A Nest of Lockdown Corners In The Making?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The best thing I've heard out of camp this year so far is the play of the corners. We could legit be in for the best corner situation since the LOB. From what I am hearing these are very, very talented young DBs wreaking havoc even on the #1s. At the very least, the depth will be excellent.

Here's a little teaser...Jones denying Lockett...

Ruminator

Reaction score
That's definitely something we've been missing for the last few years. Hope to see lots of it during the season!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
These QBs will make any DBs look great.

But in all seriousness yes these DBs are young, hungry and talented. Can't wait to see them in action! Go Hawks!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Our DB's definitely have talent, but I think the bigger story is the QB play as a whole. It'll be hard to gauge exactly how good they are until the regular season. From what I've heard both Lock and Geno have not looked good. The real litmus test will come in real games against accomplished QB's.

That being said, Tre Brown at the very least looked very good last season. I suspect that the team will come out of the door stuttering as we're implementing a new defensive system and our young DB's are getting their legs underneath them. There will most likely be some growing pains.

I think this season is going to play out a lot like 2011. Growing pains mixed with the emergence of young talent. Taylor and Brown in particular interest me.

keasley45

Reaction score
The best thing I've heard out of camp this year so far is the play of the corners. We could legit be in for the best corner situation since the LOB. From what I am hearing these are very, very talented young DBs wreaking havoc even on the #1s. At the very least, the depth will be excellent.

Here's a little teaser...Jones denying Lockett...

Yup. I've been watching news from these guys closely. Burns looks to be playing above expectation, Bryant is just unreal, and Woolen has that Sherm look to him.

Plus Coleman, Blair, Tre Brown... Jones. It may very well become the strength of the team. And if that happens... all bets are off.

And you better believe they're hearing all the chatter about how the team sucks because we lost Bobby and Russ. Talent is up, intensity is up... arrow is pointing way up, for a defense that already wasn't bad in terms of points allowed. Don't see how this squad can be worse.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve heard good things about Bryant and Sydney Jones in camp thus far. Woolen gonna be fantastic

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
In an era where the QB is everything, then guys that shut the opposing QB down are everything else.

Corners are highly sought after and difficult to project success with.

Which means we can strike gold here and there when someone misses an unpolished keeper.

It would be great news to hear we have the makings of shutdown corners on all sides.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Also hearing a lot of Artie Burns believe it or not

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
With Seattle's young Corners sticking to receivers like white on rice, Darrell Taylor, Uchenna Nwosu, Boye Mafe, and Alton Robinson should put up some nice numbers.

I'm really looking forward to that.

keasley45

Reaction score
With Seattle's young Corners sticking to receivers like white on rice, Darrell Taylor, Uchenna Nwosu, Boye Mafe, and Alton Robinson should put up some nice numbers.

Word is Taylor looks more explosive this year than last, and last year, he was a beast.

toffee

Reaction score

those four with help from Poona and Shelby Harris, and quite sure Al Woods like to join the party too. Jamal may be wearing a mitten, but he could still chase the QB.

keasley45

Reaction score
So I LOVE our corner back class and our corners as a whole. The pass break ups so far show that they're good enough in their coverage ability to be in the hip pocket of the intended receiver, but the pass break ups themselves are a function of the quality of the ball thrown... which I'm not certain in all of those cases is great in terms of location.

But like I said. They're sticky for sure. Neither Woolen nor Bryant look to be getting beat often.

Gotta say, I've seen DK trying what looks to be a new release, crossover type move similar to what ADB used to do , and he looks hella-stiff. Not sure how well it's gonna work when the real bullets start to fly.