Who will cover the Rams?

OrFan

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3db5sf72 said:
A Niner fan and a Ram fan having a slap fight on a Seahawks fan board.

That is all there is on this forum anymore. It's getting old.

Apparently their boards suck so bad they feel they have to come here for attention.

Marvin49

Reaction score
OrFan":15s4tv3q said:
SacHawk2.0":15s4tv3q said:

Apparently their boards suck so bad they feel they have to come here for attention.

LOL.

Not that it matters but I spent a lot of that time defending a SEAHAWK.

Sac

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zbibcjh said:
OrFan":1zbibcjh said:
SacHawk2.0":1zbibcjh said:

LOL.

Not that it matters but I spent a lot of that time defending a SEAHAWK.

You shut your dirty whore mouth!!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
OrFan":1gend7e7 said:
SacHawk2.0":1gend7e7 said:

I think its entertaining as hell.

Thread Killer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":f238j0wf said:
Austin wasn't the best receiver at WV. Stedman Bailey was (also drafted by the Rams) and what your ignoring about Austin is why you bring him in. It's not because you think he will have elite numbers it is because defenses cannot ignore him. It is a very large part of the reason Bailey had 1600 yards and 26 TD's his senior year alone and still wasn't considered a top draft prospect. It's what I refer to as the Harvin effect. Austin doesn't have to be a elite target to have a strong benefit to the offense.

^ This ^

Whether he turns out to be a superstar or not, anyone with half a brain should be able to see that such a player is going to draw quite a bit of attention from defenses. Doesn't matter if he's a Ram, Seahawk, 49er, or whatever.

However, Marvin49 seems to believe that he's the only one that can make claims on the kid's future while everyone else has to wait and see what happens. :lol:

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
LOL, you sure changed your tune quickly. First it was:

RamzFanz":1usd1745 said:
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I've been watching football long enough to be a reasonable judge of talent. This is the real deal.

See, I've watched a LOT of TA and I think you're not seeing how this guy survives and thrives.

Now?

It's not me. I haven't been to camp.

So, first we were supposed to believe you because you claim to be a reasonable judge of talent. Now we are supposed to believe you because you found a couple of quotes from a couple of sportswriters? You're not exactly putting together a coherent argument here.

Once again, looking good in August doesn't mean you'll look good in January. Prove it in the regular season. Then we'll talk.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
How many athletes are at the height and weight stated, guys under 6 foot by up to a couple inches get listed at 6 foot many times, guys at 6 foot at 6' 2", guys thin at heavier weights, guys big at lighter weights, especially in college reports, why the combine is so diligent at putting these guys thru every measurement they can think off. Trying to find the truth, even then it can be leaked incorrectly or kept quiet so people don't get any inside info if a team is interested.

And yet, Marvin insisted that Harvin is at least 10-15 pounds heavier than Austin. If the information on the teams' websites can't be relied upon (which again, show an 8 pound weight difference), then presumably he would have another source before making such a definitive assertion.

He has NO SOURCE, other than the voices in his head.

As for Rams/Whiners battles here, nobody should be surprised. The Rams and Whiners have hated each other since before there was an NFL franchise in Seattle.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AvengerRam":3r3t05wl said:
How many athletes are at the height and weight stated, guys under 6 foot by up to a couple inches get listed at 6 foot many times, guys at 6 foot at 6' 2", guys thin at heavier weights, guys big at lighter weights, especially in college reports, why the combine is so diligent at putting these guys thru every measurement they can think off. Trying to find the truth, even then it can be leaked incorrectly or kept quiet so people don't get any inside info if a team is interested.

And yet, Marvin insisted that Harvin is at least 10-15 pounds heavier than Austin. If the information on the teams' websites can't be relied upon (which again, show an 8 pound weight difference), then presumably he would have another source before making such a definitive assertion.

He has NO SOURCE, other than the voices in his head.

As for Rams/Whiners battles here, nobody should be surprised. The Rams and Whiners have hated each other since before there was an NFL franchise in Seattle.

I have COMMON SENSE, some thing you clearly lack. You also have no proof that I'm WRONG about listed weights. I don't NEED proof to prove something that well known if you have been a fan for more than 10 minutes. LISTED WEIGHTS DON'T CHANGE EVERY YEAR.

Even if you're right (which you're not) we are talking about a freakin' 2 lb difference. LOL. Have him eat a good turkey dinner and its over 10 lbs. Are you so deparate to be right that you are arguing 2 freakin lbs!?!

...and he says I'M a tool. Wow

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2sw4guqe said:

RamzFanz":2sw4guqe said:
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I've been watching football long enough to be a reasonable judge of talent. This is the real deal.

See, I've watched a LOT of TA and I think you're not seeing how this guy survives and thrives.

Now?

So, first we were supposed to believe you because you claim to be a reasonable judge of talent. Now we are supposed to believe you because you found a couple of quotes from a couple of sportswriters? You're not exactly putting together a coherent argument here.

Once again, looking good in August doesn't mean you'll look good in January. Prove it in the regular season. Then we'll talk.

I should have said I've watched a LOT of TA on tape.

You'll see.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RamzFanz":a3kfnnc3 said:

You'll see.

Oh, well, that just clears it all up for us. We bow down to your expertise.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
RamzFanz":27tf6z50 said:

You'll see.

Where did you get your tape from? Cutups, game tapes, coaches tape?

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Marvin49":37w3ljxg said:
I have COMMON SENSE, some thing you clearly lack. You also have no proof that I'm WRONG about listed weights. I don't NEED proof to prove something that well known if you have been a fan for more than 10 minutes. LISTED WEIGHTS DON'T CHANGE EVERY YEAR.

Even if you're right (which you're not) we are talking about a freakin' 2 lb difference. LOL. Have him eat a good turkey dinner and its over 10 lbs. Are you so deparate to be right that you are arguing 2 freakin lbs!?!

You are dumber than a box of rocks.

I don't have to prove anything. Its your assertion (that Harvin is 10-15 pounds heavier than Austin). You have to prove it. You have failed.

Also, you completely ignore the fact that Austin is 8 lbs. lighter and 3 inches shorter. That suggests that Austin may very well have a MORE solid build than Harvin.

Now go away, silly person.

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2x4kid43 said:

RamzFanz":2x4kid43 said:

Now?

MMQB Peter King after visiting 20 teams: "I think the single-best player we saw on our tour was St. Louis tight end Jared Cook. What a catch radius. How he caught only 44 balls last year in Tennessee I’ll never know."

Second best rookie he saw "Tavon Austin, WR/KR/PR, St. Louis. Saw him make Cortland Finnegan, a $10 million-a-year cornerback, look very mortal on an eight-yard curl. Preview of things to come."

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RamzFanz":25qcdhiq said:
Shadowhawk":25qcdhiq said:

Now?

MMQB Peter King after visiting 20 teams: "I think the single-best player we saw on our tour was St. Louis tight end Jared Cook. What a catch radius. How he caught only 44 balls last year in Tennessee I’ll never know."

Second best rookie he saw "Tavon Austin, WR/KR/PR, St. Louis. Saw him make Cortland Finnegan, a $10 million-a-year cornerback, look very mortal on an eight-yard curl. Preview of things to come."

Peter King has no credibility because A) It's Peter King and B) The Rams have granted him a personal favor so there's no way he's going to bother being objective. By the way, re-read that sentence again. No one cares about an eight yard curl route. Seriously.

chris98251

Reaction score
T & A, thats a different sport all together..............................

Marvin49

Reaction score
AvengerRam":1hyd9l3m said:
Marvin49":1hyd9l3m said:

You are dumber than a box of rocks.

I don't have to prove anything. Its your assertion (that Harvin is 10-15 pounds heavier than Austin). You have to prove it. You have failed.

Also, you completely ignore the fact that Austin is 8 lbs. lighter and 3 inches shorter. That suggests that Austin may very well have a MORE solid build than Harvin.

Now go away, silly person.

OMG....I'M dumber than a box of rocks!?!

Listen dumbskull, I was the person who pointed to Harvins height TO BEGIN WITH. YOU are the one making a big deal over a supposed TWO FREAKIN' LBs. EVEN IF YOU WERE RIGHT...it's 2 damn pounds!!! I'M the one that's dumb? Look in the freakin mirror homey.

BTW Jacka$$...for what it's worth...

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much ... rvin-weigh
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does ... rvin_weigh

or how about his own page...

http://percyharvin.com/

So...you're right....it's not 10-15lbs. It's more like 20-30 lbs. Now bite me sheep lover.

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1tgt24jt said:
RamzFanz":1tgt24jt said:

Peter King has no credibility because A) It's Peter King and B) The Rams have granted him a personal favor so there's no way he's going to bother being objective. By the way, re-read that sentence again. No one cares about an eight yard curl route. Seriously.

Um, what? He visited 20 teams. They all did him a personal favor. Did he call their TE the best player in any camp or their WR the second best rookie? Nope. Keeeeeep sleeping the Rams, it's going to make the shock so much more enjoyable.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RamzFanz":uirnn8jg said:
Sarlacc83":uirnn8jg said:
RamzFanz":uirnn8jg said:

Um, what? He visited 20 teams. They all did him a personal favor. Did he call their TE the best player in any camp or their WR the second best rookie? Nope. Keeeeeep sleeping the Rams, it's going to make the shock so much more enjoyable.

I have no doubt he looked good in camp and I'd be happy if the Niners had taken him. All I'm sayin' is don't get the bust ready for Canton just yet. He's trying to do something a selct few have been able to do....play WR on the NFL level at that diminutive size.

I'm sure he's lightning quick and fast...but the real bullets aren't firing yet. Training camp heroes can easily fade in September.

What people here are taking issue with is the ASSUMPTION that he's just gonna step in and dominate. Nobody is doubting that he has talent. So have MANY, MANY other high picks who completely flamed out (See Ginn, Ted - Howard, Desmond - Warrick, Peter for examples).