RW Interview on ESPN

grizbob

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":234wab62 said:
-The Glove-":234wab62 said:
. I'm pretty sure they mean "eloquent".

I would guess that's what they're looking for, however they clearly aren't that articulate or well-spoken... 8)

and they aint got no good english :lol:

NinerBuff

Reaction score
ok, i can see the confusion... I was more referring to affluent as worldly, wealth of knowledge... but eloquent is also apropos...

nevermind... carry on

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
NinerBuff":2z9ums8v said:
ok, i can see the confusion... I was more referring to affluent as worldly, wealth of knowledge... but eloquent is also apropos...

nevermind... carry on

Typical niner fan, still unaware of the meaning of a word. Here I did the work for you:

af·flu·ent
[af-loo-uhnt or, often, uh-floo-] Show IPA
adjective
having an abundance of wealth, property, or other material goods; prosperous; rich: an affluent person.
abounding in anything; abundant.
flowing freely: an affluent fountain.
noun
a tributary stream.
an affluent person: a luxurious resort appealing to young affluents.

Worldly? Not exactly.

themunn

Reaction score
I don't understand, it makes perfect sense to use the word affluent in that context.
Maybe not my word of choice but it's certainly not incorrect

[Edit] See Post Above

"flowing freely"

If there's one thing that can be said about Russell Wilson's media presentation, it's that it flows about as freely as anyone I've ever seen

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
themunn":agqtizpd said:
I don't understand, it makes perfect sense to use the word affluent in that context.
Maybe not my word of choice but it's certainly not incorrect

[Edit] See Post Above

"flowing freely"

If there's one thing that can be said about Russell Wilson's media presentation, it's that it flows about as freely as anyone I've ever seen

Not in the context that the original writer meant. We could say that someone who won't shut the heck up is affluent in his or her speech, but it's almost certain that the original writer was trying to talk about how articulate Russell Wilson is rather than how much he talks.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1gw7nr1i said:
-The Glove-":1gw7nr1i said:
SeaTown81":1gw7nr1i said:
Juxtapose this with the video of Kaepernick showing off his shoe collection.
Does every thread about RW have to have a comment like this?

RW is the man...he's a perfect fit for and representation of Seattle: humble, overlooked, hardworking.

I wanna know where the video of the shoes is.
It was in his ESPN "Bodies" shoot. If you just want to see the shoes...go to the 2:00 mark for about a minute. He has HUNDREDS of shoes!
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/bod ... n-magazine
This also shows me how opposite Kaep and Russ are! Russ would have NO time for that!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2ax0fgxn said:
NinerBuff":2ax0fgxn said:
He's definitely one of the most affluent athletes I've ever seen... definite politician in his future

affluent, I don't think you know what that word means. But what can you expect from a whiner fan.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/affluent

Articulate probably would have been a better word, but affluent's not bad. No need to ball bust.

kearly

Reaction score
To be fair, by the time Russell Wilson runs for President he'll be Tiger Woods rich. Maybe ninerfan was just seeing the future?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
When I see videos like this, it makes me believe there's nothing Wilson can't do. Underneath all the coach speak, you really sense the spark that drives him and puts him a different level.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1750k2f9 said:
I think Russ got laid that morning. I've never seen his face that animated in an interview before. Sweet. :D

I don't think so. He wasn't wearing a red polo shirt and black pants.

AVL

Reaction score
God, I hope politics never enters his mind. Politically, any friend of Mitt's is not a friend of mine.
I'd like to see him give coaching a try after playing.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
AVL":25lwj0kz said:
God, I hope politics never enters his mind. Politically, any friend of Mitt's is not a friend of mine.
I'd like to see him give coaching a try after playing.

WTF does Mitt have to do with anything?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the sidelines at a nice college on Saturdays. He loves kids, teaching/learning, and football....it makes perfect sense.