Bucs Trade Eric Wright to the Niners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Giedi":174leaab said:
RichNhansom":174leaab said:
49ers.com requires a membership to even view the threads. WZ doesn't.
One of the main reasons that it requires a membership is because a lot of kiddies are on that boards and the 49ers organization wants to make it family friendly, ie. no swear words, and no pron or semi pron stuff, there is no real *smack* talk allowed - and I define smack talk as calling folks names and personal insults. They are very strict about that and enforce their rules with rutheless vigilance. I'm both at the Webzone and official 49er boards - clearly the Webzone boards has core of much older and probably more knowlegable fans than the 49er.com boards. But the Webzone also is a lot more free in what they allow and don't allow - hence there are more idiot postings there than at the 49ers.com site. I define idiot postings as sorta kinda like Smack talk but smack talk regarding 49er subjects and directed at other 49er fans. I belive the Webzone is a lot older than the official boards.

Probably largely correct.

The Webzone has a number of really good posters and a number of...um....not so good posters. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3pupiqyn said:
Marvin49":3pupiqyn said:
Now they have signed him and moved him to the Non-Football injury list. Why? BECAUSE HE ISN'T HEALTHY. It isn't a shady move and you would have a COMPLETELY different view of it if you weren't stuck in Seahawk "49ers are evil" land.

Aye, and if you didn't have your 49ers blinders on you'd realize this was a very shady move, but no honor among thieves and all that I assume.

TB: You want eric wright for low round pick?
SF: OMG YES
TB: Good we were going to release him if we couldn't find a partner
SF: ummm.... he didn't pass his physical sorry no trade
TB:....

3 weeks and 1 injury later
"the 49ers have signed eric wright"
TB:.... dude wtf....

Right. It went down just like that. SMDH.

I don't know why I bother.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Niner fans: Do you think Wright really got suspended for Adderall?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Marvin49":29k7iz78 said:
TheRealDTM":29k7iz78 said:
Marvin49":29k7iz78 said:
Now they have signed him and moved him to the Non-Football injury list. Why? BECAUSE HE ISN'T HEALTHY. It isn't a shady move and you would have a COMPLETELY different view of it if you weren't stuck in Seahawk "49ers are evil" land.

Aye, and if you didn't have your 49ers blinders on you'd realize this was a very shady move, but no honor among thieves and all that I assume.

Right so your saying your front office was too stupid to realize the bucs were going to drop wright? Or are you saying that fact didn't come into play because they are so honorable?

Based on the fact the SF FO "didn't know" Terrell Brown had a 2million escalator in his contract, and "would have told him if we knew." I assume your just going to say the 49ers front office is inept.... or are you saying they had knowledge of this stuff?

Marvin49

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2fjozfk0 said:
Marvin49":2fjozfk0 said:
TheRealDTM":2fjozfk0 said:

Right so your saying your front office was too stupid to realize the bucs were going to drop wright? Or are you saying that fact didn't come into play because they are so honorable?

I'm saying they knew he was going to be released but decided to trade for him so they didn't risk him signing with another team. They did the same with Boldin whom was going to be released. It was no secret to ANYONE that the Bucs were going to release Wright.

Wright then came in and failed the physical.

Trade voided.

ANY OTHER TEAM had 2 weeks to sign him. The Bucs didn't have to release him. The Niners said the day he failed the physical that they would "keep an eye on the situation" and beat writers in the bay have been asking the team almost every day if there was a chance he'd be signed.

It really isn't that complicated. Its only your desire to hate the Niners that is clouding the situation.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
DTM, don't make me do this, but TB got Wright back after the failed physical. Instead of putting him on their own injury list, they released him. At that point it's fair game for anyone. No team is going to the trouble you think over a conditional 7th. I know on the headline it seems shady, but if you think about it, there's nothing to it.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":107fi24v said:
DTM, don't make me do this, but TB got Wright back after the failed physical. Instead of putting him on their own injury list, they released him. At that point it's fair game for anyone. No team is going to the trouble you think over a conditional 7th. I know on the headline it seems shady, but if you think about it, there's nothing to it.

Exactly that's my point, they knew the bucs were going to release him. So they figured, lets not waste a late round pick. It's evidenced by the facts they said "we'll be monitoring the situation."

Did they break any rules? No
Is it shady as shit business? Yes

Essentially they figured, after making the trade, that with the his injuries (cough cough arrest cough cough) he wasn't worth it for a draft pick, but they still valued him and wanted him on there team, just not if it was going to cost them a draft pick.

Also if you go back and look the "TB is going to release Eric Wright" stuff came out after the trade was announced, please prove me wrong...

mretrade

Reaction score
Especially considering the Niners are loaded with draft picks and dont need the pick that badly.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
mretrade":2qpf1ogc said:
Especially considering the Niners are loaded with draft picks and dont need the pick that badly.

So loaded they can't afford to spend a pick to go through with a trade for a player they want? Instead they wait until he's free to them?

Don't get me wrong it's smart, you don't get to where the 49ers are without being smart, and if I'm smart enough to realize, "hey lets not make this trade, then get him for free later," they SURE AS HELL are. Again Lowclass, and that's all i'm saying.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The problem I see with the situation is by the Niners failing him on the physical they sent a message to the rest of the league and that message was a team in disarray at the CB position with hopes of getting back to the superbowl say's he's not healthy or worth the risk. That definitely came into play when other teams considered bringing him in.

The problem I see with Niner fans is they seem to be willing to dismiss anything Niner negative as "no big deal" while simultaneously jumping on anything they can to discredit the Seahawks team, organization and fan base.

Kaep in a Dolphins hat? He was just matching cloths. Go Dalphins.
Brooks breaking a bottle over a team mates head? That's what happens when Bro's drink. They should cut the guy that got hit.
Harbocryte saying if you have to cheat you already lost. He didn't say anything untrue.
Trading for a PED offender two weeks later? It doesn't count now. Let's ignore the multiple DUI's.
Failing said PED offender physically? Yeah he sucked anyways, I hated that deal.
Resigning PED offender after telling the league he isn't fit to play? He's on the PUP list and it's normal business.
Cheating a player out of 2 Mill? Harbacryte said he was sorry.
Papaki sexually abusing his Turtle? What? You mean that's not normal?

I could go on for days but you get the point.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":r13dj9cq said:
AbsolutNET":r13dj9cq said:

Exactly that's my point, they knew the bucs were going to release him. So they figured, lets not waste a late round pick. It's evidenced by the facts they said "we'll be monitoring the situation."

Did they break any rules? No
Is it shady as shit business? Yes

Essentially they figured, after making the trade, that with the his injuries (cough cough arrest cough cough) he wasn't worth it for a draft pick, but they still valued him and wanted him on there team, just not if it was going to cost them a draft pick.

Also if you go back and look the "TB is going to release Eric Wright" stuff came out after the trade was announced, please prove me wrong...

You still aren't getting this...

Everyone knew he was going to be released BEFORE the trade went down. Some were surprised that the 49ers made a trade for a player that was going to be released. They made the trade to keep him off the market to assure that they would get him. THEN he failed the physical. If you think it surprised ANYONE that the Bucs released him, then you haven't been paying attention and explains your entire line of thinking.

The monitored the situation to see if he would sign elswhere.

He didn't.

49ers sign him and put him on Non-football injury list.

Stop trying to manufacture a conspiracy. Its really simple and you only WANT it to be shady.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
mretrade":1yjjsq86 said:
Spygate 2.0 somebody arrest Baalke and Harbaugh for being below reproach

Well they wouldn't be the first Niner brass facing prison time.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2maeql47 said:
The problem I see with the situation is by the Niners failing him on the physical they sent a message to the rest of the league and that message was a team in disarray at the CB position with hopes of getting back to the superbowl say's he's not healthy or worth the risk. That definitely came into play when other teams considered bringing him in.

The problem I see with Niner fans is they seem to be willing to dismiss anything Niner negative as "no big deal" while simultaneously jumping on anything they can to discredit the Seahawks team, organization and fan base.

Kaep in a Dolphins hat? He was just matching cloths. Go Dalphins.
Brooks breaking a bottle over a team mates head? That's what happens when Bro's drink. They should cut the guy that got hit.
Harbocryte saying if you have to cheat you already lost. He didn't say anything untrue.
Trading for a PED offender two weeks later? It doesn't count now. Let's ignore the multiple DUI's.
Failing said PED offender physically? Yeah he sucked anyways, I hated that deal.
Resigning PED offender after telling the league he isn't fit to play? He's on the PUP list and it's normal business.
Cheating a player out of 2 Mill? Harbacryte said he was sorry.
Papaki sexually abusing his Turtle? What? You mean that's not normal?

I could go on for days but you get the point.

Come on man...you're better than that. When have I ever attacked Seattle? When have I ever said anything about PEDS?

I can make the exact same argument in reverse.

This is seriously not a big deal...in fact it's no deal at all. Only peeps who WANT it to be are chiming in.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2w74w2qu said:
mretrade":2w74w2qu said:
Spygate 2.0 somebody arrest Baalke and Harbaugh for being below reproach

Well they wouldn't be the first Niner brass facing prison time.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Low blow. LOL. :D

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
Hey Rich and TheRealBBW, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you hate the 49ers?

Ahmad Brooks - you are full of **** Rich, the larger percentage of the fanbase did not take that situation lightly.

Giving us crap about PEDs and DUIs. That's like Lindsay Lohan telling me I have a drug problem.

You like the Kaep and the turtle pics, don't lie. You probably have them posted up on your ceiling at this very moment. :192215:

Marvin49

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":18brgn0w said:

Thank You. :D I know that hurt.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Comeinpeace":bvoqohks said:
Hey Rich and TheRealBBW, on a scale of 1-10
I am a 10, a true BBW. And i'm glad that it was a 49er fan that of course had to make a personal insult (i guess that's what you were getting at) first.

Comeinpeace":bvoqohks said:
Giving us crap about PEDs and DUIs. That's like Lindsay Lohan telling me I have a drug problem.
Oh so your saying it's hypocritical? I didn't realize you knew what that meant.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Wright gave up 75 receptions in 2011. Most in the league.

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":35aejexv said:
Comeinpeace":35aejexv said:
Hey Rich and TheRealBBW, on a scale of 1-10
I am a 10, a true BBW. And i'm glad that it was a 49er fan that of course had to make a personal insult (i guess that's what you were getting at) first.

Comeinpeace":35aejexv said:
Oh so your saying it's hypocritical? I didn't realize you knew what that meant.

Sorry about your feelings, how's the weather in Capitol Hill?

Oh, and good comeback :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.