Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

rjdriver

Reaction score
seahawks08":9kky26so said:
I have a question for .NETTers traveling from Seattle. Is renting a car from Houston airport makes more sense, or taking a cab? I want to keep my costs low and still haven't booked my tickets yet, but I am trying to budget everything and see if I can join all of you!

Sharing a cab sounds ideal. Especially if we could get 4 of us. I also want to not have to worry about driving that weekend so I can enjoy myself to the fullest.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am hoping this is the thread to find all the information about rather than PM'ing individuals to figure things out. It will be nice if we have a consolidated list somewhere so that we can plan things like sharing a cab from and to the airport in Houston and probably sections of seats that are already booked rather figuring out from the thread. Is it something that seems possible? That would make it so much more easier for people like me who have not yet made the reservations but so want to go. I was so close to making all the arrangement early July but had to rush to India as I lost my dad. So just back and on the fence, but a trip like this would definitely take my mind off for a while.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
seahawks08":1s85jlab said:
I am hoping this is the thread to find all the information about rather than PM'ing individuals to figure things out. It will be nice if we have a consolidated list somewhere so that we can plan things like sharing a cab from and to the airport in Houston and probably sections of seats that are already booked rather figuring out from the thread. Is it something that seems possible? That would make it so much more easier for people like me who have not yet made the reservations but so want to go. I was so close to making all the arrangement early July but had to rush to India as I lost my dad. So just back and on the fence, but a trip like this would definitely take my mind off for a while.

Sorry to hear about your dad. My heart goes out to you in such a tough time. Hope you're able to make the trip. It's looking like it will be quite the gathering of Hawks fans.

rjdriver

Reaction score
seahawks08":1lulbhdf said:

I'm so sorry about your father. My condolences. Whatever we can do to facilitate this trip and make it easy for you, please let us know. Might be therapeutic to get away for a bit. My thought and prayers to you brother!

pmedic920

Reaction score
seahawks08":2rg3pn72 said:
I have a question for .NETTers traveling from Seattle. Is renting a car from Houston airport makes more sense, or taking a cab? I want to keep my costs low and still haven't booked my tickets yet, but I am trying to budget everything and see if I can join all of you!
I am not traveling from Seattle, I live in the Houston area. Here is my two cents. If you only plan on zipping in for the game and zipping home after the game, a cab would be cheaper than a rental. But build in extra time, sometimes cabs are easy and fast, other times not so much. You should read this entire thread if you haven't already done so. There are at least two good hotels basically in the stadium parking lot, several others just a block or two away. If you have other ?? About the Houston area you can PM myself or HoustonHawk. Good Luck. GO HAWKS.

pmedic920

Reaction score
In light of the NEW NFL bag policy. What is the plan if any, on getting 12 flags into Reliant center? Is it still possible ? Is it worth the risk of getting thrown out of the game ? I sure would like to see a bunch of em, but don't want anybody getting booted over it. THOUGHTS?

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
pmedic920":33uoqpc7 said:
In light of the NEW NFL bag policy. What is the plan if any, on getting 12 flags into Reliant center? Is it still possible ? Is it worth the risk of getting thrown out of the game ? I sure would like to see a bunch of em, but don't want anybody getting booted over it. THOUGHTS?
There is policy against bringing a flag, that I am aware of. I will wear it in as a gawddamn skirt, if necessary.

grizbob

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1d34g4pp said:
pmedic920":1d34g4pp said:
There is policy against bringing a flag, that I am aware of. I will wear it in as a gawddamn skirt, if necessary.

If that happens I demand that there be pictures :D :th2thumbs:

pmedic920

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1qgan7f7 said:
pmedic920":1qgan7f7 said:
I hear you loud and clear bro. I was reading the NEW nfl policy and it sounds like getting a flag in will be tough, unless it fits in stupid lil clear bag.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Just an update here. The new video boards at Reliant center are being unveiled tonight. They are being billed as the largest in any sports venue in the world. I just have to say in your face, Jerry Jones.

A

Anonymous

I am truly getting stoked for this. I mean, it is the essence of pure anticipatory delight.

Going to this game is going to be like the feeling you got as a 16 year-old, when that hot girl called you up and said, "Hey, c'mon over, my parents just left for the weekend, I'm ready to... well... you know...".

seahawks08

Reaction score
Thank you all for your wishes on losing my dad, its really comforting. I finally booked tickets for the flight and game today, flying in from Seattle. I got the game tickets from Ticket Master, they had some 300 level single seats for face value $253 for one ticket(section 341), so just picked it up. Looking forward to meeting all of you and please keep all of us posted as we get closer. Also PM me if anyone is arriving/departing around the same time, I am at the airport. We can either share a cab or make transportation arrangements.

pmedic920

Reaction score
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376694938.235409.jpg[/attachment.just sayin

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376694938.235409.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376694938.235409.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 683

Tivopaul

Reaction score
I'm going to try to make it. I booked a flight that arrives into IAH at 440PM....and another (the only Alaska direct flight) that leaves the day of game at 535PM. The game starts at noon and runs about 3.5 hours.

Anyone familiar w/ distance from Reliant to IAH? Can I jump in a cab after the game and be at the airport in an hour?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Tivopaul":2jjmkkha said:
I'm going to try to make it. I booked a flight that arrives into IAH at 440PM....and another (the only Alaska direct flight) that leaves the day of game at 535PM. The game starts at noon and runs about 3.5 hours.

Anyone familiar w/ distance from Reliant to IAH? Can I jump in a cab after the game and be at the airport in an hour?
provided that you don't have to wait long for a cab, and there are no traffic issues. 1 hr is enough time. I myself would want more time. What if it's an overtime game. I'd hate to spend that kind of money and have to split before the end. Either way it's going to be an awesome good time. GO HAWKS.

Subzero717

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1fo71wzl said:
I am truly getting stoked for this. I mean, it is the essence of pure anticipatory delight.

Going to this game is going to be like the feeling you got as a 16 year-old, when that hot girl called you up and said, "Hey, c'mon over, my parents just left for the weekend, I'm ready to... well... you know...".

After I've heard you talk about your skills between the sheets I'm equally excited.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I booked United leaving 5:50 am Saturday and back the flight is leaving at 9 PM from Houston. They are direct flights, booked directly from the site. Cost me 300 dollars Round Trip. Just sharing if there are more who are waiting.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm out...got a baby coming...so have to prioritize a bit.