(UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
(UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...
Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 pm
  • getting a new line up of some of my sports art memorabilia going, this time laying it down in acrylic on 36"x24" canvas...

sneak peek after about 40hrs over the past 5 days...

Last edited by djTOY2000 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 9 times in total.
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Re: It has begun...
Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:42 pm
  • You've got some talent bro. Very cool.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:54 pm
  • Always impressed with your work man. This is already looking great
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Thats great right there. Your work is outstanding!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:11 pm
  • keep us posted
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:33 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:keep us posted

being that it's gonna be an all-nighter working on this... anyone know where i can score some adderall ? i need to stay focused :stirthepot:
    Last edited by djTOY2000 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:53 pm
  • Wow. That's really awesome. You've got some real talent. Did you freehand the illustration or is it from a photograph?
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:48 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Wow. That's really awesome. You've got some real talent. Did you freehand the illustration or is it from a photograph?

combination of both to an extent... mainly looking at photos to get an idea going, and then it's off to the races and the sketching begins, and my mind kinda starts going in different directions, wanting to add this, how this color should flop as the roll comes to its highest peak, i dunno how to describe it, it just happens... never have i ever taken schooling or courses to learn this stuff. In highschool i was basically teaching my art class, not the teacher
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:00 am
  • That's some beautiful work there, sir. Acrylics are a complete mystery to me.

I had an idea of doing something to celebrate the upcoming season, but this is making me think twice!
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:21 am
  • uncle fester wrote:That's some beautiful work there, sir. Acrylics are a complete mystery to me.

I had an idea of doing something to celebrate the upcoming season, but this is making me think twice!

thanks fester, what did you have in mind ?
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:52 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    uncle fester wrote:That's some beautiful work there, sir. Acrylics are a complete mystery to me.

thanks fester, what did you have in mind ?

I've got a city skyline/2013/Earl Thomas montage on the go. Pencil/ink, with digital colour to follow. Will post up a preview when it's vaguely presentable.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:26 am
  • Is that Chevy Chase still playing the invisible man?

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:49 am
  • Nice work! A talent I truly do not possess.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:55 am
  • When I first glanced at the photo, I thought it was a fathead. Amazing work man.
    "I'm better at life than you." -Richard Sherman
    "The separation is in the preparation" -Russell Wilson
    OreIdahawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:59 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Wow. That's really awesome. You've got some real talent. Did you freehand the illustration or is it from a photograph?

combination of both to an extent... mainly looking at photos to get an idea going, and then it's off to the races and the sketching begins, and my mind kinda starts going in different directions, wanting to add this, how this color should flop as the roll comes to its highest peak, i dunno how to describe it, it just happens... never have i ever taken schooling or courses to learn this stuff. In highschool i was basically teaching my art class, not the teacher

You and I have a lot in common. From one artist to another, I am very impressed with your talent. Oh, and real artistic talent cannot be taught...You are born with it. I drew everything well, Human faces, Horses(my obsession), and cattle. There was no way to describe how I did things and why I did them..You can learn technique with mediums but your perception of shading, color, proportions and details is something that is already in you. Great work. Keep it up. :th2thumbs:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:08 am
  • Great work dude - that's really good!
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:06 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:You and I have a lot in common. From one artist to another, I am very impressed with your talent. Oh, and real artistic talent cannot be taught...You are born with it. I drew everything well, Human faces, Horses(my obsession), and cattle. There was no way to describe how I did things and why I did them..You can learn technique with mediums but your perception of shading, color, proportions and details is something that is already in you. Great work. Keep it up. :th2thumbs:

AWESOME to hear that, and to have someone know what i am talking about and is on the same level
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:07 am
  • That looks awesome so far. You're gonna have to make prints once its done. I'd be interested.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:12 am
  • Awesome... you definitely have talent!
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:17 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:You and I have a lot in common. From one artist to another, I am very impressed with your talent. Oh, and real artistic talent cannot be taught...You are born with it. I drew everything well, Human faces, Horses(my obsession), and cattle. There was no way to describe how I did things and why I did them..You can learn technique with mediums but your perception of shading, color, proportions and details is something that is already in you. Great work. Keep it up. :th2thumbs:

AWESOME to hear that, and to have someone know what i am talking about and is on the same level

:thirishdrinkers: Yeah....I remember in high school my teacher just let me do whatever I wanted because I was so much more advanced than the rest. He entered me in art contests and stuff. It was a lot of fun, plus I got to use all the mediums for free. A+ grades all year. In case you are curious, here some of my stuff on facebook. It's all horses for the most part.
    https://www.facebook.com/AndreaBouwkamp/media_set?set=a.178548888846068.44890.100000728744777&type=3
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:29 am
  • DJ, how much would you charge to put my face on the head of that? That way I could actually explain my Hawks obsession to my daughter. :)

Go Hawks!

tcs
    Bleeding Silver and Blue since 1982...
    TCS
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:30 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    djTOY2000 wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:You and I have a lot in common. From one artist to another, I am very impressed with your talent. Oh, and real artistic talent cannot be taught...You are born with it. I drew everything well, Human faces, Horses(my obsession), and cattle. There was no way to describe how I did things and why I did them..You can learn technique with mediums but your perception of shading, color, proportions and details is something that is already in you. Great work. Keep it up. :th2thumbs:

:thirishdrinkers: Yeah....I remember in high school my teacher just let me do whatever I wanted because I was so much more advanced than the rest. He entered me in art contests and stuff. It was a lot of fun, plus I got to use all the mediums for free. A+ grades all year. In case you are curious, here some of my stuff on facebook. It's all horses for the most part.
    https://www.facebook.com/AndreaBouwkamp/media_set?set=a.178548888846068.44890.100000728744777&type=3

from one artist to another, that is amazing. i too have wanted to dapple in painting many of the famous horses to have ran in all the various races...

you sound EXACTLY like me, kinda scary. as a freshman entering highschool i was instantly in advanced art (only an elective for juniors and seniors) after one quarter and once i was in the advanced courses, i just did whatever i wanted too with A+ grades. Art competitions were fun too, except i felt as if i was hated on because people doubted that someone of my age, could do such stuff. i was pretty mind blown one year when i decided to paint that scene from the movie titanic (sunset where Jack and Rose were on the bow of the ship) and once of the hottest cheerleaders in school came to me, and wanted me to re-enact the rest of the movie and draw her - naked !! It caused a little bit of a controversy because i said yes, then she told her friends, and they told their friends, and next thing you as with everything and how everyone talks in highschool, the principal put a stop to it before i even got illustration board ready...
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:34 am
  • TCS wrote:DJ, how much would you charge to put my face on the head of that? That way I could actually explain my Hawks obsession to my daughter. :)

Go Hawks!

tcs

unfortunately i do not discuss prices here on this forum, but canvas prints will be getting made of scale size (36"x24") of everything i will be painting this year

i am putting together 3 different Russell Wilsons, 2 Shermans, 2 Lynchs, Thomas, a Tate and a Harvin and a Rice, and a few other just "huddle/formation" thingies... all in all i will have a dozen paintings this year, as well as throughout the season, if there is a specific "highlight" or "memorable game changing" play one week, i will try and have it done by the following week/game.
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:43 am
  • Sounds like quite the project. I was only slightly kidding. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product when you post it. Once I see it maybe I'll PM you and we can discuss...

Either way, great stuff man. Art such as this is truly a mystery to me. All my artistic talent is in music. I struggle to draw stick figures!

Go Hawks!

tcs
    TCS
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:44 am
  • TCS wrote: I struggle to draw stick figures!

Go Hawks!

tcs

believe it or not, i struggle with stick figures
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:46 am
  • So you're saying there's hope for me...? :)

Go Hawks!

tcs
    TCS
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:50 am
  • TCS wrote:So you're saying there's hope for me...? :)

Go Hawks!

tcs

yes, there is always hope !!
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:06 am
  • Pfft. that painting sucks. Russell Wilson totally has arms. and a head. Your such a hack...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:19 am
  • CANHawk wrote:Pfft. that painting sucks. Russell Wilson totally has arms. and a head. Your such a hack...

he's gettin' some arms....

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 am
  • Again - great work. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product. You have some serious talent.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:27 pm
  • (updated the pic back on the first post)
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:32 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:getting a new line up of some of my sports art memorabilia going, this time laying it down in acrylic on 36"x24" canvas...

sneak peek after a 3hr late night session and a good 3 hours this morning...

* $1 for scale reference in the following pic

these are just the base layers (highlights and shadows) once i get that phase completed (overnight) then i go back over everything in fine detail which is where the time consumption begins. shooting to have this done over the weekend.

Hell...I'm a Niner fan and even I'M impressed. Real talent there man.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:36 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:

I'm a Die Hard Seahawks fan as you can tell, but as the season progresses i will also be doing some 49ers (past and present) paintings, as well as many other "star" players out there...
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:38 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

I'm a Die Hard Seahawks fan as you can tell, but as the season progresses i will also be doing some 49ers (past and present) paintings, as well as many other "star" players out there...

Awesome. :D

I look forward to it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:41 pm
  • it's gettin' there guys....

NOTE: these example pics are just being taken from my cell phone
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:10 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:it's gettin' there guys....

NOTE: these example pics are just being taken from my cell phone

What are you gonna do when complete? Keep it? Sell it? Make Prints? Just curious.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:17 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    djTOY2000 wrote:getting a new line up of some of my sports art memorabilia going, this time laying it down in acrylic on 36"x24" canvas...

sneak peek after a 3hr late night session and a good 3 hours this morning...

* $1 for scale reference in the following pic

these are just the base layers (highlights and shadows) once i get that phase completed (overnight) then i go back over everything in fine detail which is where the time consumption begins. shooting to have this done over the weekend.

You don't have to be a Seahawks fan, or even a football fan, to respect his artwork
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:18 pm
  • ( UPDATED PIC )

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:34 pm
  • Hey DJ, post the ones you already did.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:37 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:Hey DJ, post the ones you already did.

i would, but i had them all stored on an external hard drive that got left behind when "blah blah blah" and i split up. i need to get digital shots again of the Hasselbeck and Jones pics taken....
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:28 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Hey DJ, post the ones you already did.

i would, but i had them all stored on an external hard drive that got left behind when "blah blah blah" and i split up. i need to get digital shots again of the Hasselbeck and Jones pics taken....

Damn her! Did you sell them and did you do others?
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:26 pm
  • i sold a bunch of them a few years ago, but she didn't support me in my dreams, goals, and ambitions... i put down the pencils and brushes for a few years after that as i just did "what she wanted me to do" but hence why she is now the ex and well... look what i am back up and doing and pursuing my dreams, goals, and utilizing my natural talent...
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:29 pm
  • ( UPDATED PIC )

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:49 pm
  • I knew it was Chevy Chase.

On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:01 pm
  • The Radish wrote:I knew it was Chevy Chase.

yeah yeah, you called me out on it...

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:11 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    The Radish wrote:I knew it was Chevy Chase.

yeah yeah, you called me out on it...

Lol!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:02 pm
  • well, Mr. Wilson now has some arms...

(and i strengthend the shadows 'round his package and some harder highlights throughout the uniform)

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 pm
  • i can't believe that's paint. even more, i can't believe you stopped doing this for a chick. no offense.
    bryantology79
    NET Starter

Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:01 am
  • bryantology79 wrote:i can't believe that's paint. even more, i can't believe you stopped doing this for a chick. no offense.

yep, acrylic on canvas

none taken, "THAT" ...is a long story
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:15 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    What are you gonna do when complete? Keep it? Sell it? Make Prints? Just curious.

they will be getting published and set to full scale (36"x24") giclee prints both on canvas (# of 100) and poster (# of 250) personally signed by myself with certifications of artist authenticity (prices will be listed later once i clear things up with some of the admins of this site)

if i get lucky, with enough contacts being made and publicity of my work, i will hopefully be able to start doing "live" paintings at the games in the team store (or right outside within the stadium by the state of football display) and perhaps get in contact with the players and have them "endorse" my products (player autographs) and maybe let a good 25-50 special limited of those go out - this is all a work in progress that i started a few years ago, lost my way for a few, but am now back in full force with no distractions doing what i do best !!

feel free to "like" on facebook and follow my upcoming paintings throughout the season

click here >>> ICONSbyDH
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Next

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information