Lets NOT talk mariners

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Its been a been a broken record for quite a bit, no need to revisit them until they are relevant.

Throwdown

Reaction score
You said no need to revisit them until they're relevant again, it ain't gonna happen.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Throwdown":2t2hmegh said:
You said no need to revisit them until they're relevant again, it ain't gonna happen.

Any Ms fan that is honest with themselves would have to agree.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Don't even start you bums. I know it's hard to be a mariners fan but for the die hards we will always hope the big turn is just around the next corner. As any of us would be for the hawks if they sucked.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Ownership is the biggest difference. PA doesn't like losing and does everything in his power to prevent it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":3rpjzse9 said:
Don't even start you bums. I know it's hard to be a mariners fan but for the die hards we will always hope the big turn is just around the next corner. As any of us would be for the hawks if they sucked.

Hawks never stood in the way of the Sports Scene taking 8 steps forward after falling 5 steps back a few years ago. Hawks deserve the love they have earned, M's? Not so much.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Throwdown":2isjg9ml said:
425HawkSpark":2isjg9ml said:

Hawks never stood in the way of the Sports Scene taking 8 steps forward after falling 5 steps back a few years ago. Hawks deserve the love they have earned, M's? Not so much.

I never understood the "need" to get behind an inferior product. Only in sports are you supposed to be stoked about a garbage product. Ya man, I know this bread is always stale, but screw you man, I'm a true blue fan! I'm going to eat this nasty bread like a boss, you just watch me!

Really though, I have a crazy amount of respect for folks who haven't given up on the Marners, wait Milners, wait, what the heck is that teams name again?

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I'm a diehard M's fan and will always be interested in talking Mariners. Seahawks fans suffered through the 90's, I can suffer through this. They'll be relevant again, can't guarantee it'll be in my lifetime (I'm still in my early 20's), but it'll happen someday. Hopefully.

jkitsune

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3r63qutg said:
Ownership is the biggest difference. PA doesn't like losing and does everything in his power to prevent it.
Because Behring was so committed to winning.

jkitsune

Reaction score
No. But he did, and to anyone who cites poor ownership as a valid reason for abandoning their home team (the Mariners), I can only assume that they would have bailed on the Seahawks during the Behring years. If they didn't, then I wonder why the inconsistency?

Trrrroy

Reaction score
The whole "the M's ownership doesn't care about winning" argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Up until the end of the Bavasi years they made sure the M's were consistently top 10 in payroll. You don't invest that much money into a team if you don't care about winning. Sure, they care about profits but winning equals profits. They know that, everyone knows that. They aren't dumb, they want to field a winning team if only to increase the teams profitability.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
They tried to sabotage my Sonics so screw them until Lincoln and Co. is gone. I'll always silently root for the team but the FO gets nothing from me.

Throwdown

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2frdw9qy said:
They tried to sabotage my Sonics so screw them until Lincoln and Co. is gone. I'll always silently root for the team but the FO gets nothing from me.

Pretty much, I'll watch the standings, but I won't watch or go to the games.

I don't even know the team outside of Ackley and Hernandez.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
That's a legit reason to hate the M's ownership.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Trrrroy":sdh1mjot said:
The whole "the M's ownership doesn't care about winning" argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Up until the end of the Bavasi years they made sure the M's were consistently top 10 in payroll. You don't invest that much money into a team if you don't care about winning. Sure, they care about profits but winning equals profits. They know that, everyone knows that. They aren't dumb, they want to field a winning team if only to increase the teams profitability.
That's debateable. They want to win at THEIR price and THEIR terms period, and not a penny more. Where was that "winning attitude" when Lou wanted another bat, when Seattle was on the cusp of going to the World Series in 2001, not to be found as the m's wallet was slammed shut right in their managers face.

Do you think the M's past 10 years of general suck was just dumb luck?????

Nope, it was inept ownership and an inept upper front office, see Chuck Armstrong and Howard Lincoln in particular! To believe otherwise is naive at best!