Man finds artillery shell in back yard

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Man finds artillery shell in back yard
Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:20 am

• It happens.

My older brother and I when I was a kid in Tennessee, were playing in a creek near our house. We found an old artillery shell like this sticking out of the creek bed.

We ran like hell and called the police. I remember the Army actually coming out and taking it away. We were near Ft. Campbell.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:It happens.

My older brother and I when I was a kid in Tennessee, were playing in a creek near our house. We found an old artillery shell like this sticking out of the creek bed.

We ran like hell and called the police. I remember the Army actually coming out and taking it away. We were near Ft. Campbell.

Did they defuse it first? I sometimes wonder how people strolling the beaches of France don't trip over land mines that littered the beaches in the mid 1940's.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• People are still tripping mines in Cambodia from the Vietnam crisis.

Terrible stuff.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:It happens.

Did they defuse it first? I sometimes wonder how people strolling the beaches of France don't trip over land mines that littered the beaches in the mid 1940's.

Not sure, was pretty young. Don't know if it was live or not, just remember the activity afterwards watching from afar. Was really exciting as a kid! :lol:
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Not sure, was pretty young. Don't know if it was live or not, just remember the activity afterwards watching from afar. Was really exciting as a kid! :lol:

That must have been pretty cool. I would have been gacked to find something like that.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• This was mentioned last week.

The guy actually picked it up and carried it to where it is.
    Please God, give us some football,,,quickly!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Largent80 wrote:People are still tripping mines in Cambodia from the Vietnam crisis.

Terrible stuff.

I used to be in a Cambodian death squad like you, until I took an arrow to the knee.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:People are still tripping mines in Cambodia from the Vietnam crisis.

Terrible stuff.

Yeah there's still a bit over there. They've done a great job in removing tons in recent years though
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:People are still tripping mines in Cambodia from the Vietnam crisis.

Terrible stuff.

I used to be in a Cambodian death squad like you, until I took an arrow to the knee.

You're not funny.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:People are still tripping mines in Cambodia from the Vietnam crisis.

Terrible stuff.

You're not funny.

Easy tiger, just having a little fun with a well known quote from a video game...
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Hell, they're still digging stuff up in NE France and Belgium from WWI.

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:[quote="Largent80"]People are still tripping mines in Cambodia from the Vietnam crisis.

Terrible stuff.

You're not funny.

Easy tiger, just having a little fun with a well known quote from a video game...
    [/quote]

I don't care about the quote...I'm familiar with it. The first part of your sentence though, I admit, is a sensitive subject for me still.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• This is "Duke" we met him in Siem Reap. He had stepped on a mine a few years earlier, and survived. What a great spirit this man has.

Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information