6’ 4” 228 LBS 25 YRS Drew Lock

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
It could be possible that Seattle really likes this guy.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... ade-rumors

At 6’ 4” and 230, he has the physical tools to quickly pass from the pocket, something that Wilson, doesn’t like to do.

Many have said the Broncos offense line isn’t that much better than the Seahawks last year.

I believe the Broncos has 6 less sacks than the Seahawks.

It could be entirely possible Lock played in a system that did not play to his strengths as much as Wilson will argue the Seahawks don’t play to Wilson’s desires.

Watching film for a decade on Wilson, Wilson has his deficiencies as well.

Lock, at least has potential to be something that Seattle can work with.

I believe Lock’s ceiling as a “pure pocket passer” is greater than Wilson’s.

Not to ruffle feathers but by “Pure Pocket Passer” I mean, Lock isn’t opposed to throwing short quick timing passes over the middle and playing to how the defense is setup.

Of course this is pure speculation and being a Seahawks fan just hoping Seattle can operate well with Lock but I think it will allow us all to see if Carroll and his offensive coordinators can play a “dink and dunk” scheme to switch things up.

How many times have we watched defenses play 2 deep zones on Seattle to take away Metcalf on deep routes.

I’m still a firm believer that DK can progressively refine his short area routes and became a complete imposing and dominating receiver if Seattle has a QB that can also make timing short quick passes.

I know many here are up and arms and upset Wilson is no longer in Seattle but I’m excited because I don’t want to keep doing the same things over and over and hoping for success.

Change is needed to grow sometimes.

But to each their own.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1gw35j4y said:
Hes good enough for 1 year to get us 4 or less wins hopefully.

Hoping for 4 or less wins?

That's the spirit.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":qoiumc3r said:
Cyrus12":qoiumc3r said:
Hes good enough for 1 year to get us 4 or less wins hopefully.

Hoping for 4 or less wins?

That's the spirit.

Sounds like he's hoping for the first pick or close in the draft in 2023...

I get that.. Hate losing but I get it.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If we had Holmgren, he might be a decent QB in 2 years. But we don’t

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He's just another body. He's much worse than his stats indicate. If we roll with him he's going to be our tank commander.

hoxrox

Reaction score
If Lock has more upside than Geno, then at least it's an upgrade at this point.

As for tanking for a high 2023 pick, who's the QB in that draft people are so high on?

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m not even sure. Realistically, both us and the Broncos would need to be terrible this year to hinge hope on grabbing Young or Shroud.

Maybe we’re looking at 2 years?

Rat

Reaction score
The Broncos havn't been able to develop anyone in forever. Their biggest success story in the 22 years since Elway is Trevor Siemian.

xray

Reaction score
Elway was the last time Denver had any luck with a young QB . Lock could be better then what Denver did with him . The Hawks got him in a very expensive trade . Don't throw him in the trash yet . The Hawks own him , coach him up , We might be surprised .This whole season will be a fans fun ride ; like the old days , so enjoy it . It's time to get excited again on game day . :snack:

Elemas

Reaction score
I don’t think they’re throwing him away at all.

In fact, I’m leaning towards him being our starter. He wasn’t added to the trade to be a backup.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I live in the Denver metro.

I guess it's always possible that Lock will become magically good and consistent. Just like Geno Smith was thought to be by some people last season (he just wasn't in the right environment/didn't get the right opportunity!).

What's likely here is if that dude is the starter this fan base is going to get to go through the same up and down stuff that Drew Lock or any random dude playing QB who isn't good will get you.

This team gave up a real QB. Dude's going to the HOF. Good, consistent QBs are rare. Dudes like Wilson are like winning the lottery. We're now in the wilderness with the bulk of NFL teams without a decent QB. We're probably just screwed as fans for a very, very long time.

Jville

Reaction score
hoxrox":1rgvnye0 said:

As for tanking for a high 2023 pick, who's the QB in that draft people are so high on?

That's a good question.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Jville":3d3chpag said:
hoxrox":3d3chpag said:

That's a good question.

Stroud and Young

WarHawks

Reaction score
I just took a look at CJ Stroud's highlights. Holy crap batman. That dude can play. Serious arm talent. Love his ability to throw in tight windows and throw guys open. I also noticed balls arriving at a higher, difficult to defend angle due to his height. Time to suck for a year to get a guy like Stroud? Not the worst idea in the world. :snack:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
WarHawks":3g3rrnjn said:
I just took a look at CJ Stroud's highlights. Holy crap batman. That dude can play. Serious arm talent. Love his ability to throw in tight windows and throw guys open. I also noticed balls arriving at a higher, difficult to defend angle due to his height. Time to suck for a year to get a guy like Stroud? Not the worst idea in the world. :snack:
This^

toffee

Reaction score
xray":28t82ttw said:
Elway was the last time Denver had any luck with a young QB . Lock could be better then what Denver did with him . The Hawks got him in a very expensive trade . Don't throw him in the trash yet . The Hawks own him , coach him up , We might be surprised .This whole season will be a fans fun ride ; like the old days , so enjoy it . It's time to get excited again on game day . :snack:
Well said!!!!!

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
He’s a good system away from a poor man’s Josh Allen. I guarantee he will move the chains