Prisco on the NFC West

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Prisco on the NFC West
Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:55 am
  • Video was supposed to be on the draft, but it drifts into discussion of Wilson and Kap. Prisco goes on to kiss Luck's ass, who is obviously the superior QB who only ran because his line stunk and he had too while other teams will figure Wilson out as he runs because he is unable to play any other way (or at least he hasn't proven he can play any other way.)

http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/p ... e-nfc-west
    Bitter
    NET Veteran

Re: Prisco on the NFC West
Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:05 am
  • Listening to Prisco makes me nauseous.

He's an arrogant SOB.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:13 am
  • the flaw in Prisco's theory is that RW improved as the season progressed, so whatever he was doing teams weren't successfully adjusting to it. I don't get why the Colts didn't use a high pick to get a RB and make things easier for Luck. Prisco is a pretty detestable sounding person just browsing his twitter timeline.
    TheWebHead
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:17 am
  • That, and the Hawks ran read option on ~5% of their offensive plays... iirc.

Prisco makes it seem like they ran it 80% of the time.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:42 am
  • Prisco is retarded and I never use that word - unless it is warranted.
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:50 am
  • Pete Prisco is far and away the biggest idiot sportswriter out there. I'm a little nervous that he liked our first two draft picks: if Prisco says something, you can usually bet he's dead wrong.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:50 am
  • Pete Pissquick isnt qualified to write for a highschool paper. Just goes to show any idiot can be a sportswriter/blogger.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:55 am
  • I vote we ban Prisco threads on here forever.

For real.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:54 am
  • You have to love how he claims to be the winner at the end. His counterpart said it best when he said nothing at all. A simple, your 13 years old, aren't you? Look said it all.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 pm
  • He talks about Russell Wilson not being able to be a real quarterback without the threat of a running game. Does he not remember the Atlanta game? Where Russell Wilson did nothing but play REAL quarterback and put the team on his back, with no help from the run game? The only productive runner we had in that game was Russell Wilson. He didn't have to rely on anyone else in that game!

Idiot...
    How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they will all show and talk about how good the old one was...
    hawker232
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 pm
  • OneLofaTatupu wrote:Prisco is retarded and I never use that word - unless it is warranted.

That term is never warranted in this context.
    chihawk
    NET Starter

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 pm
  • Listening to Prisco talk makes me want to punch babies. This guy is horrible and his evidence to back up his claims is so weak.
    otter
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:56 pm
  • He talks about Russell Wilson not being able to be a real quarterback without the threat of a running game.

This is great really, name me a QB that has any lengthy career without a running game, why did the Broncos draft a RB to help Peyton, Eli was at his best with a running game, Brady at his best with Dillon, Peyton with Edgerin, Aikman with Smith, Montana with the stable of all pros that came in behind him., I guess Kaepernick isn't real either since the 49ers have a running game.

Maybe he should look at QB's that can't succeed with a running game as players that have issues.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:12 pm
  • Prisco needs a face tatoo saying "asshole" and/or "prick".
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:17 pm
  • It’s easy to tell the difference between the average football fan and the guy who grinds tape. The average fan behaves as if he’s a football genius. The average tape grinder knows he’s a football idiot. He also can explain why in great detail...

In essence, we stand by our decisions to placate our egos because it’s often more important for us to be perceived as experts than behave like them. The sad, but comical thing about this is that we all do it if we make a decision before we fully weigh the evidence. I have no problem admitting I do it. The only real cure for this problem is having insight – and that’s a topic for another time…

Hopefully this will help you shed your football-genius innocence and become a student of the game.

That's Matt Waldman from an old article. You could apply this statement to many people, but nobody is the epitome of the "football-genius" more than Pete Prisco.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:31 pm
  • I love how everyone around here forgets that Prisco had a huge argument for an hour-and-a-half on Twitter with a bunch of people where he defended Richard Sherman being at/near Revis's level. Also, that he was almost the only guy that sided with us on Fail Mary at the time.

You guys need to stop pouting over hearing things you don't like, IMO.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:36 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I love how everyone around here forgets that Prisco had a huge argument for an hour-and-a-half on Twitter with a bunch of people where he defended Richard Sherman being at/near Revis's level. Also, that he was almost the only guy that sided with us on Fail Mary at the time.

What does that have to do with his assessment of Russell Wilson?

:roll:
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:45 pm
  • Prisco's okay, mistaken, but okay. He forgot that Russell Wilson set the rookie passing yardage record in a playoff game with 385 yards. Not Luck, not Griffin, not even Manning, but Wilson.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:09 pm
  • Yea I saw the video this morning. Just made me dislike the man even more than his writing.

Almost everything he said was just shit. He went on and on that the Hawks (and RW) were ONLY a read option team and once the rest of the league figured it out they were toast.

The guy is just so not with what is really happening in the NFL other than his pre conceived notions. He really is a dip shit and that video solidified it for me.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:19 pm
  • Prisco didn't say Wilson can't hack it. He's saying that he hasn't thoroughly demonstrated it yet. While I don't agree with his man-love for Luck being well above Wilson/Kaep, I can see why he might think that. Our offense didn't become explosive until we started implementing the read option.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with last year's class of QBs after another full year in the NFL. (I'm including Kaep in that, even though it's a 2011 draftee, not 2012.)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:38 pm
  • This guy makes Skip Bayless sound like Al Michaels. I can't stand idiots with attitudes like they know everything, granted those two things go hand-in-hand.
    RussellMania
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:25 pm
  • Wilson can't QB without a running game? He might be confusing Wilson with John Elway.

I'm fine with that.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:53 pm
  • ......Prisco..........:34853_doh:
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:23 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    He talks about Russell Wilson not being able to be a real quarterback without the threat of a running game.

This is great really, name me a QB that has any lengthy career without a running game, why did the Broncos draft a RB to help Peyton, Eli was at his best with a running game, Brady at his best with Dillon, Peyton with Edgerin, Aikman with Smith, Montana with the stable of all pros that came in behind him., I guess Kaepernick isn't real either since the 49ers have a running game.

Maybe he should look at QB's that can't succeed with a running game as players that have issues.

Brady is the exception there I would say.
    The Patriots were at their best with Dillon, but Brady has had a better QB rating in every season and thrown 30+ TDs in all but one season since Dillon retired (ignoring his injury year, obviously)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:08 am
  • Pete Prisco is a poor man's Skip Bayless. Habitual devil's advocate. Everything he says prioritizes controversy over fact, PERIOD. I would second a ban to all bayless/prisco threads in the future, waste of everyones time, honestly.
    GoHawks1212
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:21 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I love how everyone around here forgets that Prisco had a huge argument for an hour-and-a-half on Twitter with a bunch of people where he defended Richard Sherman being at/near Revis's level. Also, that he was almost the only guy that sided with us on Fail Mary at the time.

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:49 am
  • XxxZagnutxxX wrote:Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

So him being a confirmed Tebow-hater before Tebow even left the Broncos is just coincidence, too?

People just love to hate a common hate-on against somebody. Prisco's outspoken with everything he says and does, and when he says something a group of people (say, fans of the Seahawks) don't like, they go overboard with it.

:roll: I'm not a huge fan of his or anything, but I respect the fact that he says what's on his mind, bluntly, to anyone. It's different from most other NFL pundits.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information