Rams Preview: Don't Say We Didn't Warn You

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I thought those trolls gave up or got shown the door. lol. That one seemed to be high on the Ogletree and the new safety bandwagon though. I hear they didn't impress.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Rams to the playoffs over us? Not gonna happen. If our last preseason game is the rule and not the exception (and I am pretty sure it is), by the time the regular season begins OUR Bradford will already be a better player at his position than your Bradford is at his.

And saying that about a starting QB VS a backup (only because our depth is so great) LB, well, good luck with your chances st.louis...

mretrade

Reaction score
I am starting to think the Cardinals will finish ahead of the Rams for third in the division. The Cardinals first team offense looked pretty dam good in their preseason game and I think Bruce Arians is a good coach. They could surprise people this year.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
mretrade":3ps1alrl said:
I am starting to think the Cardinals will finish ahead of the Rams for third in the division. The Cardinals first team offense looked pretty dam good in their preseason game and I think Bruce Arians is a good coach. They could surprise people this year.

I agree, with the caveat that preseason can be either meaningful, or a mirage. Palmer throwing to Fitz, Roberts, and Floyd looked really good. I also was surprised to learn Arizona TE Housler led the NFC west in receptions last season, the TD's were lacking from TE for them though, well TD's were lacking in general. I only wonder about their running game at this point but they at least made me notice them a bit more after that game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Listen everyone, ...............................................................................silence from mr.stlouis.

Glad we have been warned, would have never been able to handle the execution of so many sheep.

candyman4881

Reaction score
One word folks -PRESEASON. It means very little. The Rams lost their preseason opener last year 38-3 to the Colts. I am personally not worried at all. I am sure our game was a lot like the Seahawks game in that both offense and defense was very bland and vanilla, with almost no game planning. Hell the Rams 1st string dline played 1 series.

Just remember this, 2 years ago when the Rams went 2-14, the Rams went 4-0 in the preseason and the year the Colts went to the Super Bowl, they went 0-4. Outcomes of preseason mean nothing

chris98251

Reaction score
candyman4881":29zzf48e said:
One word folks -PRESEASON. It means very little. The Rams lost their preseason opener last year 38-3 to the Colts. I am personally not worried at all. I am sure our game was a lot like the Seahawks game in that both offense and defense was very bland and vanilla, with almost no game planning. Hell the Rams 1st string dline played 1 series.

Just remember this, 2 years ago when the Rams went 2-14, the Rams went 4-0 in the preseason and the year the Colts went to the Super Bowl, they went 0-4. Outcomes of preseason mean nothing

True about pre season, but this is more of a reply to OP's statement and getting blasted by Bernie now and he has not been back, also the fact that he had been promoting a few players as best in the west types.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Like Ogletree Austin and TJ McDonald being immediate world beaters. Maybe he'll wait until the the third preseason game at least next time.

Thread Killer

Reaction score
From what I've read the OP has been banned for few days now. Don't blame the moderator as he was obviously trolling.

Rams didn't look very good during preseason game one, but they looked better than they did last year when they lost to the Colts 38-3.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Let's be honest, even with all my thoughts on the Rams, they got destroyed by the Browns. Offensively, defensively and special teams. It was the most one sided game I saw in the first week of preseason, (and I've watched all but 2 games).

candyman4881

Reaction score
Shock2k":dtm11jz5 said:
Let's be honest, even with all my thoughts on the Rams, they got destroyed by the Browns. Offensively, defensively and special teams. It was the most one sided game I saw in the first week of preseason, (and I've watched all but 2 games).

:lol:

This post makes me laugh - you make it seem that since the Rams were beat by the Browns by eight points AT Cleveland in the first PRESEASON game that the Rams will suck this year. As I pointed above, the Rams lost 38-3 to the Colts last year in the first preseason game too - was the season over then too?

Also, you said that this was the most lopsided game you watched, but I guess you missed Arizona shut out Green Bay, Houston win by 14, Miami win by 24, Cincinnati win by 24, Buffalo win by 24, and the Ravens win by 28 as well?

Shock2k

Reaction score
candyman4881":3vr530r2 said:
Shock2k":3vr530r2 said:

This post makes me laugh - you make it seem that since the Rams were beat by the Browns by eight points AT Cleveland in the first PRESEASON game that the Rams will suck this year. As I pointed above, the Rams lost 38-3 to the Colts last year in the first preseason game too - was the season over then too?

Also, you said that this was the most lopsided game you watched, but I guess you missed Arizona shut out Green Bay, Houston win by 14, Miami win by 24, Cincinnati win by 24, Buffalo win by 24, and the Ravens win by 28 as well?

I'm not talking about the points, I'm talking about the total lethargic lack of execution in every phase. Hey, I was a believer in the Rams until I saw that horrid display. I will watch all the preseason games, so I'm willing to change my opinion.

candyman4881

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":21n247yu said:
Dude, you left out the Seahawks winning by 21.

That's some old bull that you did that.

Yes my mistake - I missed the Seahawks also winning by 21

candyman4881

Reaction score
Shock2k":3em4uno1 said:
candyman4881":3em4uno1 said:
Shock2k":3em4uno1 said:

I'm not talking about the points, I'm talking about the total lethargic lack of execution in every phase. Hey, I was a believer in the Rams until I saw that horrid display. I will watch all the preseason games, so I'm willing to change my opinion.

We will have to agree to disagree, especially on offense - I thought the first team offense looked good, especially Bradford. The first drive was stalled by an Isaiah Pead fumble at the Browns 30 yard line - the drive started at the Rams 17 I believe. The next series was a 3 and out, so I will give you the benefit there. The last series for the first team O ended in a TD, including a 50+ yard pass to Chris Givens.

Special teams - on the punt return, the field judge missed a blantant holding call (hey its preseason too for the officials) that sprung the punt returner free, but having said that, there is no reason to give up a 80+ yard return. Our kicker Greg Zuerlein connected for two 50+ field goals, so a good positivity there as well.

Defense- The defense was very basic and very vanilla. Missed tackle, no pass rush, and the inability to get off the field on 3rd downs are a concern for the 1st team defense.

Overall though, I disagree that the Rams were "total lethargic lack of execution in every phase". Defense I will agree with you - offense and special teams, not so much

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
How bad do you have to be to get ripped on by the announcer for the BROWNS? I mean, I understand they know awfulness when they see it, having been subjected to it for years, but still. Rams fans should be very afraid.