Which one would you keep?

• Maxwell

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Lane

Votes: 61 64.2%

• Total voters

Jville

Reaction score
The development of Byron Maxwell (Clemson) has been hampered by persistent injuries. To date, he has been a productive spot player when he is healthy.

Jeremy Lane (Northwestern State - La) is a small school project that is developing very rapidly and pressing for an expanded role.

The fact that both also stand out as important special teams players on a team that will carry a minimum of 6 cornerbacks, means there is roster room for both.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I don't get the Lane love? He is great on ST but is a horrible CB. He got burnt so many times last year, the dude is a liability on defense.

Someone please send me a link of him playing good defense.

(I voted Maxwell)

bigcc

Reaction score
I think Maxwell is slightly better in coverage, but seeing how deep our CB group is and how unlikely it is they'll see significant playing time, I'll give it to Lane due to special teams play (though thats not a knock on his performance last year)

Subzero717

Reaction score
seahawk 17":k7jldvu4 said:
I don't get the Lane love? He is great on ST but is a horrible CB. He got burnt so many times last year, the dude is a liability on defense.

(I voted Maxwell)

Which game that he started did he get burned so bad? I don't recall if he started the Chi game but I will point out that Marshall was a man that game and at least on the hail mary Sherm was there not Lane. Next game Az 58-0. Surely didn't get "burned so bad" in that game. Buffalo was a route too. St. Louis I dont recall but the final indicates no one on either team was burning the other so bad.

bigcc

Reaction score
seahawk 17":349xaa5v said:

(I voted Maxwell)

the burden of proof is on you, show a link of him getting burnt "so many times"

matter of fact show me a link where he got burnt once

-The Glove-

Reaction score
seahawk 17":y0n7kk1i said:

(I voted Maxwell)
:?:

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
For me, although I like Maxwells ball skills, Lane's production on special teams and overall outstanding speed are more valuable to me. He holds too much but I think that can be coached out of him. Maxwell is good enough to start at cb for most teams but that's where we have ridiculous depth.

Dismas

Reaction score
seahawk 17":3n3pgmz5 said:

(I voted Maxwell)

Jeremy played the SF game in Seattle. Did a solid job, though not perfect. I was concerned that BB was going to be out during the final stretch, when we NEEDED wins to ice a playoff seed. Lane stepped in and did a dandy job of keeping things under control

Decimation

Reaction score
seahawk 17":2fsqmpue said:

(I voted Maxwell)
We must be watching the wrong games pal.. cause I don't remember Lane being a problem during the four games BB was gone for.

I don't even think he got burned that much at all to be honest. He played very solid during that stretch of games.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
I liked what I saw in lane last yr. I only saw parts of the pre season game the other night. I did see maxwells int and pass deflection that he got called a penalty on. I wasn't impressed with the interception. It was a really late throw by white hurst. Did maxwell do anything else in the game?

Tical21

Reaction score
I dunno, I likes 'em both.

They've held onto Maxwell this long for a reason. He has to be improving. That was a great, great play he made the other night. There really aren't many corners in the whole league that can even make that play, let alone have the balls to do it. He had deep responsibility and jumped that route in a millisecond and made a great lunging grab. That is just really, really good stuff. Obviously, he has to show more of it, and some consistency, but any more plays like that, and he's in the running for playing time, and might garner a pick from somebody else.

But I like Lane too. I liked his bio out of college and he hasn't done much to disappoint, he's only looked good. That play by Maxwell showed a potential ceiling that I didn't know he had, it was that good of a play. Gun to my head, right now, I keep Maxwell, but wouldn't have sour grapes either way.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seahawk 17":2d7ijn57 said:

(I voted Maxwell)

Perhaps you are uninformed then. Exhibit A: You wait for info to be sent to you rather than actively seeking it. If one makes a claim -IMO, a baseless and outrageous one- such as this, the burden of proof is on that person.

Mick063

Reaction score
I would honestly hate to be put in a situation where I had to choose. I think Maxwell could play at safety, if the circumstances required it, a little better than Lane, though that is just based on personal opinion.

I think I would keep both over Thurmond just because of their length. Length is a great equalizer to the back shoulder fade pass.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Tical21 I gotta say I totally disagree with you. White hurst release was so slow on that throw anybody could of read that throw and picked it off. Nice catch he made but that's about it. I'm just not really sure how he played the rest of the game

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
My issue with keeping Maxwell is knowing that BOTH he and Thurmond are injury prone. Maxwell had all kinds of hamstring/groin troubles last year.

I keep Lane and keep the better of Thurmond and Maxwell. Having two injury prone guys at the same position is dangerous.