Surprise rival for seahawks...

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2pob9ime said:
mr.stlouis":2pob9ime said:
It's easy to say that now. Just wait, Bradford is going to give you plenty of reason to be afraid. It won't surprise me if he has a better year than Wilson in our new offense.

Oh, give me a freaking break. How delusional are you? Let's compare their stats. I'll even cherry-pick Bradford's best stats regardless of what year they're from.

Wilson: 64.1% completion rating, 7.9 yard average, 26 TDs, 10 ints, 33 sacks, 100 passer rating.
Bradford: 60.00% completion rating, 6.7 yard average, 21 TDs, 6 ints (only played half the season in that year, though), 34 sacks, 82.6 passer rating.

That's right, in 3 years, Bradford hasn't had a single major stat as good as the ones from Wilson's rookie season. Hell, in Bradford's half-season last year he STILL took more sacks (36) than Wilson did in a full 16 games in his ROOKIE year! Also remember that I picked Bradford's BEST stats from his whole NFL career to date, not all the ones from his best year.

This isn't even debatable. Bradford has to improve by a good margin to even have a reasonable discussion about holding Wilson's jockstrap.

Good Lord, some of you Rams fans are delusional. You have a nasty case of "Luck-itis"; Bradford was the #1 overall pick, so he has to be awesome. Yeah, right. :roll:

Haha your retort was off base. I made a prediction of this season, and you went back to last season. How many times do I have to say this year's Rams and last year's are not comparable?

This is a list of new starters on offense in comparison to last season this time last year.

Last year ----this year

Slot WR-Ammendola/Austin
LT-Saffold/Long
RT-Richardson/Saffold
TE-Kendricks/Cook
WO1-Gibson/Quick
RB'S-Jackson/Commitee

Dude, that is super close to being an upgrade across the board. That's 6 out of 11 starting spots rotated or changed all together. You know your Seahawks, but you don't know the Rams worth a darn. On top of that, I question your ability to come up with an original idea. Anyone can look up the stats. Im happy stats mean everything to you and losing in the Playoffs was so easily brushed off.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3q2yr7a7 said:
That would be chromosome number 21 correct? An extra one?
His mom keeps it in her jewelry safe, next to the zirconias. In case he loses one of the others.

60niners

Reaction score
In 2009 the 49ers were 5-1 within the division and where did that get them? Sitting at home watching the playoffs.
In 2010 the 49ers were 4-2 within the division and where did that get them? Sitting at home watching the playoffs.

Take a few deep breaths and wait for the season to start before your brain explodes.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
60niners":22e8rhig said:
Throwdown":22e8rhig said:
Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?
That was 2010. They went 6-0 in the division and finished at 8-8. The only two non-divisional opponents they defeated were..... drumroll please.....

The Rams and the Seahawks. Lol.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... i/2010.htm
Funny. I remember that game, we lost Red Bryant due to injury in it and they ran WILD. 239 yards rushing against us. :(

RamzFanz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1hfh3j1l said:
LOL the short bus rolls in. You know what? Good QBs help their teams. Yours doesn't. Also, way to point out one game when he was referring to the second half of the season.

You have no excuses for Bradford. Bad O-line? Already proved that wrong. No weapons at WR? Well, the Seahawks WR corps was considered a joke before Wilson came, and all of a sudden they were good and effective with him passing.

Stop making excuses for him.

Taking a team from 1 win to 7 as a rookie isn't helping? Taking an UFA who was cut from 2 teams and even cut from a practice squad and helping him become one of the best slot receivers in the game isn't helping? Helping a rookie receiver set a record by hitting him for a 50+ reception in 5 consecutive games isn't helping?

Selling Bradford short with all of his accomplishments is just silly. As a rookie he out produced some great QBs and last season he outproduced his rookie season. All with almost no tools.

Considering what he had, he hasn't had a bad season yet. 2011 the Rams had unprecedented injuries. 35 members of that team aren't even in the NFL anymore.

Ah well, no reason to explain to you, you'll see.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
RamzFanz":3dlapu4c said:
SoHo9erFan":3dlapu4c said:
Blah, blah, blah. Sure, you guys actually get to field a halfway decent team this season. Doesn't mean you should expect a playoff birth. I am willing to bet you $1,000 dollars they will have a worse record than the 49ers. Swear to god. We can do it over paypal or something. I'm sure we can figure a legitimate way to make this bet worth. If you're so confident you should be willing to do it.

How did the 49ers lose talent?? I'm not disagreeing, I just want to see how knowledgable you are about other teams outside the Rams. Because, as of right now, every fanbase in the league is behaving like you are. Everyone is ultra confident in TC, but by Week 10 I guarantee you that you won't be as optimistic as you are right now.

As if Crabtree wasn't enough? Dude, they are using UDFA QB's as wide receivers they are so desperate right now. Go look.

OK, I have $50 for seahawks.net if you do for ramsondemand.com.

The bet I'll offer is this: Rams win more division games than the Niners.

Bet?
You have no idea how the NFL works.

First of all, Crabtree will return in November. It's not like he is done for the year. He will play in the December 1 game at Candlestick. And since you weren't able to list anymore downgrades, I guess that means the 49ers will be the same successful team as last season.

Second of all, the 49ers never have good WRs. In the PLAYOFFS the last two seasons (somehow Rams fans forgot how difficult it is to make the playoffs) we put out players like Ted Ginn Jr., Chad Hall, and an aging Randy Moss due to injuries. This isn't the first time the 49ers haven't fielded a competent WR core. Tom Brady won a SB with Deion Branch as his #1 and a bunch of no names as depth. I'm not comparing Kaep to Brady, but that proves that you don't need blue-chip players at WR to win a championship.

Third of all, the 49ers have a top 3 running game in the NFL. Gore, Hunter, James, and Kaep have the ability to rush for over 200 yards in any game. We also have Vernon Davis and an impressive rookie at TE. It's not like the 49ers offense is going to struggle this season.

Jeez, Rams fans have had to deal with complete shit at the skilled positions the last decade and they forgot what it was like to have marginal talent. Now that they have these young players out wide, they think they are the second coming.

That's not how the NFL works.

And no BET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love how you change the terms of the bet. You don't make the playoffs by winning the most games in the division. LOL so pathetic. You surprised the 49ers and Seahawks last season but both teams will be prepared to handle your mediocre team. And you won't win more than 4 games outside the division so I expect another subpar season for the Rams. 7-9 seems most realistic.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":s747fu7l said:
...you won't win more than 4 games outside the division so I expect another subpar season for the Rams. 7-9 seems most realistic.

Great, there's the line, I'll take the over for $50. Bet?

RamzFanz

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":24gah4oi said:
Jeez, Rams fans have had to deal with complete shit at the skilled positions the last decade and they forgot what it was like to have marginal talent. Now that they have these young players out wide, they think they are the second coming.

Yep. They are the second coming. If the O line holds, it's going to be something to see.

This is a three team race whether you understand it or not.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
RamzFanz":2ocehzf3 said:
SoHo9erFan":2ocehzf3 said:

Yep. They are the second coming. If the O line holds, it's going to be something to see.

3 team? You change your opinion with every post. Thought the Rams had won already, and there was no contest. We're just waiting for the networks to lift the blackout and show us the 19-0 season you've told us is coming.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RamzFanz":2ho1anrx said:
Taking a team from 1 win to 7 as a rookie isn't helping? Taking an UFA who was cut from 2 teams and even cut from a practice squad and helping him become one of the best slot receivers in the game isn't helping? Helping a rookie receiver set a record by hitting him for a 50+ reception in 5 consecutive games isn't helping?

Selling Bradford short with all of his accomplishments is just silly. As a rookie he out produced some great QBs and last season he outproduced his rookie season. All with almost no tools.

Considering what he had, he hasn't had a bad season yet. 2011 the Rams had unprecedented injuries. 35 members of that team aren't even in the NFL anymore.

Ah well, no reason to explain to you, you'll see.
Sigh. Of course he helped the team when he was drafted. Nobody is calling him a TERRIBLE quarterback, stop being so defensive. He is just average at best. Is it possible he may turn into a good QB? Sure, anything can happen; but if you haven't shown signs of brilliance after 3 years, it's pretty unlikely. Harbaugh was able to pull a rabbit out of his hat with Alex Smith, but that only worked with a suffocating defense, an elite running game, and a simple passing game that never went deep. The Stache© can try that with Bradford, but without a really dominant running game, it won't work like it did with Smith.

In regards to the 5 consecutive 50+ yard reception games, how many of those travelled 20+ yards in the air?

Also, what "great QBs" did he out-produce in his rookie season? Serious question, I want to know who you're referring to.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3kui5k72 said:
Sigh. Of course he helped the team when he was drafted. Nobody is calling him a TERRIBLE quarterback, stop being so defensive. He is just average at best. Is it possible he may turn into a good QB? Sure, anything can happen; but if you haven't shown signs of brilliance after 3 years, it's pretty unlikely. Harbaugh was able to pull a rabbit out of his hat with Alex Smith, but that only worked with a suffocating defense, an elite running game, and a simple passing game that never went deep. The Stache© can try that with Bradford, but without a really dominant running game, it won't work like it did with Smith.

In regards to the 5 consecutive 50+ yard reception games, how many of those travelled 20+ yards in the air?

Also, what "great QBs" did he out-produce in his rookie season? Serious question, I want to know who you're referring to.

"However, the Buccaneers posted 2–14 records in each of Young's two seasons with them, and Young's record as starter was 3–16. In his 19 games, he threw for only 11 touchdowns with 21 interceptions while completing fewer than 55% of his passes."

I guess Young was well below average at best.

If you aren't aware of all the rookie records Bradford set surpassing QB's like Manning, you should go read about them.

Makes no difference, he will school the Hawks this season now that he has some kind of offensive weapons and line.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Lady Talon":odzz6lfi said:
RamzFanz":odzz6lfi said:
SoHo9erFan":odzz6lfi said:

3 team? You change your opinion with every post. Thought the Rams had won already, and there was no contest. We're just waiting for the networks to lift the blackout and show us the 19-0 season you've told us is coming.

Well, you got me. Two team race. We all know the Niners are cooked.

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
I understand the animosity towards the Rams. You guys are scared and with good reason. I'll bet this much, my Rams have you more worried than the Niners/Seahawks worry me. At least the Rams aren't missing any starters. Not to mention the Rams have the most athletic team in this division. I'm sure you will feel overwhelmed with sorrow when you see the Rams this season as your "deep payoff" dreams begin to develope cracks.

It's not gonna be your year, again, Niners/Seahawks. Drop the blatantly overconfident comments, you look foolish.

If anything, Atlanta looks to have a better team than anyone in our division if their defense can step up.

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
60niners":1lyh4j90 said:
Throwdown":1lyh4j90 said:
Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?
That was 2010. They went 6-0 in the division and finished at 8-8. The only two non-divisional opponents they defeated were..... drumroll please.....

The Rams and the Seahawks. Lol.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... i/2010.htm

Haha you the worste receiving core in the division! enjoy your Super Bowl Hangover.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Draft Tavon Austin and Steadman Bailey and run Brian Quick out there, and all of a sudden the Rams are going to compete for the division?

Look, the D-Line is strong, obviously, and Fisher can coach 'em up, but depending on a bunch of WRs, many of whom have not had the two full seasons that it usually takes the non-freaks like Julio Jones to become productive, as proof that your offense will be good is probably a bad idea.

Plus if Sam Bradford fails this year, what will be the excuse then?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3483ougq said:
Draft Tavon Austin and Steadman Bailey and run Brian Quick out there, and all of a sudden the Rams are going to compete for the division?

Look, the D-Line is strong, obviously, and Fisher can coach 'em up, but depending on a bunch of WRs, many of whom have not had the two full seasons that it usually takes the non-freaks like Julio Jones to become productive, as proof that your offense will be good is probably a bad idea.

Plus if Sam Bradford fails this year, what will be the excuse then?

They'll just come back next year repeating the same mantra, albeit talking about how their receivers are taking a step forward this year due to reports from camp and that's going to bail out Bradford.