(UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...

Greenhell

Reaction score
djTOY2000":2x93yyst said:
Greenhell":2x93yyst said:
Hey DJ, post the ones you already did.

i would, but i had them all stored on an external hard drive that got left behind when "blah blah blah" and i split up. i need to get digital shots again of the Hasselbeck and Jones pics taken....

Damn her! Did you sell them and did you do others?

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
i sold a bunch of them a few years ago, but she didn't support me in my dreams, goals, and ambitions... i put down the pencils and brushes for a few years after that as i just did "what she wanted me to do" but hence why she is now the ex and well... look what i am back up and doing and pursuing my dreams, goals, and utilizing my natural talent...

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
( UPDATED PIC )

1094977_10151804599459743_1171736653_n.jpg

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
well, Mr. Wilson now has some arms...

(and i strengthend the shadows 'round his package and some harder highlights throughout the uniform)

1000259_10151804757874743_42218658_n.jpg

bryantology79

Reaction score
i can't believe that's paint. even more, i can't believe you stopped doing this for a chick. no offense.

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
bryantology79":1739ark4 said:
i can't believe that's paint. even more, i can't believe you stopped doing this for a chick. no offense.

yep, acrylic on canvas

none taken, "THAT" ...is a long story

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Marvin49":18pis3rx said:
What are you gonna do when complete? Keep it? Sell it? Make Prints? Just curious.

they will be getting published and set to full scale (36"x24") giclee prints both on canvas (# of 100) and poster (# of 250) personally signed by myself with certifications of artist authenticity (prices will be listed later once i clear things up with some of the admins of this site)

if i get lucky, with enough contacts being made and publicity of my work, i will hopefully be able to start doing "live" paintings at the games in the team store (or right outside within the stadium by the state of football display) and perhaps get in contact with the players and have them "endorse" my products (player autographs) and maybe let a good 25-50 special limited of those go out - this is all a work in progress that i started a few years ago, lost my way for a few, but am now back in full force with no distractions doing what i do best !!

feel free to "like" on facebook and follow my upcoming paintings throughout the season

click here >>> ICONSbyDH

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
I keep checking over here to see the final product. It's looking amazing man, almost there!

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Comeinpeace":2rd03m6m said:
I keep checking over here to see the final product. It's looking amazing man, almost there!

thanks buddy ;-) it would be done right now, but the past two days i had to work two double shifts my normal job... but it will be completed TODAY !!

mikeak

Reaction score
I saw this one artist tweeted his drawing to a music artist (think to Rhianna) and she posted it and retweeted it and suddenly his webpages and following just hit the millions.......

so I would say tweet it to RW when done but if you do be ready in the sense that you should have a webpage with a few drawings on there etc. I think it is better to get some publicity later than get it when you are not at all ready to capitalize on it.

Just my $0.02 as I like the others really appreciate seeing this and the skill you have.

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
mikeak":2g6nk1l0 said:
I saw this one artist tweeted his drawing to a music artist (think to Rhianna) and she posted it and retweeted it and suddenly his webpages and following just hit the millions.......

so I would say tweet it to RW when done but if you do be ready in the sense that you should have a webpage with a few drawings on there etc. I think it is better to get some publicity later than get it when you are not at all ready to capitalize on it.

Just my $0.02 as I like the others really appreciate seeing this and the skill you have.

yes, i will be sending these out on tweets and whatever social media source once i get my webpage actually up and going because well, publicity and marketing are key to becoming a profitable artist as opposed to a "starving artist". I don't know crap yet about webpage building and well, if someone wants to point me the right direction that would be amazing and i would be very grateful...

Marvin49

Reaction score
djTOY2000":pc20993g said:
mikeak":pc20993g said:

yes, i will be sending these out on tweets and whatever social media source once i get my webpage actually up and going because well, publicity and marketing are key to becoming a profitable artist as opposed to a "starving artist". I don't know crap yet about webpage building and well, if someone wants to point me the right direction that would be amazing and i would be very grateful...

The only thing I would wonder tho is if the NFL would have issue with you selling a players likeness. They seem kinda anal about that kind of stuff. Not sure of the law. You got major talent tho man...keep at it.

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Marvin49":197yw1p1 said:
The only thing I would wonder tho is if the NFL would have issue with you selling a players likeness. They seem kinda anal about that kind of stuff. Not sure of the law. You got major talent tho man...keep at it.

from what i have read, and searched for (but will still be contacting a lawyer for more insight), as an artist, what i create is my intellectual property. The subject of the artwork is me renditioning and my visual perception/creation. example being this painting i am creating, Russell Wilson is the subject of the painting and wherein he is wearing a uniform of the seahawks, and is a product of the NFL, I as the artist can paint that because it is coming from my creation.

if i take, and create a second, or third separate entity of a trademarked logo, on the piece of artwork, i am in violation of trademark infringement - example being if i took the Seahawks logo or the NFL shield and directly placed it in the lower corner (or wherever) by itself and not part of the subject depicted

as far as i have investigated, as an artist i have the right to paint/draw/photograph any subject as long as i do not falsely advertise or place copyrighted logos on it and sell my renditions as an artist.

but trust me, if this goes anywhere as i would like to see it go here shortly, i am and will be seeking definitive answers from a lawyer

Decimation

Reaction score
Dude you have some serious talent! Keep it up, can't wait to see the final piece.