NFL Sunday Ticket Deal For Out Of State Fans W/o Direct TV

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1inuhaow said:
This deal is not VALID for the PS3 app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only for Mobile , Tablet , or PC apps !!!

I ordered this deal about 3 months ago because I am a DirecTV owner - But without direcTV its not a great deal. Because you will need to SUBSCRIBE!

SMH....You DO NOT NEED Direct TV

taz291819

Reaction score
"Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket max at no additional charge."

Why is the word "trial" in there, and what does that mean?

I know Directv offers a trial on NFL ST, and that trial is for the first week, and first week only.

While I don't play Madden, don't own a PS3, and already subscribe to NFL-ST via Directv, if I were ya'll, I'd ask EA what "trial" means. Sounds like a marketing ploy to me.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
why would 17 weeks be a trial..? That is a full season...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is not that complicated.

The package comes with a code to view Sunday Ticket on tablets and mobile devices. It ALSO includes a code to get $10 for people who can get Direct TV.

They are 2 separate things and you get both.

You will be able to just get the Sunday Ticket package on your mobile devices if that is all you choose to do, no DirecTV required (and whether you CAN get it or not).

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

I don't have DirecTV service, but I'd like to sign up. What offers are available to me?

In addition to access to the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices, the Anniversary Edition includes an exclusive promotional code. When redeemed, this offers a $10 discount per month for the first year of service, in addition to NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge. This includes HD viewing on your TV of every NFL game, up to eight games at once on the Mix Channel, and more.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":5qlpdp67 said:
Dont fall for it.

You can only get the w/o direct tv version if you cant physically get direct tv where you are at.

Otherwise, you get a coupon that gets you Sunday Ticket for free with your normal Direct TV account. Which is still a good deal. But if you dont have direct tv, and dont want it, this will only work if you CANT get direct tv.
So, where my home is at, I am physically unable to receive DirecTV due to trees (not able to cut them down) that interfere with the Sat reception. Who do I contact to get the NFL Sunday Ticket service??

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2kdbt3m0 said:
Cartire":2kdbt3m0 said:
Dont fall for it.

You can only get the w/o direct tv version if you cant physically get direct tv where you are at.

Otherwise, you get a coupon that gets you Sunday Ticket for free with your normal Direct TV account. Which is still a good deal. But if you dont have direct tv, and dont want it, this will only work if you CANT get direct tv.
So, where my home is at, I am physically unable to receive DirecTV due to trees (not able to cut them down) that interfere with the Sat reception. Who do I contact to get the NFL Sunday Ticket service??

Order the 25th anniversary Madden video game for $99 from Amazon you will be given a code...

emurri

Reaction score
I am surprised that Direct TV would allow anything like this to happen because of how much they paid to get the exclusive rights to the package. It does sound like people have researched this enough to know if it will work or not.

I have Direct TV and get SNFLT every year. I would tell anybody that is thinking about getting SNFLT to negotiate with Direct TV. I do every year and this is the first year I have had to pay anything in the past four years and this year they dropped the price to $99.00. They are great about giving deals.

taz291819

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1usocjn0 said:

It doesn't say you get it for 17 weeks, the 17 weeks was in "()", which is how long it normally lasts. My curiosity is about the choice of the word "trial", which they used.

I personally don't care, and I hope all of you get the full season. I would just want a little more clarification on why it says "trial".

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
taz291819":1xmcg9nc said:
dopeboy206":1xmcg9nc said:

It doesn't say you get it for 17 weeks, the 17 weeks was in "()", which is how long it normally lasts. My curiosity is about the choice of the word "trial", which they used.

I personally don't care, and I hope all of you get the full season. I would just want a little more clarification on why it says "trial".

Is this clear enough...?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

^^^You notice it says full regular season.

seabowl

Reaction score
This is the year 2013. Why can't the NFL just open the ticket up to all outlets and charge a seasonal price that gets them the money they want and gives the product to the people that want it. Just ridiculous that people who don't want Direct TV such as myself have to go through hoops to see the Hawk games.

taz291819

Reaction score
Read it directly from Amazon, as it's their deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniversar ... B00CF7KVMI

Notice how your post didn't have the word "trial" in it? That's the only thing I'd be cautious of.

Now, from what I've read, with folks talking to Directv, you actually do get the entire season. I hope ya'll do.

It is weird that you can't stream it from the PS3 though, only available on PC's, smartphones, and tablets.

EDIT:

Did a bit more research, and the use of the word "trial" is becoming clear. The NFL and Directv agreed upon a "trial" program of streaming games, through 2014. I believe that's why the word is used.

emurri

Reaction score
seabowl":1o99i6do said:
This is the year 2013. Why can't the NFL just open the ticket up to all outlets and charge a seasonal price that gets them the money they want and gives the product to the people that want it. Just ridiculous that people who don't want Direct TV such as myself have to go through hoops to see the Hawk games.

Because Direct TV paid the NFL about 4 billion dollars for the rights. But I do think once the deal is over with Direct TV you will see something similar to what you are talking about.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
seabowl":324blllk said:

You don't need direct tv for this bro. All u need is a tablet, ipad or so and hook it up to your tv and bam you will get all the games on sunday...

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I can't find the article but I read about it before I pre-ordered it back in March . You absolutely NEED DirecTV .

Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional

That was copy and pasted from amazon

Madden 25 - 65$
DirecTV - 250$

amazon is selling both for 99$.

Sometimes when things are too good to be true -they are exactly that.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2f6bgyti said:
I can't find the article but I read about it before I pre-ordered it back in March . You absolutely NEED DirecTV .

Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional

Madden 25 - 65$
DirecTV - 250$

You missed this part, straight from Amazon:

You only need DirecTV if you want to watch straight through your TV or on PS3. Otherwise you can just use the code they give you to access NFL games on your mobile device or computer.

Greenhell

Reaction score
emurri":1hgduorb said:
I am surprised that Direct TV would allow anything like this to happen because of how much they paid to get the exclusive rights to the package. It does sound like people have researched this enough to know if it will work or not.

I have Direct TV and get SNFLT every year. I would tell anybody that is thinking about getting SNFLT to negotiate with Direct TV. I do every year and this is the first year I have had to pay anything in the past four years and this year they dropped the price to $99.00. They are great about giving deals.

Tell me more how you got the ST free? I've been getting the ST going on 10 years and always paid full price. After almost 10 years, I want it free or discounted!

emurri

Reaction score
Greenhell":1k92quuc said:
emurri":1k92quuc said:

Tell me more how you got the ST free? I've been getting the ST going on 10 years and always paid full price. After almost 10 years, I want it free or discounted!

Just call and tell them that you have been a loyal customer for so many years and all these new customers are getting ST for free and you want it for free as well. They will have you agree to keep Direct TV for a year and give you ST for free.

emurri

Reaction score
emurri":3tb9khpn said:
Greenhell":3tb9khpn said:
emurri":3tb9khpn said:

Just call and tell them that you have been a loyal customer for so many years and all these new customers are getting ST for free and you want it for free as well. They will have you agree to keep Direct TV for a year and give you ST for free.

And while you are at it, have them drop your bill by $20 a month. They do that every year as well. Just tell them your bill is to high. Let me know how it goes.

cacksman

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1zndhb4h said:

Madden 25 - 65$
DirecTV - 250$

You forgot the :sarcasm_off: sign. No one is this clueless.

grizbob

Reaction score
I've read this entire thread and the only thing I know for sure is I'm damned glad I bit the bullet and switched to Directv and bought the ticket :D :th2thumbs: If this season is half as good as it should be it's money well spent :thirishdrinkers: