Lets NOT talk mariners

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1be9aecf said:
That's debateable. They want to win at THEIR price and THEIR terms period, and not a penny more. Where was that "winning attitude" when Lou wanted another bat, when Seattle was on the cusp of going to the World Series in 2001, not to be found as the m's wallet was slammed shut right in their managers face.

Do you think the M's past 10 years of general suck was just dumb luck?????

Nope, it was inept ownership and an inept upper front office, see Chuck Armstrong and Howard Lincoln in particular! To believe otherwise is naive at best!

I'm not arguing that the ownership hasn't played a part in the M's suckage. Of course they have. What I'm arguing against is the belief that they are purposefully holding this team back, a ridiculous concept. The ownership sucks, they've made terrible decisions, but they do care about winning as evidence by their willingness to provide the M's with ample funds up until the end of the Bavasi era. They're biggest mistake thus far, at least as the Mariners are concerned, has been hiring crap managers that can't put a decent product on the field with the cash provided.

I'm not going to comment on them not supporting Lou because that happened before I was a fan and I don't know the details. I do know, however, that after 2006 when Bavasi thought he could make this team a contender they had no problem increasing the team salary from $87 million to $107 million the very next season to oblige him. They're not afraid to give out cash, but they suck at finding people to manage that cash. Giving that kind of money to Bavasi was idiotic.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
A friend tweeted this too me..ha ha

aresubeb.jpg

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1b2wlo9d said:
The whole "the M's ownership doesn't care about winning" argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Up until the end of the Bavasi years they made sure the M's were consistently top 10 in payroll. You don't invest that much money into a team if you don't care about winning. Sure, they care about profits but winning equals profits. They know that, everyone knows that. They aren't dumb, they want to field a winning team if only to increase the teams profitability.
The Ms are very profitable while always losing--TV deals mainly. Investing in highly-paid players only cuts into the revenue stream.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I want the mariners' season over so badly so I don't have to suffer through any more discussion about the team during football season on sports radio during my drive home from work. Screw em!

hawker84

Reaction score
You beat me to it. Why does the local stations still broadcast their games. who cares any more? catch me next season, i want to hear football talk on my drive home not a mariner game where i don't recognize half the names in the lineup. enough already, call it a season, regroup, try again next year. now GTF Off my radio.....

THE TABS

Reaction score
I have been a die hard M's fan for as along as I can remember, and I've never been more apathetic about them then I am right now. They have the facilities and the revenue stream to be competitive, but ownership sucks and management is absolutely, positively atrocious. There is no excuse for this franchise to be in the state that it's in.

Wake me when the team is sold.

hawker84

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":21y86rbl said:
Don't even start you bums. I know it's hard to be a mariners fan but for the die hards we will always hope the big turn is just around the next corner. As any of us would be for the hawks if they sucked.

there is no bigger mariners fan than me on this board, been one since day 1... i have honestly watched maybe 10 full games in the last 2 seasons because i have simply had enough of the BS. I'll always be a fan, but until the ownership shows me they are serious about putting a competitive team on the field, i will be watching from afar. I will not financially support an organization that is ok with losing, by attending games or buying merchandise. Screw that enjoying a nice day at the ballpark and soaking up the aptmosphere crap, i want to see winning baseball again..

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am a fan of baseball but not of the Ms until they field a competitive team. They lost me as a fan and they have to win me back. I am not about to spend one dime on an organization is this messed up. The front office has said they are accountable. I don't see that reflected on the field.

Msfann

Reaction score
Don't worry folks, they are saved now that jack z signed a one year extension! You know since he has done such an awesome job so far. Oh wait they still suck..

m0ng0

Reaction score
take a look at Paxtons and Walkers stats since they were called up, the mariners have a nice rotation next year!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
m0ng0":the4qu59 said:
take a look at Paxtons and Walkers stats since they were called up, the mariners have a nice rotation next year!
Can they hit though? This team still has no offense!

Hawker

Reaction score
We had such an abysmal 3-4-5 rotation this year. Offense was a step in the right direction this year - what are we, fourth in home runs? Second to last in average I am sure. But our starting pitching really wasn't as good as I had expected, aside from Felix/Kuma.

I'll agree with the September posts on here in that even though I am a die-hard baseball fan, the Mariners are struggling to keep my attention anymore.

hawker84

Reaction score
Well the baseball season is over for M's fans, and now it's Seahawk season.. Nothing like the long drive home from work hoping to hear some Hawk talk, only having to listen to the fricken MLB playoffs on my local ESPN station.. What's worse than being forced to listen to your loser team's games when you know they aren't sniffing the post season? that would be listening to two other teams you could care less about in a playoff game. Thanks ESPN 1340 for rubbing more salt in my wounds..

GO Cougs!!!! ouch
Go M's!!! the agony
Go Sonics!!! getting numb now
Go Hawks!!! ahhh, that's better