Russell Wilson -- One Step Away from Making NFL History ...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I don't know how many of you have really looked in depth at Wilson's stats ... but he is starting to amass some pretty impressive numbers actually. Consider this ...

    For starters, Wilson has already basically surpassed in production what Tavaris Jackson did last season. Jackson had 14 TD's to go along with 13 INT's, 3,091 yards, a 60.2 Comp% ... and a QB Rating of 79.2. That's not what's impressive, actually.

    What IS impressive is when you stop to consider that Wilson (in Game #10) already has 15 TD's. (Which leads all of the rookie QB's this season) Now for those who haven't done the math regarding the pace he is on, let me connect the dots for you ...

    Over the past 5 Games (Since the Patriots Game), Russell Wilson has 10 TD passes and only 2 INT's. That frankly is a remarkable pace. So, he is averaging 2 TD passes ... to only .4 INT a game.

    If he keeps up that pace, Wilson will finish the season with 27 TD passes ... and 10 INT.

    Now I can hear some of you out there saying, OKAY ... that's a good season, but what's so remarkable about that?

    Well ... 27 TD's IS a rather impressive ... when you stop to consider that Peyton Manning set the record for a Rookie QB back in 1998 -- with 26 TD's. When Manning broke that record ... it was a record that had stood for 50 years. So if he keeps up this pace, Wilson has a chance to tie or break Manning's rookie record.

    And just a little aside here -- the year that we went to the Super Bowl ... Matt Hasselbeck had 24 TD's to only 9 INT. If Wilson averages a mere 200 yards passing/game (and given the opponents we have coming up I believe that's quite do-able) ... Wilson will finish with just over 3,000 yards passing. Hasselbeck had 3,459 back in 2005. Just throwing that out there ...
    Last edited by Hawkscanner on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 955
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am


  • OK Then. This year Mannings Records, next year Elways, then all of Brady's!!!!

    He is doin great for a rook.
    Image
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2532
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


  • Good stuff. That would amazing if he broke Mannings record. Hopefully we see a few 3 TD's performances over the next 6 weeks, Otherwise he'll have to have 2 TD's for each game to break it. I love the consistency he's shown.

    The offense has apparently made a breakthrough the last 3 weeks. I'm excited to see how they do these next 2 road games. Hopefully we can make those couple of plays we've been missing early in the season and get these wins on the road.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2364
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


  • Good points Hawkscanner. Especially the one about 2005 Hasselbeck.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10313
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • I just got through doing some quick research on Russell Wilson. Check out how his season is stacking up thus far among some of the All Time Best seasons by a Rookie QB. Here are just a few names that I came up with and how Wilson compares (sorted by number of TD's) ...


    Best Seasons by a Rookie QB All Time …

    Peyton Manning (1998) – 325/575 (56.7 Comp%) … 3,739 Yards … 26 TD’s … 28 INT’s.

    Cam Newton (2011) – 310/517 (60.0 Comp%) … 4,051 Yards … 21 TD’s … 17 INT’s.

    Dan Marino (1983) – 173/296 (58.4 Comp%) … 2,210 Yards … 20 TD’s … 6 INT’s.

    Andy Dalton (2011) – 300/516 (58.1 Comp%) … 3,398 Yards … 20 TD’s … 13 INT’s.

    Sam Bradford (2010) – 354/590 (60.0 Comp%) … 3,512 Yards … 18 TD’s … 15 INT’s.

    Tom Brady (2001)* -- 264/413 (63.9 Comp%) ... 2,843 Yards ... 18 TD's ... 12 INT's.

    Ben Roethlisberger (2004) – 196/295 (66.4 Comp%) … 2,621 Yards … 17 TD’s … 11 INT’s.

    Matt Ryan (2008) – 265/434 (61.1 Comp%) … 3,440 Yards … 16 TD’s … 11 INT’s.

    Joe Montana (1980)* -- 176/273 (64.5 Comp%) … 1,795 Yards … 15 TD’s … 9 INT’s.

    Russell Wilson (2012) – 157/253 (62.1 Comp%) … 1,827 Yards … 15 TD’s … 8 INT’s.

    Joe Flacco (2008) – 257/428 (60.0 Comp%) … 2,971 Yards … 14 TD’s … 12 INT’s.

    Rick Mirer (1993) – 274/486 (56.4 Comp%) … 2,833 Yards … 12 TD’s … 17 INT’s.

    Charlie Batch (1998) – 173/303 (57.1 Comp%) … 2,178 Yards … 11 TD’s … 6 INT’s.

    Andrew Luck (2012) -- 208/362 (57.5 Comp%) ... 2,631 Yards ... 10 TD's ... 9 INT's.

    Troy Aikman (1989) -- 155/293 (52.9 Comp%) ... 1,749 Yards ... 9 TD's ... 18 INT's

    Robert Griffin III (2012) -- 172/262 (65.6 Comp%) ... 1,993 Yards ... 8 TD's ... 3 INT's.

    John Elway (1983) – 123/259 (47.5 Comp%) … 1,663 Yards … 7 TD’s … 14 INT’s

    *Montana started 1 game in 1979, so while he wasn’t technically a rookie, 1980 was his first season as a starter. Same thing goes for Tom Brady, as he started 1 game in 2000.

    ... And we've still got 6 games to go people.
    Last edited by Hawkscanner on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 955
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am


  • that's awsome... what a draft pick... listening to mike and mike on the way into work, they were talking about special QB's as apposed to game managers... they listed Big Ben, Brady, Manning as special players who could still win games win things aren't clicking on offense.. game managers like , Dilfer, or cutler, or falco has to have the offense clicking to be successful.. anyways they went on to say the Luck and RG3 could become special QB's, they have the DNA, said nothing not even a whisper about RW... what a shocker i know... could be the best non special rookie in NFL history.. how bout that. i like mike and mike too , that was really disappointing. especially after we just whipped the sh*t out of his jets..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3879
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • It's crazy how similar his numbers are to Montana's at this point. I think we have something or rather someone special here, fellas.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6861
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • but but but, Tarvaris never got a chance! he coulda been the next Montana!!
    Image
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    User avatar
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1521
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm


  • Chukarhawk wrote:but but but, Tarvaris never got a chance! he coulda been the next Montana!!

    yeah, right,...TJ's rookie year in 2006,....played in 4 games,...started 2,...58% completions,...475 yards, 2 TD, 4 Int,...
    User avatar
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2072
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 2:05 pm
    Location: Kenmore WA


  • Thanks for sharing
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2364
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


  • I think RW stats are a little decieving because so much damage is done on trick plays and play action passes.

    this is not necesserily a bad thing, its just different from "leading the team into victory", like Andrew Luck does.

    what I think is truly remarkable about RW though, is his arm strength, accuracy, mobility and lack of typical rookie interception galore.

    just based on that alone, he is definitely in the hunt for rookie of the year.
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    User avatar
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 749
    Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
    Location: Bellevue


  • Hawkscanner wrote:.....
    And just a little aside here -- the year that we went to the Super Bowl ... Matt Hasselbeck had 24 TD's to only 9 INT. If Wilson averages a mere 200 yards passing/game (and given the opponents we have coming up I believe that's quite do-able) ... Wilson will finish with just over 3,000 yards passing. Hasselbeck had 3,459 back in 2005. Just throwing that out there ...


    Not meaning to take any accomplishments away from Wilson, who I think is doing a great job, but comparing him to Hasselbeck TD #s in 2005 is kind of skewed.

    For instance, Alexander had 27 TDs in 2005. Lynch only has 5 this season. In a lot of drives, Hasselbeck was able to get the team close to the goal line and SA punched it in. Had the 2005 Seahawks relied on MH to score instead, if would stand to reason that MH's TD numbers would have been much higher (in theory).

    Comparing stats is fun and can paint a picture, however, stats rarely tell the complete story.
    User avatar
    Nunya
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 22
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:20 am


  • Scaner, that list is very telling. I would like you to add RG3 and Luck just for compairisons. Nice work brother.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    User avatar
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 705
    Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm


  • In his first 2 years, 2004 and 2005 Ben Rapistberger averages about 190 yards per game. That was enough to win several playoff games.

    The formula? A great defense plus a running game wins Championships. Of course it helps if you are losing to the Bengals and your D lineman takes out the QBs knee then the refs get you home.

    But Pete's plan is working very well and it's all coming together. I expect us to make the playoffs and go deep in them. The only team that worries me right now are the Texans. Everyone else is beatable due to poor talent level or injuries.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 7880
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm


  • Bipolar wrote:I think RW stats are a little decieving because so much damage is done on trick plays and play action passes.

    this is not necesserily a bad thing, its just different from "leading the team into victory", like Andrew Luck does.

    what I think is truly remarkable about RW though, is his arm strength, accuracy, mobility and lack of typical rookie interception galore.

    just based on that alone, he is definitely in the hunt for rookie of the year.


    Plays are plays and must be executed. As long as it is a legal play it counts just like any other play. There is no difference. Executing the play that is called IS leading your team. Game managers execute only to the extent that they get the ball to the play makers. RW clearly goes beyond that. Nothing deceiving about that.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    User avatar
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3361
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:32 am
    Location: The Open Road


  • Russell is the man!
    Image
    User avatar
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1877
    Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
    Location: Bay Area, CA


  • Sprfunk wrote:Scaner, that list is very telling. I would like you to add RG3 and Luck just for compairisons. Nice work brother.


    Done and updated.

    v1rotv2 wrote:
    Bipolar wrote:I think RW stats are a little decieving because so much damage is done on trick plays and play action passes.

    this is not necesserily a bad thing, its just different from "leading the team into victory", like Andrew Luck does.

    what I think is truly remarkable about RW though, is his arm strength, accuracy, mobility and lack of typical rookie interception galore.

    just based on that alone, he is definitely in the hunt for rookie of the year.


    Plays are plays and must be executed. As long as it is a legal play it counts just like any other play. There is no difference. Executing the play that is called IS leading your team. Game managers execute only to the extent that they get the ball to the play makers. RW clearly goes beyond that. Nothing deceiving about that.


    I was listening to a little bit of Mike and Mike coming in this morning. They replayed some of Trent Dilfer's comments about what he felt an elite QB was -- in essence, one who can go beyond the X's and O's and when things don't go right ... can still put up numbers and beat you. From what I've seen, Russell Wilson absolutely has that.

    Nunya wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:.....
    And just a little aside here -- the year that we went to the Super Bowl ... Matt Hasselbeck had 24 TD's to only 9 INT. If Wilson averages a mere 200 yards passing/game (and given the opponents we have coming up I believe that's quite do-able) ... Wilson will finish with just over 3,000 yards passing. Hasselbeck had 3,459 back in 2005. Just throwing that out there ...


    Not meaning to take any accomplishments away from Wilson, who I think is doing a great job, but comparing him to Hasselbeck TD #s in 2005 is kind of skewed.

    For instance, Alexander had 27 TDs in 2005. Lynch only has 5 this season. In a lot of drives, Hasselbeck was able to get the team close to the goal line and SA punched it in. Had the 2005 Seahawks relied on MH to score instead, if would stand to reason that MH's TD numbers would have been much higher (in theory).

    Comparing stats is fun and can paint a picture, however, stats rarely tell the complete story.


    MEH. Okay. I'll agree with that to a point. But at the same time, we could also argue that that 2005 Seahawks defense was nowhere NEAR the caliber of this group. Point being, that this group has shown that it CAN score points and is getting much better week by week. They are most definitely a playoff caliber team and (who knows) perhaps more than that. As I'd predicted, Wilson struggled with the Jets 4-6 Defense ... but by the end, he seemed to be figuring them out. By the end of this year, I'm projecting that this Hawks Offense's numbers will be at least middle of the pack -- which, given where they started from, means that they will be fairly formidable.
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 955
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am


  • Hawkscanner wrote:I don't know how many of you have really looked in depth at Wilson's stats ... but he is starting to amass some pretty impressive numbers actually. Consider this ...

    For starters, Wilson has already basically surpassed in production what Tavaris Jackson did last season. Jackson had 14 TD's to go along with 13 INT's, 3,091 yards, a 60.2 Comp% ... and a QB Rating of 79.2. That's not what's impressive, actually.

    What IS impressive is when you stop to consider that Wilson (in Game #10) already has 15 TD's. (Which leads all of the rookie QB's this season) Now for those who haven't done the math regarding the pace he is on, let me connect the dots for you ...

    Over the past 5 Games (Since the Patriots Game), Russell Wilson has 10 TD passes and only 2 INT's. That frankly is a remarkable pace. So, he is averaging 2 TD passes ... to only .4 INT a game.

    If he keeps up that pace, Wilson will finish the season with 27 TD passes ... and 10 INT.

    Now I can hear some of you out there saying, OKAY ... that's a good season, but what's so remarkable about that?

    Well ... 27 TD's IS a rather impressive ... when you stop to consider that Peyton Manning set the record for a Rookie QB back in 1998 -- with 26 TD's. When Manning broke that record ... it was a record that had stood for 50 years. So if he keeps up this pace, Wilson has a chance to tie or break Manning's rookie record.

    And just a little aside here -- the year that we went to the Super Bowl ... Matt Hasselbeck had 24 TD's to only 9 INT. If Wilson averages a mere 200 yards passing/game (and given the opponents we have coming up I believe that's quite do-able) ... Wilson will finish with just over 3,000 yards passing. Hasselbeck had 3,459 back in 2005. Just throwing that out there ...

    This thread is mistitled. Wilson is on PACE to throw 24.6 TD's. He's not on pace to break the record. He's close enough that he COULD break it and I'm rooting for him to do so, but saying he's on PACE to break it isn't true. If he had 17 touchdowns he'd be on pace to tie it. If he had 18 touchdowns, he'd be on pace to break it.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4489
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • Nunya wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:.....
    And just a little aside here -- the year that we went to the Super Bowl ... Matt Hasselbeck had 24 TD's to only 9 INT. If Wilson averages a mere 200 yards passing/game (and given the opponents we have coming up I believe that's quite do-able) ... Wilson will finish with just over 3,000 yards passing. Hasselbeck had 3,459 back in 2005. Just throwing that out there ...


    Not meaning to take any accomplishments away from Wilson, who I think is doing a great job, but comparing him to Hasselbeck TD #s in 2005 is kind of skewed.

    For instance, Alexander had 27 TDs in 2005. Lynch only has 5 this season. In a lot of drives, Hasselbeck was able to get the team close to the goal line and SA punched it in. Had the 2005 Seahawks relied on MH to score instead, if would stand to reason that MH's TD numbers would have been much higher (in theory).

    Comparing stats is fun and can paint a picture, however, stats rarely tell the complete story.

    OK, so let's compare Hass' rookie stats to RW's only eh?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3377
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • SalishHawkFan wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:I don't know how many of you have really looked in depth at Wilson's stats ... but he is starting to amass some pretty impressive numbers actually. Consider this ...

    For starters, Wilson has already basically surpassed in production what Tavaris Jackson did last season. Jackson had 14 TD's to go along with 13 INT's, 3,091 yards, a 60.2 Comp% ... and a QB Rating of 79.2. That's not what's impressive, actually.

    What IS impressive is when you stop to consider that Wilson (in Game #10) already has 15 TD's. (Which leads all of the rookie QB's this season) Now for those who haven't done the math regarding the pace he is on, let me connect the dots for you ...

    Over the past 5 Games (Since the Patriots Game), Russell Wilson has 10 TD passes and only 2 INT's. That frankly is a remarkable pace. So, he is averaging 2 TD passes ... to only .4 INT a game.

    If he keeps up that pace, Wilson will finish the season with 27 TD passes ... and 10 INT.

    Now I can hear some of you out there saying, OKAY ... that's a good season, but what's so remarkable about that?

    Well ... 27 TD's IS a rather impressive ... when you stop to consider that Peyton Manning set the record for a Rookie QB back in 1998 -- with 26 TD's. When Manning broke that record ... it was a record that had stood for 50 years. So if he keeps up this pace, Wilson has a chance to tie or break Manning's rookie record.

    And just a little aside here -- the year that we went to the Super Bowl ... Matt Hasselbeck had 24 TD's to only 9 INT. If Wilson averages a mere 200 yards passing/game (and given the opponents we have coming up I believe that's quite do-able) ... Wilson will finish with just over 3,000 yards passing. Hasselbeck had 3,459 back in 2005. Just throwing that out there ...

    This thread is mistitled. Wilson is on PACE to throw 24.6 TD's. He's not on pace to break the record. He's close enough that he COULD break it and I'm rooting for him to do so, but saying he's on PACE to break it isn't true. If he had 17 touchdowns he'd be on pace to tie it. If he had 18 touchdowns, he'd be on pace to break it.

    With the improving offense, I think it's safe to say he's on pace to break it. The last 5 games, he has 10 TD's, so you're looking at 2 per game. With 6 games left, he could be at 27 by the end of the season.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6861
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • **Out of left field observation alert**

    Regarding that Rookie QB all-time list, that's pretty cool, never really checked that out myself before. Interesting to note that although setting the td mark at 26, which is amazing, Manning had 28 int's. That's crazy and makes me wonder about all-time int records - rookies and vets alike.
    User avatar
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 842
    Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA


  • Stats don't mean a thing, if you ain't got that ring......doo wop, doo wop.
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    User avatar
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 5479
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


  • Back on 11/12, I pointed out that Russell Wilson was averaging 2 TD passes … to only .4 INT a game (since the Patriots game, he’s now averaging.28 INT/game). At that time, he was on pace to break the All Time Record for a TD’s by a Rookie, which was 26 – set by Peyton Manning in 1998. What was fairly impressive about Manning at the time that he set that record … was that was a record that had stood for 50 years.

    Well … Russell Wilson has continued with that 2 TD/Game pace … and if you’re keeping score with me now has 19 TD’s on the season. With 4 games to go (3 of which against NFL creampuffs) … that is a record that is very much within range for Russell Wilson. Regardless, he is having an unbelievable season.

    Here again is how his season is stacking up thus far among some of the All Time Best seasons by a Rookie QB. These are just a few names that I came up with and how Wilson compares (sorted by number of TD's) ...



    Best Seasons by a Rookie QB All Time (Sorted by TD’s Thrown) [As of 12/3/12]
    NameYearCompAttComp%YardsTD’sINT’sQB Rating
    1. Peyton Manning199832557556.7%3,739262871.2
    2. Cam Newton201131051760.0%4,051211784.5
    3. Dan Marino198317329658.4%2,21020696.0
    4. Andy Dalton201130051658.1%3,398201380.4
    5. Russell Wilson201220131763.4%2,34419895.4
    6. Tom Brady2001*26441363.9%2,84318 1286.5
    7. Sam Bradford201035459060.0%3,512181576.5
    8. Ben Roethlisberger200419629566.4%2,621171198.1
    9. Andrew Luck201227950355.5%3,596171676.1
    10. Robert Griffin III 201220530467.4%2,497164104.6
    11. Matt Ryan200826543461.1%3,440161187.7
    12. Joe Montana1980*17627364.5%1,79515 987.8
    13. Joe Flacco200825742860.0%2,971141280.3
    14. Brandon Weeden 201224743357.0%2,820131572.3
    15. Warren Moon1984*25945057.6%3,338121476.9
    16. Rick Mirer199327448656.4%2,833121767.0
    17. Charlie Batch199817330357.1%2,17811683.5
    18. Troy Aikman198915529352.9%1,74991855.7
    19. Ryan Tannehill 201221036357.9%2,55971272.3
    20. John Elway198312325947.5%1,66371454.9


    *Montana started 1 game in 1979, so while he wasn’t technically a rookie, 1980 was his first season as a starter. Same thing goes for Tom Brady, as he started 1 game in 2000. Warren Moon technically was a rookie by NFL standards, but he had played 6 seasons in the CFL and powered the Edmonton Eskimos to 5 Grey Cup victories.

    … Wilson is still on pace to break Manning’s record (at that pace, he would end up with 27 TD’s) … and we’ve got 4 games to go people! [In case you’re wondering, the All-Time TD’s in a season for a Seahawks QB was 32 by Dave Kreig in 1984. I highly doubt Wilson will get to that mark … BUT, with 3 of the 4 remaining games against some of the bigger bottom feeders in the NFL, you never know.]

    As an aside, looking at this list really underscores just how much of a passing league this truly has become over the past few years.

    With RGIII and the Redskins going on Monday Night Football, this list will undoubtedly change by tonight. Should be interesting to see how this race comes out. ;)
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 955
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am


  • You should have probably started a new thread for that last update.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10313
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • Merry Christmas All! It sure was night to get an early present in the stocking last night. Russell Wilson continues to absolutely GASH the record books. After last time's stunning performance against the 49ers, Wilson finds himself just 1 step away from cementing his name in the annals of NFL history.

    Here again is how his season is stacking up thus far among some of the All Time Best seasons by a Rookie QB. These are just a few names that I came up with and how Wilson compares (sorted by number of TD's) ...


    Best Seasons by a Rookie QB All Time (Sorted by TD’s Thrown) [As of 12/24/12]
    NameYearCompAttComp%YardsTD’sINT’sQB Rating
    1. Peyton Manning199832557556.7%3,739262871.2
    2. Russell Wilson201223737463.4%2,868251098.0
    3. Cam Newton201131051760.0%4,051211784.5
    4. Andrew Luck201232559954.3%4,183211875.6
    5. Robert Griffin III 201224937566.4%3,100205104.1
    6. Dan Marino198317329658.4%2,21020696.0
    7. Andy Dalton201130051658.1%3,398201380.4
    6. Tom Brady2001*26441363.9%2,84318 1286.5
    7. Sam Bradford201035459060.0%3,512181576.5
    8. Ben Roethlisberger200419629566.4%2,621171198.1
    9. Matt Ryan200826543461.1%3,440161187.7
    12. Joe Montana1980*17627364.5%1,79515987.8
    13. Joe Flacco200825742860.0%2,971141280.3
    14. Brandon Weeden 201229751757.4%3,385141772.6
    15. Ryan Tannehill201226244958.4%3,059121276.9
    16. Warren Moon1984*25945057.6%3,338121476.9
    17. Rick Mirer199327448656.4%2,833121767.0
    18. Charlie Batch199817330357.1%2,17811683.5
    19. Troy Aikman198915529352.9%1,74991855.7
    20. John Elway198312325947.5%1,66371454.9


    *Montana started 1 game in 1979, so while he wasn’t technically a rookie, 1980 was his first season as a starter. Same thing goes for Tom Brady, as he started 1 game in 2000. Warren Moon technically was a rookie by NFL standards, but he had played 6 seasons in the CFL and powered the Edmonton Eskimos to 5 Grey Cup victories.

    Russell Wilson had his first 4 TD game and from what he's shown, it won't be his last. To me, what was most impressive about Russell Wilson's performance last night was WHO he did it against. With the way he's playing, next week we'll probably not only be talking about a Seahawks win ... but about the fact that there is a new gold standard that future rookie quarterbacks entering this league will be looking up to and shooting for.
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 955
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am




It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information