Surprise rival for seahawks...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:It's easy to say that now. Just wait, Bradford is going to give you plenty of reason to be afraid. It won't surprise me if he has a better year than Wilson in our new offense.

Oh, give me a freaking break. How delusional are you? Let's compare their stats. I'll even cherry-pick Bradford's best stats regardless of what year they're from.

Wilson: 64.1% completion rating, 7.9 yard average, 26 TDs, 10 ints, 33 sacks, 100 passer rating.
    Bradford: 60.00% completion rating, 6.7 yard average, 21 TDs, 6 ints (only played half the season in that year, though), 34 sacks, 82.6 passer rating.

That's right, in 3 years, Bradford hasn't had a single major stat as good as the ones from Wilson's rookie season. Hell, in Bradford's half-season last year he STILL took more sacks (36) than Wilson did in a full 16 games in his ROOKIE year! Also remember that I picked Bradford's BEST stats from his whole NFL career to date, not all the ones from his best year.

This isn't even debatable. Bradford has to improve by a good margin to even have a reasonable discussion about holding Wilson's jockstrap.

Good Lord, some of you Rams fans are delusional. You have a nasty case of "Luck-itis"; Bradford was the #1 overall pick, so he has to be awesome. Yeah, right. :roll:

Haha your retort was off base. I made a prediction of this season, and you went back to last season. How many times do I have to say this year's Rams and last year's are not comparable?

This is a list of new starters on offense in comparison to last season this time last year.

Last year ----this year

Slot WR-Ammendola/Austin
    LT-Saffold/Long
    RT-Richardson/Saffold
    TE-Kendricks/Cook
    WO1-Gibson/Quick
    RB'S-Jackson/Commitee

Dude, that is super close to being an upgrade across the board. That's 6 out of 11 starting spots rotated or changed all together. You know your Seahawks, but you don't know the Rams worth a darn. On top of that, I question your ability to come up with an original idea. Anyone can look up the stats. Im happy stats mean everything to you and losing in the Playoffs was so easily brushed off.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:23 pm
  • That would be chromosome number 21 correct? An extra one?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:28 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:That would be chromosome number 21 correct? An extra one?

His mom keeps it in her jewelry safe, next to the zirconias. In case he loses one of the others.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 pm
  • In 2009 the 49ers were 5-1 within the division and where did that get them? Sitting at home watching the playoffs.
    In 2010 the 49ers were 4-2 within the division and where did that get them? Sitting at home watching the playoffs.

Take a few deep breaths and wait for the season to start before your brain explodes.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:47 pm
  • Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?

8-0 in their division would mean they're playing in the AFCCG or the Super Bowl.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?

That was 2010. They went 6-0 in the division and finished at 8-8. The only two non-divisional opponents they defeated were..... drumroll please.....

The Rams and the Seahawks. Lol.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... i/2010.htm
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:07 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?

That was 2010. They went 6-0 in the division and finished at 8-8. The only two non-divisional opponents they defeated were..... drumroll please.....

Funny. I remember that game, we lost Red Bryant due to injury in it and they ran WILD. 239 yards rushing against us. :(
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:LOL the short bus rolls in. You know what? Good QBs help their teams. Yours doesn't. Also, way to point out one game when he was referring to the second half of the season.

You have no excuses for Bradford. Bad O-line? Already proved that wrong. No weapons at WR? Well, the Seahawks WR corps was considered a joke before Wilson came, and all of a sudden they were good and effective with him passing.

Stop making excuses for him.

Taking a team from 1 win to 7 as a rookie isn't helping? Taking an UFA who was cut from 2 teams and even cut from a practice squad and helping him become one of the best slot receivers in the game isn't helping? Helping a rookie receiver set a record by hitting him for a 50+ reception in 5 consecutive games isn't helping?

Selling Bradford short with all of his accomplishments is just silly. As a rookie he out produced some great QBs and last season he outproduced his rookie season. All with almost no tools.

Considering what he had, he hasn't had a bad season yet. 2011 the Rams had unprecedented injuries. 35 members of that team aren't even in the NFL anymore.

Ah well, no reason to explain to you, you'll see.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:46 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    SoHo9erFan wrote:Blah, blah, blah. Sure, you guys actually get to field a halfway decent team this season. Doesn't mean you should expect a playoff birth. I am willing to bet you $1,000 dollars they will have a worse record than the 49ers. Swear to god. We can do it over paypal or something. I'm sure we can figure a legitimate way to make this bet worth. If you're so confident you should be willing to do it.

How did the 49ers lose talent?? I'm not disagreeing, I just want to see how knowledgable you are about other teams outside the Rams. Because, as of right now, every fanbase in the league is behaving like you are. Everyone is ultra confident in TC, but by Week 10 I guarantee you that you won't be as optimistic as you are right now.

As if Crabtree wasn't enough? Dude, they are using UDFA QB's as wide receivers they are so desperate right now. Go look.

OK, I have $50 for seahawks.net if you do for ramsondemand.com.

The bet I'll offer is this: Rams win more division games than the Niners.

Bet?

You have no idea how the NFL works.

First of all, Crabtree will return in November. It's not like he is done for the year. He will play in the December 1 game at Candlestick. And since you weren't able to list anymore downgrades, I guess that means the 49ers will be the same successful team as last season.

Second of all, the 49ers never have good WRs. In the PLAYOFFS the last two seasons (somehow Rams fans forgot how difficult it is to make the playoffs) we put out players like Ted Ginn Jr., Chad Hall, and an aging Randy Moss due to injuries. This isn't the first time the 49ers haven't fielded a competent WR core. Tom Brady won a SB with Deion Branch as his #1 and a bunch of no names as depth. I'm not comparing Kaep to Brady, but that proves that you don't need blue-chip players at WR to win a championship.

Third of all, the 49ers have a top 3 running game in the NFL. Gore, Hunter, James, and Kaep have the ability to rush for over 200 yards in any game. We also have Vernon Davis and an impressive rookie at TE. It's not like the 49ers offense is going to struggle this season.

Jeez, Rams fans have had to deal with complete shit at the skilled positions the last decade and they forgot what it was like to have marginal talent. Now that they have these young players out wide, they think they are the second coming.

That's not how the NFL works.

And no BET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love how you change the terms of the bet. You don't make the playoffs by winning the most games in the division. LOL so pathetic. You surprised the 49ers and Seahawks last season but both teams will be prepared to handle your mediocre team. And you won't win more than 4 games outside the division so I expect another subpar season for the Rams. 7-9 seems most realistic.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:25 am
  • SoHo9erFan wrote:...you won't win more than 4 games outside the division so I expect another subpar season for the Rams. 7-9 seems most realistic.

Great, there's the line, I'll take the over for $50. Bet?
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:52 am
  • SoHo9erFan wrote:Jeez, Rams fans have had to deal with complete shit at the skilled positions the last decade and they forgot what it was like to have marginal talent. Now that they have these young players out wide, they think they are the second coming.

Yep. They are the second coming. If the O line holds, it's going to be something to see.

This is a three team race whether you understand it or not.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    SoHo9erFan wrote:Jeez, Rams fans have had to deal with complete shit at the skilled positions the last decade and they forgot what it was like to have marginal talent. Now that they have these young players out wide, they think they are the second coming.

Yep. They are the second coming. If the O line holds, it's going to be something to see.

3 team? You change your opinion with every post. Thought the Rams had won already, and there was no contest. We're just waiting for the networks to lift the blackout and show us the 19-0 season you've told us is coming.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:Taking a team from 1 win to 7 as a rookie isn't helping? Taking an UFA who was cut from 2 teams and even cut from a practice squad and helping him become one of the best slot receivers in the game isn't helping? Helping a rookie receiver set a record by hitting him for a 50+ reception in 5 consecutive games isn't helping?

Selling Bradford short with all of his accomplishments is just silly. As a rookie he out produced some great QBs and last season he outproduced his rookie season. All with almost no tools.

Considering what he had, he hasn't had a bad season yet. 2011 the Rams had unprecedented injuries. 35 members of that team aren't even in the NFL anymore.

Ah well, no reason to explain to you, you'll see.

Sigh. Of course he helped the team when he was drafted. Nobody is calling him a TERRIBLE quarterback, stop being so defensive. He is just average at best. Is it possible he may turn into a good QB? Sure, anything can happen; but if you haven't shown signs of brilliance after 3 years, it's pretty unlikely. Harbaugh was able to pull a rabbit out of his hat with Alex Smith, but that only worked with a suffocating defense, an elite running game, and a simple passing game that never went deep. The Stache© can try that with Bradford, but without a really dominant running game, it won't work like it did with Smith.

In regards to the 5 consecutive 50+ yard reception games, how many of those travelled 20+ yards in the air?

Also, what "great QBs" did he out-produce in his rookie season? Serious question, I want to know who you're referring to.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:12 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Sigh. Of course he helped the team when he was drafted. Nobody is calling him a TERRIBLE quarterback, stop being so defensive. He is just average at best. Is it possible he may turn into a good QB? Sure, anything can happen; but if you haven't shown signs of brilliance after 3 years, it's pretty unlikely. Harbaugh was able to pull a rabbit out of his hat with Alex Smith, but that only worked with a suffocating defense, an elite running game, and a simple passing game that never went deep. The Stache© can try that with Bradford, but without a really dominant running game, it won't work like it did with Smith.

In regards to the 5 consecutive 50+ yard reception games, how many of those travelled 20+ yards in the air?

Also, what "great QBs" did he out-produce in his rookie season? Serious question, I want to know who you're referring to.

"However, the Buccaneers posted 2–14 records in each of Young's two seasons with them, and Young's record as starter was 3–16. In his 19 games, he threw for only 11 touchdowns with 21 interceptions while completing fewer than 55% of his passes."

I guess Young was well below average at best.

If you aren't aware of all the rookie records Bradford set surpassing QB's like Manning, you should go read about them.

Makes no difference, he will school the Hawks this season now that he has some kind of offensive weapons and line.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:14 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:
    SoHo9erFan wrote:Jeez, Rams fans have had to deal with complete shit at the skilled positions the last decade and they forgot what it was like to have marginal talent. Now that they have these young players out wide, they think they are the second coming.

3 team? You change your opinion with every post. Thought the Rams had won already, and there was no contest. We're just waiting for the networks to lift the blackout and show us the 19-0 season you've told us is coming.

Well, you got me. Two team race. We all know the Niners are cooked.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:55 pm
  • I understand the animosity towards the Rams. You guys are scared and with good reason. I'll bet this much, my Rams have you more worried than the Niners/Seahawks worry me. At least the Rams aren't missing any starters. Not to mention the Rams have the most athletic team in this division. I'm sure you will feel overwhelmed with sorrow when you see the Rams this season as your "deep payoff" dreams begin to develope cracks.

It's not gonna be your year, again, Niners/Seahawks. Drop the blatantly overconfident comments, you look foolish.

If anything, Atlanta looks to have a better team than anyone in our division if their defense can step up.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:27 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?

Haha you the worste receiving core in the division! enjoy your Super Bowl Hangover.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:31 pm
  • Draft Tavon Austin and Steadman Bailey and run Brian Quick out there, and all of a sudden the Rams are going to compete for the division?

Look, the D-Line is strong, obviously, and Fisher can coach 'em up, but depending on a bunch of WRs, many of whom have not had the two full seasons that it usually takes the non-freaks like Julio Jones to become productive, as proof that your offense will be good is probably a bad idea.

Plus if Sam Bradford fails this year, what will be the excuse then?
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:40 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:Draft Tavon Austin and Steadman Bailey and run Brian Quick out there, and all of a sudden the Rams are going to compete for the division?

Look, the D-Line is strong, obviously, and Fisher can coach 'em up, but depending on a bunch of WRs, many of whom have not had the two full seasons that it usually takes the non-freaks like Julio Jones to become productive, as proof that your offense will be good is probably a bad idea.

Plus if Sam Bradford fails this year, what will be the excuse then?

They'll just come back next year repeating the same mantra, albeit talking about how their receivers are taking a step forward this year due to reports from camp and that's going to bail out Bradford.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:49 pm
  • mr.stlouis wrote:If anything, Atlanta looks to have a better team than anyone in our division if their defense can step up.

Okay, now this is ridiculous. Atlanta was and is an 11-5 team that overperformed last year.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:50 pm
  • Telling Seahawks fans they look foolish on their own forum is definitely a recipe for quality discussion, mr.stlouis. Particularly when their rookie QB won a playoff game and went 11-5, and things are only looking up.

If you want to actually stay around here, stop being such a homer and expecting the Seahawks to tank when zero signs point toward that happening. What, losing Harvin dooms us? We did very well last year without him.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:27 pm
  • This thread is so awesome! :th2thumbs:
    MagHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:15 pm
  • mr.stlouis wrote:I understand the animosity towards the Rams. You guys are scared and with good reason. I'll bet this much, my Rams have you more worried than the Niners/Seahawks worry me. At least the Rams aren't missing any starters. Not to mention the Rams have the most athletic team in this division. I'm sure you will feel overwhelmed with sorrow when you see the Rams this season as your "deep payoff" dreams begin to develope cracks.

It's not gonna be your year, again, Niners/Seahawks. Drop the blatantly overconfident comments, you look foolish.

If anything, Atlanta looks to have a better team than anyone in our division if their defense can step up.

Cmon man now your getting way too blatant. You were actually doing a decent job trolling and youve just gone and ruined your entire days's work (Because I assume you dont have a real job this is your work)

2/10 trolling job. Better luck next time.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:40 pm
  • GSOT ll

No Rams fan should ever utter those words or that acronym. It's disrespectful to the historical significance of going from worst to first when the odds were 200-1 against you (actual vegas odds).

In comparison, this season is only 40-1 odds to win the Super Bowl. That's how much more this team is respected vs the GSOT.

This Rams team is the beginning of something uniquely special. I call it FSOT - Fastest Show On Turf - because it is. BOTH sides of the ball are uniquely fast. INTENTIONALLY fast.

Will we see offensive passing fireworks? We better hope so since that's where all the money went.

Will it be GSOT? NO! Nothing can be.

What it could (and dare I say "will") be is JUST AS COOL but in a different way. POWERFUL defense coupled with a fast paced, unpredictable, and FAST player offense that breaks the NFCW mold.

If we only wanted to do what the Hawks and Niners were doing, we would come in third.

EMBRACE the pass first offence because that is what the Rams could do best in the division. Unless, of course, you feel Richardson or Pead or Stacey or Gannaway is better than Lynch or Gore. AND, at the same time, we have a better D than Hawks or Niners.

If I'm wrong, and we aren't pass first, we've already lost the division. Rams CAN'T out run them and they CAN'T out D them. They CAN put one hell of a D on the field and destroy their secondary with the fastest passing game in a hurry up offense.

If your heart is set on being a big D first and run first team like them, we've already lost. Emulation may be the purest form of flattery, but it's no way to win a division when they do it better!

BOOKMARK THIS THREAD. MARK MY WORDS. HOLD ME TO THEM.

Shotty is lying (good for him). Fisher is Lying (good for him). The media is being sucked in (good for the Rams)! This is NOT a run first team hoping to win anything. They bet the entire house on the pass. Fisher came here for the pass. It WILL BE a pass first team.

LET IT BE WRITTEN, LET IT BE SO
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:52 pm
  • Seriously RamzFanz, stop spamming the same big reply across multiple threads before you get banned.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:56 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Telling Seahawks fans they look foolish on their own forum is definitely a recipe for quality discussion, mr.stlouis. Particularly when their rookie QB won a playoff game and went 11-5, and things are only looking up.

If you want to actually stay around here, stop being such a homer and expecting the Seahawks to tank when zero signs point toward that happening. What, losing Harvin dooms us? We did very well last year without him.

As a Rams fan, I agree.

The Hawks are by far the strongest proven team in the NFCW.

HOWEVER, the Rams are presenting the same dominating D (sack masters) with additional top tier D prospects AND an offense none of us has ever seen. And, by all accounts, it's looking awesome. Fast, consistent in their catching, and yards after the catch we haven't seen since Holt.

It COULD be all smoke, but when we are talking about 8 players, I doubt it. They only need 3-4 of them to pan out to be far superior to last season.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:58 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Seriously RamzFanz, stop spamming the same big reply across multiple threads before you get banned.

Sorry dude. It was just two threads and they wrere both Rams related.

Respect.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:02 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:HOWEVER, the Rams are presenting the same dominating D (sack masters) with additional top tier D prospects AND an offense none of us has ever seen. And, by all accounts, it's looking awesome. Fast, consistent in their catching, and yards after the catch we haven't seen since Holt.

It COULD be all smoke, but when we are talking about 8 players, I doubt it. They only need 3-4 of them to pan out to be far superior to last season.

You won't find a person on this forum that doesn't think your D-line is one of the top units in the NFL. I've personally said that at least 5 times in the past six months around here. I'll be curious to see how Bradford performs this year, now that he's got some decent receiving weaponry, and his O-line isn't bad. Really, combined with a very good defense, there's no excuse for him not to put up good, solid numbers for the year if he is who you think he is.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:19 am
  • If you want to be honest about Rams camp this week, it is kind of like our games. One day sucked bad for the O, and the next day they looked good.

That is per Fisher.

There is a lot to be excited about this year. Yes, we could play perfect and have the luck fall our way and rock every game. But realistically, we are a team with a lot of hot young talent about to learn how to play and become good together against a tough division and some tough road games. Lots to look forward to....nothing to brag about yet in my perspective. You have to earn that.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

"They call it Sack City because you'd rather live in a SACK."
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:41 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:If you want to be honest about Rams camp this week, it is kind of like our games. One day sucked bad for the O, and the next day they looked good.

That is per Fisher.

There is a lot to be excited about this year. Yes, we could play perfect and have the luck fall our way and rock every game. But realistically, we are a team with a lot of hot young talent about to learn how to play and become good together against a tough division and some tough road games. Lots to look forward to....nothing to brag about yet in my perspective. You have to earn that.

Nice post Red,

I have been reading this thread and can't help but get out a few chuckles. Haven't really seen or been exposed to to many Rams fans in recent years so I gotta say I am pretty surprised/amused at a couple of the posters repping your team in here. I actually feel sorry for fans like yourself and avenger who seem to be level headed and interested in actual conversation about the current events and upcoming season. The others are so ridiculous you can't possibly take them seriously as they come across as being straight out of the loony ben. Unfortunately those types give your entire fan base a bad rap and cause fans of other teams to hope you fail so those types will slide back into their troll hole.

Do you think they have any clue how stupid they really look?

Anyway, I have been saying for a while I believe you will sweep the Niners. Partly because I expect your team to be improved from last year while the Niners have digressed but also because I believe you are built to expose the Niners offense and the Niners are not built to stop guys like Austin. I don't expect your team to be to dynamic yet because the running game won't be explosive enough and the experience level just isn't there yet but next year with the extra first round picks and Fisher knowing the importance of a good RB plus more experience and time for units to gel, you could be dangerous.

Good luck, I will be watching.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:47 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:If you want to be honest about Rams camp this week, it is kind of like our games. One day sucked bad for the O, and the next day they looked good.

That is per Fisher.

Nice post Red,

I have been reading this thread and can't help but get out a few chuckles. Haven't really seen or been exposed to to many Rams fans in recent years so I gotta say I am pretty surprised/amused at a couple of the posters repping your team in here. I actually feel sorry for fans like yourself and avenger who seem to be level headed and interested in actual conversation about the current events and upcoming season. The others are so ridiculous you can't possibly take them seriously as they come across as being straight out of the loony ben. Unfortunately those types give your entire fan base a bad rap and cause fans of other teams to hope you fail so those types will slide back into their troll hole.

Do you think they have any clue how stupid they really look?

Anyway, I have been saying for a while I believe you will sweep the Niners. Partly because I expect your team to be improved from last year while the Niners have digressed but also because I believe you are built to expose the Niners offense and the Niners are not built to stop guys like Austin. I don't expect your team to be to dynamic yet because the running game won't be explosive enough and the experience level just isn't there yet but next year with the extra first round picks and Fisher knowing the importance of a good RB plus more experience and time for units to gel, you could be dangerous.

Good luck, I will be watching.

I think you're in for a shock. Honestly and with all sincerity setting all previous homer claims aside. Fisher / Snead aren't building a 2014 or 2015 team. They have already built a 2013 team.

Is the running game suspect? Sure. However, Richardson had more YPC than SJ39 and many longer runs. He also has very good hands. Add in Tavon Austin from the back field on occasion, an improved O line making holes for once, and several talented (but unproven) bruiser backs behind Richardson and it is POSSIBLE you may be wrong about the running game. You may also want to consider that with the new depth of very fast talent in the passing game, you won't be able to stack the box against the Rams this season and that will also help the running game significantly.

The passing game is unproven. That's true. But if you were going to field a team that was ready to shock the NFL in passing, this would be it. The speed is amazing. The variety of skill types is amazing. The hands are amazing. The play schemes possible are endless. The energy and confidence coming out of camp hasn't been seen here for a long long time.

When several of your receivers can beat one of the best corner tandems in the NFL consistently, you know you're on the right track.

I bet the Rams send 3-4 skill players to the pro-bowl this season. I bet Bradford and Givens will both be included.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 am
  • When several of your receivers can beat one of the best corner tandems in the NFL consistently, you know you're on the right track.

Yeah, when they actually do that on the field, get back with us.

:snack:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:03 am
  • RamzFanz wrote: I bet Bradford and Givens will both be included.

Yeah...With Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Papaki and Wilson all in the NFC, Bradford will make the Pro Bowl. You're dreaming.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote: I bet Bradford and Givens will both be included.

Yeah...With Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Papaki and Wilson all in the NFC, Bradford will make the Pro Bowl. You're dreaming.

Maybe so, maybe so.

When the O line was relatiely healthy the last 8 games last season with few weapons, Bradford had a 102 QB rating in the RZ. Better than Manning and Ryan.

If the O line stays healthy and the new O is what they are sure it is, you may be very surprised.

Game one preseason he has 148 QB rating. Let's see if he can keep that up.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:30 am
  • sutz wrote:
    When several of your receivers can beat one of the best corner tandems in the NFL consistently, you know you're on the right track.

Yeah, when they actually do that on the field, get back with us.

:snack:

They will and I will.

Good luck Hawks fans and remember kids, you're never too young to hate the Niners!
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information