Surprise rival for seahawks...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":174nqj2n said:
If anything, Atlanta looks to have a better team than anyone in our division if their defense can step up.
Okay, now this is ridiculous. Atlanta was and is an 11-5 team that overperformed last year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Telling Seahawks fans they look foolish on their own forum is definitely a recipe for quality discussion, mr.stlouis. Particularly when their rookie QB won a playoff game and went 11-5, and things are only looking up.

If you want to actually stay around here, stop being such a homer and expecting the Seahawks to tank when zero signs point toward that happening. What, losing Harvin dooms us? We did very well last year without him.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":3opeisrg said:
I understand the animosity towards the Rams. You guys are scared and with good reason. I'll bet this much, my Rams have you more worried than the Niners/Seahawks worry me. At least the Rams aren't missing any starters. Not to mention the Rams have the most athletic team in this division. I'm sure you will feel overwhelmed with sorrow when you see the Rams this season as your "deep payoff" dreams begin to develope cracks.

It's not gonna be your year, again, Niners/Seahawks. Drop the blatantly overconfident comments, you look foolish.

If anything, Atlanta looks to have a better team than anyone in our division if their defense can step up.

Cmon man now your getting way too blatant. You were actually doing a decent job trolling and youve just gone and ruined your entire days's work (Because I assume you dont have a real job this is your work)

2/10 trolling job. Better luck next time.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
GSOT ll

No Rams fan should ever utter those words or that acronym. It's disrespectful to the historical significance of going from worst to first when the odds were 200-1 against you (actual vegas odds).

In comparison, this season is only 40-1 odds to win the Super Bowl. That's how much more this team is respected vs the GSOT.

This Rams team is the beginning of something uniquely special. I call it FSOT - Fastest Show On Turf - because it is. BOTH sides of the ball are uniquely fast. INTENTIONALLY fast.

Will we see offensive passing fireworks? We better hope so since that's where all the money went.

Will it be GSOT? NO! Nothing can be.

What it could (and dare I say "will") be is JUST AS COOL but in a different way. POWERFUL defense coupled with a fast paced, unpredictable, and FAST player offense that breaks the NFCW mold.

If we only wanted to do what the Hawks and Niners were doing, we would come in third.

EMBRACE the pass first offence because that is what the Rams could do best in the division. Unless, of course, you feel Richardson or Pead or Stacey or Gannaway is better than Lynch or Gore. AND, at the same time, we have a better D than Hawks or Niners.

If I'm wrong, and we aren't pass first, we've already lost the division. Rams CAN'T out run them and they CAN'T out D them. They CAN put one hell of a D on the field and destroy their secondary with the fastest passing game in a hurry up offense.

If your heart is set on being a big D first and run first team like them, we've already lost. Emulation may be the purest form of flattery, but it's no way to win a division when they do it better!

BOOKMARK THIS THREAD. MARK MY WORDS. HOLD ME TO THEM.

Shotty is lying (good for him). Fisher is Lying (good for him). The media is being sucked in (good for the Rams)! This is NOT a run first team hoping to win anything. They bet the entire house on the pass. Fisher came here for the pass. It WILL BE a pass first team.

LET IT BE WRITTEN, LET IT BE SO

RamzFanz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1gvkyeqv said:
Telling Seahawks fans they look foolish on their own forum is definitely a recipe for quality discussion, mr.stlouis. Particularly when their rookie QB won a playoff game and went 11-5, and things are only looking up.

If you want to actually stay around here, stop being such a homer and expecting the Seahawks to tank when zero signs point toward that happening. What, losing Harvin dooms us? We did very well last year without him.

As a Rams fan, I agree.

The Hawks are by far the strongest proven team in the NFCW.

HOWEVER, the Rams are presenting the same dominating D (sack masters) with additional top tier D prospects AND an offense none of us has ever seen. And, by all accounts, it's looking awesome. Fast, consistent in their catching, and yards after the catch we haven't seen since Holt.

It COULD be all smoke, but when we are talking about 8 players, I doubt it. They only need 3-4 of them to pan out to be far superior to last season.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3uo00oz6 said:
Seriously RamzFanz, stop spamming the same big reply across multiple threads before you get banned.

Sorry dude. It was just two threads and they wrere both Rams related.

Respect.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RamzFanz":r7ke39pm said:
HOWEVER, the Rams are presenting the same dominating D (sack masters) with additional top tier D prospects AND an offense none of us has ever seen. And, by all accounts, it's looking awesome. Fast, consistent in their catching, and yards after the catch we haven't seen since Holt.

It COULD be all smoke, but when we are talking about 8 players, I doubt it. They only need 3-4 of them to pan out to be far superior to last season.

You won't find a person on this forum that doesn't think your D-line is one of the top units in the NFL. I've personally said that at least 5 times in the past six months around here. I'll be curious to see how Bradford performs this year, now that he's got some decent receiving weaponry, and his O-line isn't bad. Really, combined with a very good defense, there's no excuse for him not to put up good, solid numbers for the year if he is who you think he is.

RedAlice

Reaction score
If you want to be honest about Rams camp this week, it is kind of like our games. One day sucked bad for the O, and the next day they looked good.

That is per Fisher.

There is a lot to be excited about this year. Yes, we could play perfect and have the luck fall our way and rock every game. But realistically, we are a team with a lot of hot young talent about to learn how to play and become good together against a tough division and some tough road games. Lots to look forward to....nothing to brag about yet in my perspective. You have to earn that.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RedAlice":3u6htcyg said:
If you want to be honest about Rams camp this week, it is kind of like our games. One day sucked bad for the O, and the next day they looked good.

That is per Fisher.

There is a lot to be excited about this year. Yes, we could play perfect and have the luck fall our way and rock every game. But realistically, we are a team with a lot of hot young talent about to learn how to play and become good together against a tough division and some tough road games. Lots to look forward to....nothing to brag about yet in my perspective. You have to earn that.

Nice post Red,

I have been reading this thread and can't help but get out a few chuckles. Haven't really seen or been exposed to to many Rams fans in recent years so I gotta say I am pretty surprised/amused at a couple of the posters repping your team in here. I actually feel sorry for fans like yourself and avenger who seem to be level headed and interested in actual conversation about the current events and upcoming season. The others are so ridiculous you can't possibly take them seriously as they come across as being straight out of the loony ben. Unfortunately those types give your entire fan base a bad rap and cause fans of other teams to hope you fail so those types will slide back into their troll hole.

Do you think they have any clue how stupid they really look?

Anyway, I have been saying for a while I believe you will sweep the Niners. Partly because I expect your team to be improved from last year while the Niners have digressed but also because I believe you are built to expose the Niners offense and the Niners are not built to stop guys like Austin. I don't expect your team to be to dynamic yet because the running game won't be explosive enough and the experience level just isn't there yet but next year with the extra first round picks and Fisher knowing the importance of a good RB plus more experience and time for units to gel, you could be dangerous.

Good luck, I will be watching.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1dzmnw2t said:
RedAlice":1dzmnw2t said:

That is per Fisher.

Nice post Red,

I have been reading this thread and can't help but get out a few chuckles. Haven't really seen or been exposed to to many Rams fans in recent years so I gotta say I am pretty surprised/amused at a couple of the posters repping your team in here. I actually feel sorry for fans like yourself and avenger who seem to be level headed and interested in actual conversation about the current events and upcoming season. The others are so ridiculous you can't possibly take them seriously as they come across as being straight out of the loony ben. Unfortunately those types give your entire fan base a bad rap and cause fans of other teams to hope you fail so those types will slide back into their troll hole.

Do you think they have any clue how stupid they really look?

Anyway, I have been saying for a while I believe you will sweep the Niners. Partly because I expect your team to be improved from last year while the Niners have digressed but also because I believe you are built to expose the Niners offense and the Niners are not built to stop guys like Austin. I don't expect your team to be to dynamic yet because the running game won't be explosive enough and the experience level just isn't there yet but next year with the extra first round picks and Fisher knowing the importance of a good RB plus more experience and time for units to gel, you could be dangerous.

Good luck, I will be watching.

I think you're in for a shock. Honestly and with all sincerity setting all previous homer claims aside. Fisher / Snead aren't building a 2014 or 2015 team. They have already built a 2013 team.

Is the running game suspect? Sure. However, Richardson had more YPC than SJ39 and many longer runs. He also has very good hands. Add in Tavon Austin from the back field on occasion, an improved O line making holes for once, and several talented (but unproven) bruiser backs behind Richardson and it is POSSIBLE you may be wrong about the running game. You may also want to consider that with the new depth of very fast talent in the passing game, you won't be able to stack the box against the Rams this season and that will also help the running game significantly.

The passing game is unproven. That's true. But if you were going to field a team that was ready to shock the NFL in passing, this would be it. The speed is amazing. The variety of skill types is amazing. The hands are amazing. The play schemes possible are endless. The energy and confidence coming out of camp hasn't been seen here for a long long time.

When several of your receivers can beat one of the best corner tandems in the NFL consistently, you know you're on the right track.

I bet the Rams send 3-4 skill players to the pro-bowl this season. I bet Bradford and Givens will both be included.

sutz

Reaction score
When several of your receivers can beat one of the best corner tandems in the NFL consistently, you know you're on the right track.

Yeah, when they actually do that on the field, get back with us.

:snack:

Sac

Reaction score
RamzFanz":rsugd33x said:
I bet Bradford and Givens will both be included.

Yeah...With Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Papaki and Wilson all in the NFC, Bradford will make the Pro Bowl. You're dreaming.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1tx9yipn said:
RamzFanz":1tx9yipn said:
I bet Bradford and Givens will both be included.

Yeah...With Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Papaki and Wilson all in the NFC, Bradford will make the Pro Bowl. You're dreaming.

Maybe so, maybe so.

When the O line was relatiely healthy the last 8 games last season with few weapons, Bradford had a 102 QB rating in the RZ. Better than Manning and Ryan.

If the O line stays healthy and the new O is what they are sure it is, you may be very surprised.

Game one preseason he has 148 QB rating. Let's see if he can keep that up.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
sutz":2l6pr2v8 said:

Yeah, when they actually do that on the field, get back with us.

:snack:

They will and I will.

Good luck Hawks fans and remember kids, you're never too young to hate the Niners!