criminals do for no reason. Even Vince and Peter said the sentence would not stop Cheryl from suing Kim.

Last edited:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The climax was when Howard was shot. The rest is just an epilogue, though a slightly intense one at that.

Loved this show. I have no issues with the ending or any other part of it. Very well written and executed. One of the best tv shows of all time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This was the killer clip from the whole thing. Wrapped up breaking Bad too in a really brilliant Way.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I thought it was a Bit rushed and sappy. Exchanging 7 years for 86 just to impress ur ex is not something even most non criminals do for no reason. Even Vince and Peter said the sentence would not stop Cheryl from suing Kim.

Redemption. That's what makes a great character.

Unlike the terrible unsatisfying ending of Ozark where one dimensional characters never stopped acting like one dimensional characters, Gilligan made sure Jimmy found the one thing that mattered more to him than money, Kim.....and showed just enough nuanced contrition and redemption to make watching his story worthwhile and satisfying.

The ending IMO was perfect, tragic yet beautiful.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
On rewatching the entire bcs/bb universe, I’d say the fulcrum is bb Granite State.
The advice Saul gave Walter was what Saul ultimately chose for himself.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I watched the first four, I think, seasons; and found it rather boring. For the seasons I watched, he STILL hadn't become the loveable scumbag lawyer that we all knew and loved from Breaking Bad. Does he EVER get to that point?! They should have spent the first season building his character prior to him becoming who he was on Breaking Bad, not at a minimum the first several seasons...

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
BCS answered this question in the latter half of S6.

Losing Kim meant that Saul lost himself in the playboy lifestyle he wouldnt change until Kim confessed first on Howard Hamlin. That made the Saul character basically disappear.

Latest posts