OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
sutz":36tgcrwp said:
RamzFanz":36tgcrwp said:
chris98251":36tgcrwp said:
Austin may be an athlete, but Reggie Bush was suppose to be all that also and while he can be dynamic what has he really done other then a few notable plays here and there, Desmond Howard was another Athlete, had a MVP moment in a Super bowl with his Kick returning not his receiveing abilities, Thats what I see as an Austin upside, I don't see him being Terry Metcalf, who was by far the best undersized player I have ever watched, even he had injuries shorten his career.

Austin may make explosive plays, but I liken it to a small guy fighting a big guy, small guy gets inside and gets a shot or two here and there, but he pays a high price for every blow he lands in just physical domination. Once tired or worn down some the big guy makes it hurt bad for those couple shots the small guy got in earlier.

See, I've watched a LOT of TA and I think you're not seeing how this guy survives and thrives.

One of his best talents is avoiding the hit. He missed a total of zero games and one practice in HS and college.

The man has no pride! He runs out of bounds and goes down like a $2 wh... well, you know what I mean. I was watching his highlight reel and in this one play he was trapped on the sideline by three defenders who were going to pound him. So he stutter steps. At first I thought he was trying to pull a move but then I realised he was just forcing them to change speed and direction so they couldn't put the hit on him. He takes the yards left and steps out.

So, I don't think your analogy is correct. The big guy doesn't get to hit back because he eliminates the opportunity. Will that transfer to the NFL? God, I hope so.
So, you're saying he's a wuss?

:stirthepot:

Nope, I'm saying he plays to his strengths and manages his one weakness (which is also a strength).

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Terrifying.

Sheep-single.jpg

Largent80

Reaction score
Who will cover the Rams?

The best secondary in the league...The Seattle Seahawks.

/Thread.

Oh wait.....

Mascot match up

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Marvin49":3uslg7tg said:
...and you are using the combine weight of a player who's been in the league now for several years. I highly doubt Harvin is still 184 lbs. Players usually put on weight in NFL training rooms.

You don't read well, do you? That's the weight listed on the Seahawks web site. If you have proof its wrong, provide it. Otherwise, shut the Hell up.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2dshsyf4 said:
Marvin49":2dshsyf4 said:
...and you are using the combine weight of a player who's been in the league now for several years. I highly doubt Harvin is still 184 lbs. Players usually put on weight in NFL training rooms.

You don't read well, do you? That's the weight listed on the Seahawks web site. If you have proof its wrong, provide it. Otherwise, shut the Hell up.

Right...because the teams always update a players weight on a regular basis for the sole purpose of listing it. SMDH. Any height/weight info you will ever see on NFL players comes from the combine. I'm surprised you didn't already know that. Have you ever noticed that a players listed weight never changes in their entire career?

So....YOU shut the hell up. :D

EDIT: Actually....I'm not sure where the 184lbs came from. I know weight stats don't get updated. Ever. So not sure where the 184lbs first got listed. At the combine he actually weighed in at 192 lbs.

Typically player weights tho get posted someplace once and then every other site just copies that info and so on and so on. I remember Tim McDonald being asked about his weight when it was listed at 215 lbs. He smiled and said that was his rookie weight, but he was closer to 235-240 by the end of his career. The point here is that that any weight that is listed after the combine is just someone repeateing someone else. The teams have no mandate or desire to divulge the correct weights of their players.

BTW...I'm not even a Seahawk fan and I'm the guy defending Harvin here. LOL.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ergm0ct said:
Right...because the teams always update a players weight on a regular basis for the sole purpose of listing it. SMDH. Any height/weight info you will ever see on NFL players comes from the combine. I'm surprised you didn't already know that. Have you ever noticed that a players listed weight never changes in their entire career?

So you have no proof that Harvin weighs more than 184 lbs. Okay, based on your admission, your prior comments are stricken from the record. Next witness.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AvengerRam":r64s2r6h said:
Marvin49":r64s2r6h said:

So you have no proof that Harvin weighs more than 184 lbs. Okay, based on your admission, your prior comments are stricken from the record. Next witness.

LOL. OK Mr Head in the sand. You not knowing something that is pretty obvious and fairly well known isn't my fault. You might want to look into that.

BTW, I edited my post because Harvin actually weighed in at 192lbs at the combine. Not sure where or when the 184 came into play. May have been a listed weight from college.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Marvin49":30mv2b5q said:
BTW, I edited my post because Harvin actually weighed in at 192lbs at the combine. Not sure where or when the 184 came into play. May have been a listed weight from college.

You are such a tool.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2ezorw7t said:
Marvin49":2ezorw7t said:

You are such a tool.

...yet I'm STILL correct.

I dunno why I'm even arguing. LOL. I said 10-15 lbs and your stat is 8 lbs...so off by 2 pounds even if you're correct. LOL. I'm not even a Seattle fan. :D All you wanna do is "be right" even when you're not.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Marvin49":3mfq5uxm said:
AvengerRam":3mfq5uxm said:
Marvin49":3mfq5uxm said:

You are such a tool.

No, you're just too stupid to get it.

You claim that Harvin is more than 184, his listed weight on the Seahawks' site, but you have no facts to back it up. You then claim that 184 was merely his combine weight, only to then come to the realization that he weighed MORE at the combine. Despite this, you continue to assert that Harvin is "10-15 pounds more than" Austin.

So, in the end, you have NO FACTS, and have simply chosen to ignore the one current source (Seahawks.com) that provides an answer.

In other words, you're a tool.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AvengerRam":3q9y739c said:
Marvin49":3q9y739c said:
AvengerRam":3q9y739c said:
You are such a tool.

No, you're just too stupid to get it.

You claim that Harvin is more than 184, his listed weight on the Seahawks' site, but you have no facts to back it up. You then claim that 184 was merely his combine weight, only to then come to the realization that he weighed MORE at the combine. Despite this, you continue to assert that Harvin is "10-15 pounds more than" Austin.

So, in the end, you have NO FACTS, and have simply chosen to ignore the one current source (Seahawks.com) that provides an answer.

In other words, you're a tool.

I don't need to have proof that I'm correct. This isn't a court of law. Just because you seem to be under the impression that players are constantly weighed and that weight is posted doesn't mean that I have to prove that lunacy inaccurate.

The fact that I went back and checked what I was saying only shows I'm capable of checking up on myself and admitting when I have some part of what I said wrong...which I did.

Go ahead...prove me wrong. I challenge you to do so. Nate Newton once weighed over 400 lbs but he was never listed over 325 lbs or so. I can't help it if you don't already know that.

If knowing something you don't know makes someone a tool, then it appears that 90% of the world are tools in your estimation. I feel comfortable being one of those people.

I'm too stupid? Nice 2nd grade response....um...YOU'RE UGLY!!!

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
RamzFanz":2akq6io6 said:
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I've been watching football long enough to be a reasonable judge of talent. This is the real deal.

But you are also a fan, which means there is the very real possibility that you are seeing what you WANT to see rather than what is actually there. There's nothing wrong with that--we all do it and some more than others--but don't make the mistake of thinking you are giving anything close to an objective report on your team.

For all the time you spend talking about your team's advantages, you are glossing over its biggest obstacle: the fact that they play in a division with two very good teams that appear to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders. Seattle and San Francisco are proven playoff teams. St. Louis has proven nothing at this point. Maybe the Rams are as good as you say; nobody on this board would dispute the possibility. But that may also turn out to be nothing more than wishful thinking on your part. Looking like a champion in August is a lot different than playing like a champion in January.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3hcn0l1z said:
RamzFanz":3hcn0l1z said:
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I've been watching football long enough to be a reasonable judge of talent. This is the real deal.

But you are also a fan, which means there is the very real possibility that you are seeing what you WANT to see rather than what is actually there. There's nothing wrong with that--we all do it and some more than others--but don't make the mistake of thinking you are giving anything close to an objective report on your team.

For all the time you spend talking about your team's advantages, you are glossing over its biggest obstacle: the fact that they play in a division with two very good teams that appear to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders. Seattle and San Francisco are proven playoff teams. St. Louis has proven nothing at this point. Maybe the Rams are as good as you say; nobody on this board would dispute the possibility. But that may also turn out to be nothing more than wishful thinking on your part. Looking like a champion in August is a lot different than playing like a champion in January.

This.

chris98251

Reaction score
AvengerRam":3pbs0egv said:
chris98251":3pbs0egv said:
Austin may be an athlete, but Reggie Bush was suppose to be all that also and while he can be dynamic what has he really done other then a few notable plays here and there, Desmond Howard was another Athlete, had a MVP moment in a Super bowl with his Kick returning not his receiveing abilities, Thats what I see as an Austin upside, I don't see him being Terry Metcalf, who was by far the best undersized player I have ever watched, even he had injuries shorten his career.

Austin may make explosive plays, but I liken it to a small guy fighting a big guy, small guy gets inside and gets a shot or two here and there, but he pays a high price for every blow he lands in just physical domination. Once tired or worn down some the big guy makes it hurt bad for those couple shots the small guy got in earlier.

Wouldn't all of these comments be good arguments against paying a King's ransom for Percy Harvin?

Actually they would, IF Harvin had not proven the ability to make plays, he has, he has had injuries also. Point is Harvin is like asking for extra sprinkles on ice cream we have receivers, we got to the second round of the playoffs last year with them, Austin is being depicted as the Ice cream by Rams fans.

chris98251

Reaction score
RamzFanz":2ofmmp81 said:
chris98251":2ofmmp81 said:

See, I've watched a LOT of TA and I think you're not seeing how this guy survives and thrives.

One of his best talents is avoiding the hit. He missed a total of zero games and one practice in HS and college.

The man has no pride! He runs out of bounds and goes down like a $2 wh... well, you know what I mean. I was watching his highlight reel and in this one play he was trapped on the sideline by three defenders who were going to pound him. So he stutter steps. At first I thought he was trying to pull a move but then I realised he was just forcing them to change speed and direction so they wouldn't have the angle or momentum to put the hit on him. He takes the yards left and steps out.

So, I don't think your analogy is correct. The big guy doesn't get to hit back because he eliminates the opportunity. Will that transfer to the NFL? God, I hope so.

You think a guy getting swing passes and short routes from the slot or crossing the middle is going to have a sideline to duck into? You think an end around or a guy in the backfield is going to avoid 300-pound lineman standing him up while safeties and linebackers finish him off? You think him fielding a Kick off and coming inside or trying to come across the grain or receiving a Punt and waiting for a guy at full speed to time his hit won't be highlight film hit material?

He may get a few break a ways here and there granted most of the guys I listed did also, but even those listed players who proved they could play took abusive punishment in the types of situations I just listed. Also his speed isn't that much better then most NFL speed, college he looked like a thoroughbred in a plow horse race, they are all thoroughbreds in the NFL.

I know one thing, as a CB, Safety, Linebacker or Gunner, if I have a shot on a guy that small I unload, to seperate the ball and yes take him out and make the team weaker. Nothijng against the player, but it would make the Rams weaker and give what ever team is playing less options.

I'm not talking trying to purposely end the guys career, but lay a lick on him so he won't be so apt to play without thinking about who's going to lay the next lick on him versus where the ball is. Kind of like a Vernon Davis hit.

chris98251

Reaction score
AvengerRam":br968vta said:
Marvin49":br968vta said:

How many athletes are at the height and weight stated, guys under 6 foot by up to a couple inches get listed at 6 foot many times, guys at 6 foot at 6' 2", guys thin at heavier weights, guys big at lighter weights, especially in college reports, why the combine is so diligent at putting these guys thru every measurement they can think off. Trying to find the truth, even then it can be leaked incorrectly or kept quiet so people don't get any inside info if a team is interested.

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2nw2clgz said:
RamzFanz":2nw2clgz said:

It's not me. I haven't been to camp.

NFL.com analyst Daniel Jeremiah was and he said Tavon Austin "easily could surpass" 70 receptions as a rookie.

NFL.com analyst Mike Mayock also took a trip to Rams camp and said "I watched all of his tape, I saw him in person at his pro day. He might be the most explosive player I've ever seen in my life, from a static start to full speed," "He's almost impossible to cover in short spaces. So the ways you can use this are basically only constrained by the imagination of your offensive coordinator." "he catches everything, he's tough, he's smart, and I think he's a guy that Sam Bradford already trusts."

Sports Illustrated's Peter King says he has "not seen a better offensive weapon" this summer than Jared Cook.

I could go on and on and on. These aren't homers.