2013-14 EPL Season

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1wt2yyl6 said:
So....Thisisanfield.com are saying that Suarez has told Uruguayan reporters that he will be staying at Liverpool and signing a new contract.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

So... we're to believe a Liverpool site that appears to have zero connection with the club other than being an independent supporters site and a random reporter. I still think he'll be gone by the transfer deadline, I did hear that the German version of caughtoffside(we all know how reliable those bozos are) is claiming that Bayern Munich are reviving their interest in Suarez.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Suarez will either stay or go to Madrid. Most likely the former. If Liverpool can get William or someone similar and hold on to Suarez they will be very, very good. If they sell Suarez to Arsenal it will really boost Arsenal and hurt Liverpool's chance of CL qualification. There is a 0% chance it's going to happen.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":27lr8wfe said:
peachesenregalia":27lr8wfe said:
So....Thisisanfield.com are saying that Suarez has told Uruguayan reporters that he will be staying at Liverpool and signing a new contract.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

So... we're to believe a Liverpool site that appears to have zero connection with the club other than being an independent supporters site and a random reporter. I still think he'll be gone by the transfer deadline, I did hear that the German version of caughtoffside(we all know how reliable those bozos are) is claiming that Bayern Munich are reviving their interest in Suarez.

Oh Gate. How Arsenals window going? Sign anyone yet?

You would believe the same Uruguayan press that started the whole saga. Not that random. Either way its the backtracking we all expected...
He wants to stay because of fan support (his words.... Oh the irony) and may sign a new contract (which in sure this time would actually contain a release clause)

Willian Sahko Sequidero... Come on John Henry

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2e5nr9yo said:
Oh, and SkySports are reporting it also.

Hard lines, Gate.

Okay let me raise you one reliable Japan media outlet and the BBC are reporting that Suarez has denied those other reports.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Sky Sports Germany is claiming Arsenal are on the verge of signing Bayern Munich midfielder Luis Gustavo and they might complete it before the season opener on Saturday.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":nnu9i92p said:
Gatehawk":nnu9i92p said:
peachesenregalia":nnu9i92p said:
Oh, and SkySports are reporting it also.

Hard lines, Gate.

Okay let me raise you one reliable Japan media outlet and the BBC are reporting that Suarez has denied those other reports.

Ok....when you say 'the BBC', are you meaning the actual BBC or that stupid twitter account you linked me to that time? Because the two are very different. Suarez definitely said he's staying, now Kolo Toure has come out and talked about what a lift it is for the other players.

Arsenal's persuit of Suarez is over. I imagine he WILL sign a new contract, this time with a proper release clause in it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23695857
I know it isn't that long of an article so shut up.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I should probably point out that should Arsenal fail in their pursuit of Suarez they appear to have a back up plan involving either Edin Dzeko or Michu.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":9fcosp8p said:
Sky Sports Germany is claiming Arsenal are on the verge of signing Bayern Munich midfielder Luis Gustavo and they might complete it before the season opener on Saturday.

[/url]http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/499121/20130814/luiz-gustavo-bayern-munich-arsenal-wolfsburg.htm 15 more where that came from by the way... too funny

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3r28pz3k said:
Gatehawk":3r28pz3k said:

[/url]http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/499121/20130814/luiz-gustavo-bayern-munich-arsenal-wolfsburg.htm 15 more where that came from by t...ming Arsenal, and another is claiming Napoli.

Smurf

Reaction score
The sounders have spent more than arsenal....that to me is hilarious....

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":39d2bffx said:
The facts remain, Gate, that Suarez is still a Liverpool player, and that Arse-nal have signed no-one this window.

Thank you captain obvious. Honestly, I'm convinced Arsenal do have money and want to spend it, the problem this time is nobody wants to sell their players to Arsenal. The reasons going through my mind is A) a slight fear that selling anyone decent to Arsenal could cause the Gunners to become a true powerhouse again, and B) Those same clubs want to leave Arsenal with that paper thin squad they've got due to the clear out.

I highly doubt Arsenal are just gonna not sign anyone by September 2nd, doing that would be just as crazy as selling a key player after that massive clearing the Gunners did over the past month and a half or so. I feel Arsenal can challenge for a trophy easily this year with how impressive they've been in the preseason, but they have to make some signing(screw weather the player signed are World Class or not) otherwise that depth is just gonna be insanely poor, worse if injuries start popping up in those thin areas.

McG

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":5poy35el said:
Meanwhile, Mikel Arteta looks to be 6 weeks out. That's a big blow for Arsenal if you ask me.

Arteta is very underrated, I agree completely that is a huge shot in the gut of their midfield.

For me to call the league is too early. I wish the transfer window would end before the start of the season, so they could be in training for a month. It should end at the start of August, but whatever. Arsenal has really dropped the ball this window and better scramble to pick up some players soon, not that I really care I'm not a supporter, but I do wish them luck.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":kvkdohr9 said:
Umm....do you pay attention to ANYTHING, united? a front three of Willian, Suarez and Sturridge would dominate the league. Who have United got? RVP and a declining, unsettled Rooney. That's it.

Lucas and Gerrard behind. Allen as pas Henderson sterling borini skrtel off the bench.

Definitely challenging top 4

But..... Long ways from landing Willian. Here's to hope

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Umm....do you pay attention to ANYTHING, united? a front three of Willian, Suarez and Sturridge would dominate the league. Who have United got? RVP and a declining, unsettled Rooney. That's it.

Willian haven't been signed yet as far as I know. Rooney will be fine if he stays and RVP is a beast. I am thinking a big year for the youngsters at the club as well. Transfer window hasn't been closed yet, there are still signing to be made.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
United looked shite all preseason. Moyes is no Fergie. RVP is a beast when healthy, but if he goes down United look very short on attacking options, and that midfield is a joke at this point.

Liverpool are in advanced talks for Willian. I'm not counting any chickens yet, what I'm saying is IF we land Willian, we'll be looking at a top-4 finish.

United will be just fine. Everton will finish higher than Liverpool in the standings.