How much does RW play?

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
TJs throws looked good, crisp and accurate. Got out of some pickles. I was surprised (just talking about his execution).
Williams could be fun.
haven't really seen our starters, nor RW (but he certainly didn't wow anyone with his series start. He will soon I imagine).
Oline, that's what I'm keying on this PS.

meh, fun to see football rev up and hawks on the field

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
He looked the best I have ever seen him look. Poised, accurate. Nice job TJ!

13thMan

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":1sgfgayl said:
TJs throws looked good, crisp and accurate. Got out of some pickles. I was surprised (just talking about his execution).
Williams could be fun.
haven't really seen our starters, nor RW (but he certainly didn't wow anyone with his series start. He will soon I imagine).

I agree, TJack surprised the hell outta me to be honest. RW on the other hand... here's hoping that was a one-off performance because he left A LOT to be desired. Yikes...

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
TJ escaped the pocket? And threw a first-down pass on the run? Also he threw twice deep to his left?

He's still not (nor will he ever be at this point) a multiple-read QB, but he showed some decent escapability and had just a couple of BEAUTIFUL passes that were right on the hands of Stephen Williams. That escape right and throw for a first down on third down might have been my favorite play of his, though. He's usually getting sacked on a play like that, but he moved right and threw a ball on the run that only his guy had a shot at.

Russell Wilson was fine. He was a bit high on a couple balls that I still thought the receivers should have had, but he was running for his life. That six-yard run for a first down was GREAT.

hawker84

Reaction score
13thMan":31fef430 said:
hawkfan1975":31fef430 said:
Williams could be fun.

I agree, TJack surprised the hell outta me to be honest. RW on the other hand... here's hoping that was a one-off performance because he left A LOT to be desired. Yikes...

Left a lot to be desired? First off it was 2 series without half our starting line and TE, and what more did you want him to do? go run the routes and get seperation so he can complete a pass to himself?

He did what he had to do, scrambled to get out of a collapsing pocket, extend the play to find what, no recivers open.. He played just fine, you need to focus that " A lot to be desired" on the O line pass protection and the recievers inability to get seperation.. IMO

13thMan

Reaction score
hawker84":omu7dl1s said:
13thMan":omu7dl1s said:
hawkfan1975":omu7dl1s said:
Williams could be fun.

Left a lot to be desired? First off it was 2 series without half our starting line and TE, and what more did you want him to do? go run the routes and get seperation so he can complete a pass to himself?

He did what he had to do, scrambled to get out of a collapsing pocket, extend the play to find what, no recivers open.. He played just fine, you need to focus that " A lot to be desired" on the O line pass protection and the recievers inability to get seperation.. IMO

Fair and balanced points... Regardless, the best we had available was out there with RW and it did not look like a team with playoff aspirations let alone Super Bowl aspirations... I guess I just felt that it should've been much more buttoned up, much more polished... Truth be told, I feel like week 1 is a little too soon based on the 1st team ineptitude last night, regardless of who was on the field. But, yeah, it's not all on RW to be sure...

A

Anonymous

Did anyone cringe like I did when he slipped out of that collapsing pocket?

I was like, damn Russ, watch those knees and ankles dude!

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
TJ: "and had just a couple of BEAUTIFUL passes that were right on the hands of Stephen Williams."

Well what made me double-take was HOW he threw those, he LED THE RECIEVER perfectly (...I mean perfectly). Couldn't help but ask, "what the...?"
Earlier he had two "what the...?" escapes followed by darts on the numbers for some 10+ yardage. I just was impressed how he led the 2nd/3rd stringers.