What's something a 49er fan doesn't know about the hawks?

GoHawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ipkz9mz said:
Few people know that Breno likes long walks on the beach, sipping pina colada's in the rain and the smooth jazz stylings of Kenny G.

Post of the day! . . .

TaterHawk

Reaction score
Welcome, and glad you asked.

# 12 is the problem for SF. These fans know when the other team needs to communicate and they make it impossible. Add that # 12 will be trying to set a noise record on the 15th , and that we know how important the SF game is. Last year was bad here for SF. This year these nuts in Seattle smell Championship. We have fans that actually do research to get in players heads at the tunnel. Your Safety got suspended from school in 4th grade?…12 will have a chat with him about it.

These teams could be considered even match, but not at Seattle. Our D gets a huge jump, and the visiting QB can’t audible. Tickets for the SF game are going for 2-3 times other game tickets not because they expect a great game to watch etc. Our fans actually want to be involved. They are not going to cheer the team. 70 thousand people will be there just to yell at SF.

In SF it’s going to be a good matchup this year. In Seattle hope for some early ‘trick’ type plays from your team and a hasty exit with their ass intact.

Really it’s that bad

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The TE situation could be a weakness if Miller isn't full strength. We're relying on some younger guys with little experience should our #1 TE be out for any time with an injury (as he has been for a bit).

On the other hand, our Red Zone offense this year will be stellar; that is, if we don't score most of our TDs from further out...

sutz

Reaction score
Raptor12":4ez0s0il said:
mikeak":4ez0s0il said:
That we will beat the 49ers three times this year

Incorrect...We'll beat The Rams 3 times. Niners twice... :49ersmall:
I see what you did there.

:mrgreen:

zhawk

Reaction score
SF-Wald":19ov9jgc said:
This isn't a trash talk thread. I am a big 49er fan but I'm not blinded by homerism. I respect the Hawks' talent and look forward to a battle for the division crown.
On that note I know an Ok amount about the seahawks (starting players, great addition of talent by PC and JS after exodus of many players, ect) but I do not have an in depth knowledge of the team.
What are some things that a niner fan should know about the hawks? What are some misconceptions? Who are some unheralded players to date that will break out? Overrated/underrated players? Any insight into the Hawks offensive and defensive schemes, ect....

Finally, if you have some questions about the 49ers (idk if you will) but I'd be more than happy to civilly and honestly discuss the team.

is this coach harbaugh? :stirthepot:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seattle's defense looks like it's going to be a pretty significant scheme change. I'm half wondering if it's not tailored to counter the niners strength in it's interior OL.

Seattle is incredibly deep. During the draft there were plenty of outside pundits who thought we'd move up in the draft because we have so few apparent openings on the roster. But it looks likely that we'll keep 7 rookies on this team. Michael, Hill, Williams, Willson, Bailey looks solid to make the 53. Simon, Ware and Bowie may be attempted to sneak on the practice squad. We are pretty much 7 deep in starter quality DBs. We're going to cut one that will start at some point for whatever team picks him up.

I'm actually glad we are playing SF at home early and at the stick late. Because if injuries are consistent and similar, our depth is going to trump pretty much every team in the league. And by December, those rookies we keep are going to have experience because we liberally let guys get in the game throughout the season. It's a philosophical difference between the teams that I believe will benefit Seattle significantly especially if SF remains so stingy in spreading their reps around as they did last season.

rideaducati

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3sopelrz said:
Russell Wilson is not a running QB; he's a QB who happens to run sometimes. I've heard a lot of talk about "Keep RW in the pocket and he'll struggle." It's a common misconception, but he actually had a higher percentage and more TD's in the pocket.

I guess it's similar to the "Kaep is a one-read QB" belief.

Kaep IS a "one read" qb.

gargantual

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":iipeal8b said:
I'm actually glad we are playing SF at home early and at the stick late. Because if injuries are consistent and similar, our depth is going to trump pretty much every team in the league. And by December, those rookies we keep are going to have experience because we liberally let guys get in the game throughout the season. It's a philosophical difference between the teams that I believe will benefit Seattle significantly especially if SF remains so stingy in spreading their reps around as they did last season.
I think their GM has mentioned or at least hinted about addressing this issue, specifically with their D-Line. I think it will still be an issue for them this year (and therefore an advantage for us :) ), even if they start changing that, since it takes a while for philosophical changes to start taking effect.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tbq8r8gj said:
E.C. Laloosh":tbq8r8gj said:
Sgt. Largent":tbq8r8gj said:
Few people know that Breno likes long walks on the beach, sipping pina colada's in the rain and the smooth jazz stylings of Kenny G.

Be honest, is this why you and the wife split? :sarcasm_off:

No, my wife kept complaining about me not respecting her privacy. She didn't tell me that directly, but that's what she keeps scribbling in her diary.

That, and when she threatened to cut him off he responded "You can't, you don't know where I'm gettin' it!"