Anyone else not really bothered about pre-season this year?

kearly

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":8nak3fed said:
kearly":8nak3fed said:
Bobby Wagner is our only linebacker who should feel safe about keeping a full time job- the competition is going to be intense at LB.

"I beg to differ"...

Love, K.J. Wright

Probably just an oversight, but K.J. is tragically underrated.

Wright's in competition for his job with one of the other linebackers, or am I just going senile 50 years early? Granted, whoever he's competing with, Wright would probably win.

I don't think Wright is underrated. I think .net has him pegged pretty well.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment that we do not need to see anything out of the preseason this year in order to be excited about the real season. On the other hand, there really are a lot of interesting roster battles once you look beyond the starters. The games themselves only reveal a bit but are still interesting pieces of the puzzle.

The offensive line is the most intriguing unit for me because there is so much speculation and no hard information. Is it fair to say that Alvin Bailey is the surprise of training camp? If McQuistan gets the job over Carpenter then I think it is plausible that Bailey makes the squad as the backup LT. Is Moffitt getting reps at center in order to possibly free up Jeanpierre's spot? Carpenter or McQuistan? Sweezy or Moffitt? Can Okung improve on 13! penalties this year?

kearly

Reaction score
AgentDib":dkz7drvq said:
The offensive line is the most intriguing unit for me because there is so much speculation and no hard information. Is it fair to say that Alvin Bailey is the surprise of training camp? If McQuistan gets the job over Carpenter then I think it is plausible that Bailey makes the squad as the backup LT. Is Moffitt getting reps at center in order to possibly free up Jeanpierre's spot? Carpenter or McQuistan? Sweezy or Moffitt? Can Okung improve on 13! penalties this year?

Additionally, JR Sweezy showed last year that all bets are off.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I don't remember there being much of a QB controversy last year going into the preseason games.

I think most of us were content that Flynn was going to be the guy, then we saw Wilson play and went... this dude can play... he might be better than Flynn...

Then there was a little QB controversy for a while.

In response to the original question, I'm just looking forward to seeing some of the young guys fight for roster spots, and hoping none of the major players get seriously hurt.

Subzero717

Reaction score
This pre season feels like this years draft. I'm into it now that it's here but not like the last 4 seasons.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pete's comments about O-line players getting a lot of procedural penalties IN CAMP could make for some long and frustrating games in the pre-season.

themunn

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3qlu2znl said:
kearly":3qlu2znl said:
Bobby Wagner is our only linebacker who should feel safe about keeping a full time job- the competition is going to be intense at LB.

"I beg to differ"...

Love, K.J. Wright

I get the impression that kearly really doesn't like Wright, as I've seen a lot of comments of similar ilk, even before we picked up more linebackers.

KJ is a stone cold lock to start

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":2hia1ute said:
FlyingGreg":2hia1ute said:
kearly":2hia1ute said:

"I beg to differ"...

Love, K.J. Wright

Wright's in competition for his job with one of the other linebackers, or am I just going senile 50 years early? Granted, whoever he's competing with, Wright would probably win.

I don't think Wright is underrated. I think .net has him pegged pretty well.

You are going senile. Wright is a lock to start at the Will.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":3ftxl3os said:
I don't remember there being much of a QB controversy last year going into the preseason games.

I think most of us were content that Flynn was going to be the guy, then we saw Wilson play and went... this dude can play... he might be better than Flynn...

Then there was a little QB controversy for a while.

In response to the original question, I'm just looking forward to seeing some of the young guys fight for roster spots, and hoping none of the major players get seriously hurt.

Not sure about that... I seem to remember a degree of clamour for Wilson from some people, myself included. Really just felt like we might as well see what we have with RW who had potential rather than just plod on with an obvious place holder in Flynn. After one pre-season game that intensified. By Denver it had exploded.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
I'm getting a 30 pack up in this bitch for tonight. I'm super excited

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm excited because from now on there is football every week until our last game February 2, 2014 :thirishdrinkers:

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm excited to see the new players, see the new uni's again (live) see the starters and how the gel for the 2,3 possesions they'll be out there.

but mostly i'm excited because i've never been this informed about my team than i have been since i joined the .NET.. I'll be looking at positions and roster competitions that I would have never considered to focus on.. I appreciate all the info shared on this board, and because of that, i've never been more excited about a start of a season than I am now. much props to the members of this board...(and guests)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Scottemojo":q6znz2s5 said:
Pete's comments about O-line players getting a lot of procedural penalties IN CAMP could make for some long and frustrating games in the pre-season.

And it happened over and over when I was there! They had terrible technique and concentration.

The Radish

Reaction score
That's the thing you see in really great teams. They go right down the field and don't get stupid penaltys that stall drives.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Radish":hbl864ew said:
That's the thing you see in really great teams. They go right down the field and don't get stupid penaltys that stall drives.

Our offense under Pete Carroll has rarely done that, even in our best moments. Instead, we've been more the type of offense to score off big plays, because we've become weirdly and unusually good at keeping the big plays coming. Adding a steady, methodical quality will only give us more dimensions, but it'll have to wait until our O-line becomes more reliable.