(UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...

TCS

Reaction score
DJ, how much would you charge to put my face on the head of that? That way I could actually explain my Hawks obsession to my daughter. :)

Go Hawks!

tcs

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":o73vbxma said:
djTOY2000":o73vbxma said:
Seahwkgal":o73vbxma said:
You and I have a lot in common. From one artist to another, I am very impressed with your talent. Oh, and real artistic talent cannot be taught...You are born with it. I drew everything well, Human faces, Horses(my obsession), and cattle. There was no way to describe how I did things and why I did them..You can learn technique with mediums but your perception of shading, color, proportions and details is something that is already in you. Great work. Keep it up. :th2thumbs:

AWESOME to hear that, and to have someone know what i am talking about and is on the same level
:thirishdrinkers: Yeah....I remember in high school my teacher just let me do whatever I wanted because I was so much more advanced than the rest. He entered me in art contests and stuff. It was a lot of fun, plus I got to use all the mediums for free. A+ grades all year. In case you are curious, here some of my stuff on facebook. It's all horses for the most part.
https://www.facebook.com/AndreaBouwkamp/media_set?set=a.178548888846068.44890.100000728744777&type=3

from one artist to another, that is amazing. i too have wanted to dapple in painting many of the famous horses to have ran in all the various races...

you sound EXACTLY like me, kinda scary. as a freshman entering highschool i was instantly in advanced art (only an elective for juniors and seniors) after one quarter and once i was in the advanced courses, i just did whatever i wanted too with A+ grades. Art competitions were fun too, except i felt as if i was hated on because people doubted that someone of my age, could do such stuff. i was pretty mind blown one year when i decided to paint that scene from the movie titanic (sunset where Jack and Rose were on the bow of the ship) and once of the hottest cheerleaders in school came to me, and wanted me to re-enact the rest of the movie and draw her - naked !! It caused a little bit of a controversy because i said yes, then she told her friends, and they told their friends, and next thing you as with everything and how everyone talks in highschool, the principal put a stop to it before i even got illustration board ready...

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
TCS":1qzpu3pj said:
DJ, how much would you charge to put my face on the head of that? That way I could actually explain my Hawks obsession to my daughter. :)

Go Hawks!

tcs

unfortunately i do not discuss prices here on this forum, but canvas prints will be getting made of scale size (36"x24") of everything i will be painting this year

i am putting together 3 different Russell Wilsons, 2 Shermans, 2 Lynchs, Thomas, a Tate and a Harvin and a Rice, and a few other just "huddle/formation" thingies... all in all i will have a dozen paintings this year, as well as throughout the season, if there is a specific "highlight" or "memorable game changing" play one week, i will try and have it done by the following week/game.

TCS

Reaction score
Sounds like quite the project. I was only slightly kidding. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product when you post it. Once I see it maybe I'll PM you and we can discuss...

Either way, great stuff man. Art such as this is truly a mystery to me. All my artistic talent is in music. I struggle to draw stick figures!

Go Hawks!

tcs

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
CANHawk":2ch8q3zv said:
Pfft. that painting sucks. Russell Wilson totally has arms. and a head. Your such a hack...

he's gettin' some arms....

282899_10151801945774743_717988639_n.jpg

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Again - great work. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product. You have some serious talent.

Marvin49

Reaction score
djTOY2000":267ctrgo said:
getting a new line up of some of my sports art memorabilia going, this time laying it down in acrylic on 36"x24" canvas...

sneak peek after a 3hr late night session and a good 3 hours this morning...

1001939_10151802145034743_1175886847_n.jpg

* $1 for scale reference in the following pic

these are just the base layers (highlights and shadows) once i get that phase completed (overnight) then i go back over everything in fine detail which is where the time consumption begins. shooting to have this done over the weekend.

Hell...I'm a Niner fan and even I'M impressed. Real talent there man.

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Marvin49":3sp43xuc said:

I'm a Die Hard Seahawks fan as you can tell, but as the season progresses i will also be doing some 49ers (past and present) paintings, as well as many other "star" players out there...

Marvin49

Reaction score
djTOY2000":3lfnrjr7 said:
Marvin49":3lfnrjr7 said:

I'm a Die Hard Seahawks fan as you can tell, but as the season progresses i will also be doing some 49ers (past and present) paintings, as well as many other "star" players out there...

Awesome. :D

I look forward to it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
djTOY2000":1dt6pd14 said:
it's gettin' there guys....

1150121_10151803054139743_1711682498_n.jpg

NOTE: these example pics are just being taken from my cell phone

What are you gonna do when complete? Keep it? Sell it? Make Prints? Just curious.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":34sbhaab said:
djTOY2000":34sbhaab said:
getting a new line up of some of my sports art memorabilia going, this time laying it down in acrylic on 36"x24" canvas...

sneak peek after a 3hr late night session and a good 3 hours this morning...

1001939_10151802145034743_1175886847_n.jpg

* $1 for scale reference in the following pic

these are just the base layers (highlights and shadows) once i get that phase completed (overnight) then i go back over everything in fine detail which is where the time consumption begins. shooting to have this done over the weekend.

You don't have to be a Seahawks fan, or even a football fan, to respect his artwork

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Greenhell":3g8xjlp7 said:
Hey DJ, post the ones you already did.

i would, but i had them all stored on an external hard drive that got left behind when "blah blah blah" and i split up. i need to get digital shots again of the Hasselbeck and Jones pics taken....