Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Telling you, bro, DirecTV is either the biggest suckers in the world, or ran by the greatest human beings ever.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ or they just have a HUGE HUGE profit margin in their normal rates and then give "fantastic deals" for those that ask for it and end up just making a regular profit from those guys.....

TestMo1337

Reaction score
It's funny because the guy that I was working with complemented me for being so direct with what I was looking for rather than trying to hide behind "well... if you could do ___, then maybe I'll think about it." It was basically like watching an infomercial "but that's not all!"

He told me he had about $400 worth of credit to work with for a year on my discounts, and he just maximized it. So I'm not saving like a ton of money over my 2-year contract it just blows away anything that I would have gotten with Comcast/Xfinity and I'm happy to stay with them.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Were you really going to pay $15 a month for SOCCER...... or were you just messing with them?

J/K and thanks for the great information.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Just had my first experience with DirecTV tech support and it was laughable how little the "tech" on the phone knew. My Ondemand wasn't loading and kept giving me a "Network error" message even when it said it was connected. After an hour on the phone, she gives up and says "I think you're going to have to call Comcast"...no BS. I have DirectTV but my internet and phone is through Comcast. I had an idea what the issue was but I wanted to see if it might have been an equipment issue before I started unhooking all my cables and swapping things around. She said something about "I think one of your ports through Comcast closed and you're gonna have to ask them to open it back up". I said "Huh? It was working the other day. What port could've closed on its own that was previously open as you say".

So after hanging up, I unhooked the Genie downstairs and swapped it with the little box upstairs in the master bedroom. What do ya know! Problem solved. The router is upstairs too so the issue was a weak signal.

CPHawk

Reaction score
For those needing th NFL package, call and threaten to leave because you want the PAC 12 network. They gave my brother in law that and $200 credit.