Who will cover the Rams?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Who will cover the Rams?
Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:09 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    AvengerRam wrote:Marvin is a legend in his own mind.

Moving along, I think that Austin will likely be the 3rd leading receiver on the Rams (in terms of receptions and yards) this year, behind Chris Givens and Jared Cook. Austin's role will be to provide big plays and TDs.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!! ROFLMAO.

SOMEONE can't stand being proven wrong. LOL.

Clearly, you don't know the definition of the word "proven." Idiot.

Moving on...

As for you're point....dunno. I like Cook tho...just prefer he wasn't a Ram.

There's a rare bit of wisdom from you.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:10 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:

Moving along, I think that Austin will likely be the 3rd leading receiver on the Rams (in terms of receptions and yards) this year, behind Chris Givens and Jared Cook. Austin's role will be to provide big plays and TDs.

Well...what did the team's website say about it?

LMAO!!!

oh man.....I rarely actually LOL when I say LOL. I literally laughed out loud. Nice.

Oh... you made a new friend!

Good for you! :th2thumbs:
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:13 pm
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!! ROFLMAO.

SOMEONE can't stand being proven wrong. LOL.

Clearly, you don't know the definition of the word "proven." Idiot.

Moving on...

As for you're point....dunno. I like Cook tho...just prefer he wasn't a Ram.

There's a rare bit of wisdom from you.

Wow...2 days of calling me idiot, moron, stupid, and dumber than a box of rocks and this is all you got left? Sad.

I was right all along. You know it. Don't pretend you don't. Ordinarily I wouldn't rub someone's nose in it but the aforementioned insults are making me enjoy this quite a bit.

Nothing you can say now. Just give up. It's over.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:20 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:Wow...2 days of calling me idiot, moron, stupid, and dumber than a box of rocks and this is all you got left? Sad.

I was right all along. You know it. Don't pretend you don't. Ordinarily I wouldn't rub someone's nose in it but the aforementioned insults are making me enjoy this quite a bit.

Do you have brain damage?

You asserted that Percy Harvin is 15-20 lbs. heavier than Tavon Austin.

You then spent two days establishing that an internet search reveals Harvin's weight as being anywhere from 184 lbs. to 195 lbs. You have further acknowledged that you don't know which source is correct.

So... and read slowly so you can follow this... you have not proven your point, you've contradicted it.

You don't know how much Harvin weighs. For that matter, you don't know how much Austin weighs.

Thus... and again, read slowly... you have no basis to conclusively assert what the weight difference is.

My point, which you've successfully managed to bury in a pile of your nonsense, is that they are both small WRs who are regularly hit by bigger players. My point is not dependent on any particular weight.

If you are too stupid to follow this, that's your problem.

If you feel the need to engage in further undeserved declarations of victory, be my guest.

Buh-bye.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:28 pm
  • Wow. This is a new one on me I don't even have to go to an open board like Football Futures or ESPN to watch a dumb pissing match between a Ram and 49er fan.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:36 pm
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Wow...2 days of calling me idiot, moron, stupid, and dumber than a box of rocks and this is all you got left? Sad.

Do you have brain damage?

You asserted that Percy Harvin is 15-20 lbs. heavier than Tavon Austin.

You then spent two days establishing that an internet search reveals Harvin's weight as being anywhere from 184 lbs. to 195 lbs. You have further acknowledged that you don't know which source is correct.

So... and read slowly so you can follow this... you have not proven your point, you've contradicted it.

You don't know how much Harvin weighs. For that matter, you don't know how much Austin weighs.

Thus... and again, read slowly... you have no basis to conclusively assert what the weight difference is.

My point, which you've successfully managed to bury in a pile of your nonsense, is that they are both small WRs who are regularly hit by bigger players. My point is not dependent on any particular weight.

If you are too stupid to follow this, that's your problem.

If you feel the need to engage in further undeserved declarations of victory, be my guest.

Buh-bye.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Look at this guy.

Can't stand it. Can't admit it when he's wrong. Changing his argument midstream in order to be "right"

Someone (don't recall if it was you) made a comparison to Percy Harvin.

I said Percy was 3 inches taller and 10-15 lbs heavier.

YOU went off on a lame crusade about it being EIGHT pounds (a whopping difference of 2 lbs) and began using every word you could find in the thesaurus for the word stupid.

I supplied the combine weights which support my point....tho Harvin was actually HEAVIER than I tought coming out. I also explained what MOST PEOPLE ALREADY KNOW which is that listed weights on team sites or almost anywhere else on the internet are useless. They mean nothing. The only time weights are publically listed is at the combine. This isn't rocket science.

I then pointed you to sites that have said that in addition to those combine numbers he has been working out in recent years and may weigh as much as 203 lbs.

None of this is nonsense as much as you would like it to be. The fact of the matter is that you have run out of arguments and are simply now resorting to holding me to some Court of Law standard of proof on a freakin' internet forum. That comical and pathetic.

I don't need to prove anything to you. I made my case. Its up to anyone else to decide if I've made it. Nobody else really cares here tho and it wouldn't matter what I said to you...you are clearly incapable admitting when you're wrong. BTW, I did so early on when I learned he was heavier in the combine than I thought. You called me a tool for it.

This is my last post on this conversation because clearly you have no ability to reason. Its a pointless conversation. Moreover this isn't even our forum so kinda feel bad for having this argument here. They don't care what we think anyway.

Finally, I want to thank you for making me understand that I no longer have to take anything you say seriously. I've seen how you're reasoning works enough to know that I wouldn't trust any opinion you have. Cheers.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:37 pm
  • Does this site have an "ignore" feature?

EDIT: Found it! :)
    Last edited by AvengerRam on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:38 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:Wow. This is a new one on me I don't even have to go to an open board like Football Futures or ESPN to watch a dumb pissing match between a Ram and 49er fan.

Yeah...I have to admit it. Its pretty dumb. I apologize. Wrong place for it.

Sorry peeps.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:44 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:Wow. This is a new one on me I don't even have to go to an open board like Football Futures or ESPN to watch a dumb pissing match between a Ram and 49er fan.

Sorry peeps.

It happens. I don't mind talking about other teams that is what this forum is for but pointless arguements over semantics concerning them is out of place here.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:48 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:Wow. This is a new one on me I don't even have to go to an open board like Football Futures or ESPN to watch a dumb pissing match between a Ram and 49er fan.

Sorry peeps.

It happens. I don't mind talking about other teams that is what this forum is for but pointless arguements over semantics concerning them is out of place here.

Totally agree. I just couldn't believe he was so adamant about something so stupid....so I got all caught up in it. My bad. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:45 pm
  • Sometimes weigh in numbers listed on team websites are correct and sometimes they are not. There's really no absolutes. Over the years, I've read articles or heard interviews where players provide weights that match exactly what's listed on the website and some where players have given numbers not even close to what is listed. And these are players on the same freaking team. Also some teams update their websites regularly and some do not.

In the end, only the individual, their teams, and whomever the individual (or teams) have confided in knows the exact weight of these players at any given moment. Not message board posters outside of that circle.

Besides, a player's weight can change during the course of a season. And combine weigh in numbers are only accurate on that day as players add or drop weight just for the event every single year. And sometimes these changes are dramatic.

Never argue with an idiot.
    Thread Killer
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:27 pm
  • Thread Killer wrote:Sometimes weigh in numbers listed on team websites are correct and sometimes they are not. There's really no absolutes. Over the years, I've read articles or heard interviews where players provide weights that match exactly what's listed on the website and some where players have given numbers not even close to what is listed. And these are players on the same freaking team. Also some teams update their websites regularly and some do not.

In the end, only the individual, their teams, and whomever the individual (or teams) have confided in knows the exact weight of these players at any given moment. Not message board posters outside of that circle.

Besides, a player's weight can change during the course of a season. And combine weigh in numbers are only accurate on that day as players add or drop weight just for the event every single year. And sometimes these changes are dramatic.

Never argue with an idiot.

That was largely my point. The only thing that's for sure are combine numbers, but after a few years you have no idea how accurate those numbers are.

Not sure if it was him or me you are calling an idiot (or more likely both of us), but it was stupid of me to argue it. Live and learn.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:24 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:I have no doubt he looked good in camp and I'd be happy if the Niners had taken him. All I'm sayin' is don't get the bust ready for Canton just yet. He's trying to do something a selct few have been able to do....play WR on the NFL level at that diminutive size.

I'm sure he's lightning quick and fast...but the real bullets aren't firing yet. Training camp heroes can easily fade in September.

What people here are taking issue with is the ASSUMPTION that he's just gonna step in and dominate. Nobody is doubting that he has talent. So have MANY, MANY other high picks who completely flamed out (See Ginn, Ted - Howard, Desmond - Warrick, Peter for examples).

I hear ya. I'm only providing quotes to show it's a widely held belief and not just homer talk.

If TA is the 3rd or 4th receiver in passing yards, that would be fine. To me, he's all about starting field position.

The press and the talk is a lot about Tavon but the Rams are fielding a hell of a team even without him. They aren't counting on him as a major receiving weapon.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 am
  • Looks like Hawks third string could cover the whole rams starting offense, and then some, if preseason were an indication.
    IDKmyBFFRussell
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:15 pm
  • IDKmyBFFRussell wrote:Looks like Hawks third string could cover the whole rams starting offense, and then some, if preseason were an indication.

...and it's not.

No one will be able to cover this speed. The preseason play means NOTHING.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:30 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    IDKmyBFFRussell wrote:Looks like Hawks third string could cover the whole rams starting offense, and then some, if preseason were an indication.

...and it's not.

No one will be able to cover this speed. The preseason play means NOTHING.

Its totally not, but TC reports are totally indicators, guys!

GET WITH THE PROGRAM HERE!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:40 pm
  • Sam Bradford's new haircut receives mixed reviews. He was hoping to muscle in on the Kaepernick/Wilson publicity in all the magazines.

theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:25 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Sam Bradford's new haircut receives mixed reviews. He was hoping to muscle in on the Kaepernick/Wilson publicity in all the magazines.

That's not Sam you silly goose. Sam is number 8. That's the rookie R.J. Washington with his rookie hazing haircut.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:09 am
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:44 pm
  • Fastest Show on Turf, thats original, did you tap in to Mike Martz' Tinfoil Hat for that one?

I would have though you would have been more inclined to represent your defense with the passing of Deacon Jones with something like the Fearsome Forskins.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:51 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:Image

Soooo scared of a coach who entrenched himself in mediocrity.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:32 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:Image

Is that Britney Spears?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:41 am
  • Guess we'll finally find out.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:33 am
  • Stephen SeaHawking wrote:Guess we'll finally find out.

We did, they can't even win when we tried to hand em the game, they're a special kind of suck.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Previous

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information