Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3mgbsry0 said:
Uncle Si":3mgbsry0 said:
Well shit... You happy Gate?

Finally I guess

Adam Lock ‏@Lockie17 45m
BREAKING: Arsenal have had a £45 million bid accepted for Luis Suarez http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14606020 … @Pablo_Jenkins @Karlton81

LOL

Saw this earlier.

Saw someone do the same thing on Facebook, only they did it with Man U and Cesc. The link took you to the match report of the 6-1 Manchester Derby a few years ago.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bottom half? Gate you've officially outdone yourself... Can no longer take you seriously.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":qtvx45im said:
Bottom half? Gate you've officially outdone yourself... Can no longer take you seriously.

Well when you've finished near the middle with him, how do you think you'll actually do if he were to leave? Liverpool aren't exactly genius' when it comes to replacing key losses(I'm surprised they got as much as they did for Carroll's transfer to West Ham), don't say Arsenal's no better cause they've at least maintained finishing Top 4 despite losing key players in each of the last 5 summers.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1ghutdwz said:
Uncle Si":1ghutdwz said:

Well when you've finished near the middle with him, how do you think you'll actually do if he were to leave? Liverpool aren't exactly genius' when it comes to replacing key losses(I'm surprised they got as much as they did for Carroll's transfer to West Ham), don't say Arsenal's no better cause they've at least maintained finishing Top 4 despite losing key players in each of the last 5 summers.

Still cant

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Well Suarez has gone and done it now....

2 words for you Luis: Carlos Tevez

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2zpel9bo said:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer

Intriguing interview the Guardian had with Suarez.

That's intriguing? You need to get out more

He just dug himself a deeper hole and raised his price to Arsenal

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":10egqann said:
Gatehawk":10egqann said:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer

Intriguing interview the Guardian had with Suarez.

That's intriguing? You need to get out more

He just dug himself a deeper hole and raised his price to Arsenal

Text doesn't necessarily help people realize when sarcasm is being used. And if Liverpool raise his price after this, then who's really being classless now?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Suarez has only repeated what we all new. So no its not intriguing. 55 million. That's the price Gate. Its business. And to assume Liverpool should somehow grant him or Arsenal some discount after staying loyal to the player despite the embarrassment he's caused the club over two years is really naive.

I'm sorry you've not figured it out yet. Arsenal hasn't. Suarez hasn't. Really surprised how desperate Arsenal is. Do you really want a player like Suarez? I mean honestly?

Shocking. Desperate. Funny

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2oj6i614 said:
I ain't bovvered. Liverpool are holding all the cards here. Transfer requests mean very little when you've 3 years remaining on your contract. Liverpool can hold out for the right price - as I've said all along. 55 mil seems to be it, so we'll see who flinches first here. Seems like Arsenal are putting all of their transfer eggs in one basket here.

Not bothered. Just don't want him at Arsenal. Chelsea's in now apparently. Happy to business with them again.

Where is PSG or Monaco when you need them

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2vv6cvm4 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2vv6cvm4 said:
Barcelona bid accepted for Agger. 18 million

Link? I'm not seeing this anywhere, and would be very surprised since they just today tabled a fresh bid to Chelsea for Luiz.

Not accepted. Tabled. Ayre already declined. BR said he's not selling.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Liverpool should just sell Suarez? Keeping him is doing nobody any good now, especially with Rodgers now claiming that Suarez is being disrespectful. I don't even care who he goes to, JUST LET HIM LEAVE SO WE GET THIS CRAP OVER WITH!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1thv9hbv said:
Uncle Si":1thv9hbv said:
You wouldn't have an idea of club pride.

You're kidding right? You seriously think I don't know what club pride is?

If you truly did you wouldn't have asked the question you did

Dren

Reaction score
Uncle Si":15k2i5uj said:
Gatehawk":15k2i5uj said:
Uncle Si":15k2i5uj said:
You wouldn't have an idea of club pride.

You're kidding right? You seriously think I don't know what club pride is?

If you truly did you wouldn't have asked the question you did

"There were no promises made, categorically none and no promises broken," Rodgers told reporters in Norway after Liverpool's friendly game on Wednesday night. "Obviously, the remarks I've read, it is bitterly disappointing, but my job is bigger than that. My job is to fight and protect the club.

"We have a standard at Liverpool and I will fight for my life to retain it. The Liverpool way is all about being committed to the cause and fighting for the shirt. It's also about dignity and being dignified in how you speak about the club. And it’s about unity. If anyone steps outside of those values then I have to deal with it.

"I will take strong, decisive action, absolutely, as there has been total disrespect of the club. This is a lack of respect of a club that has given him everything. Absolutely everything."

With that being said, I don't think you should bow to the whims of a player such as Suarez. Next thing you know, every player who wants to jump ship from Liverpool will act as if they're free to do so and will point to this situation.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Thank you Dren....

I applauded Mancini when he put Tevez in his place and I stand by Rodgers for standing for the ideals of the club before the whims of a player.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
So it's too much to ask for just one day where Rodgers doesn't make a comment ripping Suarez or Arsenal?

Or just no comment other than about the upcoming season that doesn't involve Suarez.