Surprise rival for seahawks...

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
RamzFanz":u4p3osig said:
"Williamson: I don't feel confident about it because there are giant unknowns. Brian Quick is one of them. They are so young. You hear all these great things about Austin Pettis, but he hasn't played much. Tavon Austin is an unknown. Stedman Bailey is an unknown. I like what's there. I don't think any of them are going to have Larry-like numbers. It'll be week to week. But if I had to take all the Rams' wideouts or all the Seahawks' wideouts without Harvin, I would take the Rams. There is a lot of talent there."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... r-injuries

That reasoning is flat out awful. Why you would quote it, I have no idea. So williamson is ranking them second, solely based on the fact that "there is a lot of talent" there? 1, that is incredibly subjective (and based on what evidence?). 2, he even says they are almost completely comprised of unknowns. Everyone said great things about the guys you drafted last year, and they crapped the bed, and will continue to crap in it. Austin and Bailey need to play in the NFL, and prove they can do anything. Just a silly analysis IMO.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Lady Talon":270kac4a said:
Perhaps you meant the Big East instead of the SEC? There's a rather large dropoff.

Have the Rams never picked up a rookie first round WR that didn't live up to expectations or something? Good luck hoping they both break NFL single season receiving yardage records and TD records simultaneously, based solely upon their Big East numbers and fan wishes.

Big 12. Sorry. I meant Big 12.

All TA needs to do is return well and contribute at WR. That, with Givens, Cook, Kendricks, will far outproduce last season. The rest is frosting on the cake.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1r6ujlw1 said:
That reasoning is flat out awful. Why you would quote it, I have no idea. So williamson is ranking them second, solely based on the fact that "there is a lot of talent" there? 1, that is incredibly subjective (and based on what evidence?). 2, he even says they are almost completely comprised of unknowns. Everyone said great things about the guys you drafted last year, and they crapped the bed, and will continue to crap in it. Austin and Bailey need to play in the NFL, and prove they can do anything. Just a silly analysis IMO.

You reach a point where the talent is so sweet and so deep at a position it is reasonable to assume enough will produce based upon their history.

I'm a skeptic. I was NOT raving about the prospects last season.

Not this season. It's too deep to ignore. The guys you say thet "crapped the bed" because they are taking time to develop? Do you know anything about WRs in the NFL? Givens rocked with a rookie record 5 consecutive games with a 50+ yard catch and Quick and Pettis are looking like it's break out time.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
60niners":3o0sjtk7 said:
You two should make the bet and the proceeds go to the winner's charity of choice.

I notice you weren't jumping in.

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
hawk45":1tcmr024 said:
The secondary is the unquestionable strength of the defense and Rams and Bradford are going to take it apart?

Not buying it. 9ers are the number one threat by far.

I'm not what you asked, either. The strength of the Rams D is their D-Line.

Long-Langford-Brockers-Quinn

That's could be tops in the NFL.

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
RamzFanz":9mm0tloj said:
Coug_Hawk08":9mm0tloj said:

You reach a point where the talent is so sweet and so deep at a position it is reasonable to assume enough will produce based upon their history.

Not this season. It's too deep to ignore. The guys you say thet "crapped the bed" because they are taking time to develop? Do you know anything about WRs in the NFL? Givens rocked with a rookie record 5 consecutive games with a 50+ yard catch and Quick and Pettis are looking like it's break out time.

I second this. Man knows what he's talking about.

Pettis had the best spring which surprised Ram fans. He's coming into his own.

Don't sleep on Quick! He has the tools and came from a small school. Reports say he is looking a lot more comfortable and is making plays. Here's an example of his progression...

http://instagram.com/p/ccglDZgr8t/

He doesn't come close to running the route that well this time last season. He's getting more polished all the time. That's a credit to our coaches.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
RamzFanz":l09uk7pq said:
Coug_Hawk08":l09uk7pq said:

Talent does not directly = production. No one on that team has proved anything offensively in the NFL, period.

You are a skeptic? Lol, hope we dont get any of those overly optimistic rams fans around :roll:

Arent you kind of proving my point by saying WRs take a long time to develop? You are telling me Austin and Bailey are gong to come in day one and take the NFL by storm, and then you say WRs take a while. . . Again "looking like", and actually doing it are totally different. Rams offense = joke until otherwise PROVEN during the regular season. You guys are really running with a few camp write-ups.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1z082pax said:
Talent does not directly = production. No one on that team has proved anything offensively in the NFL, period.

You are a skeptic? Lol, hope we dont get any of those overly optimistic rams fans around :roll:

Arent you kind of proving my point by saying WRs take a long time to develop? You are telling me Austin and Bailey are gong to come in day one and take the NFL by storm, and then you say WRs take a while. . . Again "looking like", and actually doing it are totally different. Rams offense = joke until otherwise PROVEN during the regular season. You guys are really running with a few camp write-ups.

You should be reasonable and stop putting words in my mouth.

No one on the team has proved anything offensively? Not Bradford? Not Givens? Not Cook? Not Kendricks? Not Richardson? Not Wells or Saffold or long?

Dude, the offense that went undefeated by the Niners, swept the Cards, and Split and almost swept the Hawks, is now WAY more talented. Proven? Some yes, some no. DEEPLY TALENTED? Yep.

Will TA and Bailey be the next coming of (enter favorite WRs here)? Nope, maybe not the first season or ever. Are they the frosting on an already well baked cake? Yep.

Consider this:

The Hawks have trouble with small, fast, elusive receivers. TA is a small, lightning fast, and elusive receiver.
The Hawks have a very mobile QB who used that to split last season. Now the Rams have Ogletree.
The Rams had the WORST average field position in the NFL last season. If TA ONLY improves on that, they will win a lot more.

If the Rams have not yet created an NFL monster, they HAVE created an NFC-W monster.

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2ys4vr53 said:
RamzFanz":2ys4vr53 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2ys4vr53 said:

that chick... :shock: Wow

Lady Talon

Reaction score
You really should get off your pushing your rookie talent as a sign of NFC West dominance. lol

None of us care about Ogletree. When I see him knocking Lynch on his rear and nailing RW in the backfield, I'll take notice of him. Ogletree has proved nothing in the NFL except he can earn glowing reports in scrimmages versus his own team.

There were reasons the Hawks had trouble with those types of receivers last year. A perpetually hurting Nickel CB in Trufant among them. In case you haven't noticed the Seahawks addressed the very problem you speak of with a nickel CB that has proven a thing or two in the NFL.

If your planning on winning the 2012 NFC West, you had your chance at it. 2013 is a new year.

Your offense had little to do with the Seahawks losing in St. Louis last year. Your defense ended the game off an interception when a receiver fell down on his route. Since you know the Hawks had issues with little speedy receivers last year, I think you'd also figure if that receiver didn't fall, Russell Wilson would have at the least been knocking on the door to win that game, as he had a knack for it.

There are no almost wons in the NFL. You gave us trouble in the Clink, but winning or losing that game wouldn't have even changed our playoff berthing, not exactly a crowning acheivement to have made it close. As flawed thinking there as the 49ers that say you barely didn't lose against them because their kicker was average.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I get the feeling that if Jesse Lumsden broke a 10 yard run against the Rams all world defense in training camp these guys would predict him for a 2,000 yard season. Never before have I seen so much arrogance based on practice.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1yub1c73 said:
You really should get off your pushing your rookie talent as a sign of NFC West dominance. lol

None of us care about Ogletree. When I see him knocking Lynch on his rear and nailing RW in the backfield, I'll take notice of him. Ogletree has proved nothing in the NFL except he can earn glowing reports in scrimmages versus his own team.

There were reasons the Hawks had trouble with those types of receivers last year. A perpetually hurting Nickel CB in Trufant among them. In case you haven't noticed the Seahawks addressed the very problem you speak of with a nickel CB that has proven a thing or two in the NFL.

If your planning on winning the 2012 NFC West, you had your chance at it. 2013 is a new year.

Your offense had little to do with the Seahawks losing in St. Louis last year. Your defense ended the game off an interception when a receiver fell down on his route. Since you know the Hawks had issues with little speedy receivers last year, I think you'd also figure if that receiver didn't fall, Russell Wilson would have at the least been knocking on the door to win that game, as he had a knack for it.

There are no almost wons in the NFL. You gave us trouble in the Clink, but winning or losing that game wouldn't have even changed our playoff berthing, not exactly a crowning acheivement to have made it close. As flawed thinking there as the 49ers that say you barely didn't lose against them because their kicker was average.

Your logic is not creative and common.

In a nut shell, for those who are paying attention, game one, the Rams will field a better defense. Will they stay healthy and better? Who knows.

They will also field an offense you've never seen before. One that fits Bradford's strongest talents and one that is a huge departure from what you've ever seen from the Rams. They have deep talent at all sizes, speeds, and styles. If it's only mediocre it will be better than the team that beat and challenged the Hawks last season.

Back to the OP who is sending up the insightful flare, you KNOW the Niners are weaker. They should not be more of a worry to the Hawks.

Now, if you're paying attention, you might just agree that the Rams could be the bigger challenge.

The Rams are SO FAST on both O and D it really is shocking everyone. Add in a stronger O line and deep potential, and it gets very exciting.

Just so you get what I'm saying, we KNOW the Hawks will be good. What most don't know is that the Rams potential for being just as good this season or next, is nearly off the charts.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I know your potential is there, basing predictions that you have closed the gap on teams that are in the running off rookie LBs containing RW and thats that. As well as rookie WRs that are suddenly going to destroy a top 5 defense because it was weak to speedy little WRs yet took steps to improve that very weakness, is homerism in the first degree. Potential can get you nowhere as well. The lessons of NFL history haven't been suspended because you are excited about your team. lol

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2hss3v5m said:
I know your potential is there, basing predictions that you have closed the gap on teams that are in the running off rookie LBs containing RW and thats that. As well as rookie WRs that are suddenly going to destroy a top 5 defense because it was weak to speedy little WRs yet took steps to improve that very weakness, is homerism in the first degree. Potential can get you nowhere as well. The lessons of NFL history haven't been suspended because you are excited about your team. lol

Chris Long "Guys like myself and James who have been here the whole time have been really lucky to just kind of ride it out through the bad, and now we're on the upswing," Long said. "I really believe that. We have evidence to believe, we have reason to believe."

That is one of a thousand quotes I could deliver that Rams fans haven't seen in a decade that lead me to believe it's the real deal. I know nothing EXCEPT these guys aren't bluffing. It's not in their character or history.

Don't pretend that the Rams didn't hand the Hawks their hats WITHOUT Ogletree and this new perfect storm offense, they did. As a losing team they did.

What I wonder the most about the Hawks as a divisional rival coming to the Edward Jones Dome is will being game 8 mean they benefit from the wear and tear of 7 games or be most harmed because the Rams have half a season to prepare and learn.

It's obvious I won't convince you that a storms coming, but it is. Maybe not for the Hawks and maybe not for the NFL, but for many teams a storm is coming.

(and they don't see it)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's funny. You keep using the term perfect storm offense, and yet you don't have a running back half as good as Lynch or a QB a third as good as Wilson. If you think that Bradford throwing checkdowns is a perfect storm offense, just wait until your tiny little receivers meet a bad end at the hands of Browner, Chancellor, or Thomas. Speed kills, but so does getting trucked by someone 50 pounds bigger than you.

See gif below (repeated from page 3)

welker-hit-10-14-12.gif

Lady Talon

Reaction score
You don't have to convince me the Rams could improve drastically, I've said so here to the delight of other Hawk fans.

However, if your going to assume your team lives in a bubble of improvement because of untested rookies and training camp statements (Really? take a look at our fan forum, and you can find pie in the sky statements from players we trust as well), while everyone else stayed the same, the only place your convincing is a Rams board. You essentially have a 1 year sampling size of playing division rivals well (while bombing against some other teams spectacularly). Enough room for concern. But not until I see your product in a game that matters.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1h9gkj4j said:
It's funny. You keep using the term perfect storm offense, and yet you don't have a running back half as good as Lynch or a QB a third as good as Wilson. If you think that Bradford throwing checkdowns is a perfect storm offense, just wait until your tiny little receivers meet a bad end at the hands of Browner, Chancellor, or Thomas. Speed kills, but so does getting trucked by someone 50 pounds bigger than you.

What I'm loving most about this off season is I can point out a dozen reasons why the Rams will be far superior to their previous selves, who were STILL competitive in the NFCW, and the opposing fans have nothing to offer.

If Wilson is more than 3 times better than Bradford and the Hawks D is better than the Rams, how did they beat the Hawks once and almost twice?!?! Wasn't "Mr Elusive" Wilson sacked 8 times and didn't he throw 3 interceptions last season BEFORE the Rams had Ogletree? Didn't Mr 1/3 of Wilson throw more TDs with NO offensive weapons?

Ah well, we will see on the field soon enough. I'm sorry the Hawks blew 25 Million on a receiver the Rams don't get to play, it could have made it interesting.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Lady Talon":30yqf6zg said:
You don't have to convince me the Rams could improve drastically, I've said so here to the delight of other Hawk fans.

However, if your going to assume your team lives in a bubble of improvement because of untested rookies and training camp statements (Really? take a look at our fan forum, and you can find pie in the sky statements from players we trust as well), while everyone else stayed the same, the only place your convincing is a Rams board. You essentially have a 1 year sampling size of playing division rivals well (while bombing against some other teams spectacularly). Enough room for concern. But not until I see your product in a game that matters.

The last season mattered where the Hawks lost and almost lost twice. Now the Rams are going to field a far superior team to last season and the Hawks won't but the results will be worse for the Rams?

Seriously, I played fantasy football before anyone had any idea what it was and when you had to declare which newspaper you considered official because no one (other than myself) even had a computer much less internet.

This Rams potential is massive. Not good, not great, massive. Proven? Nope. Guaranteed? Nope? Potential? HUGE!

ESPN commentators just said today they would take the Rams WRs over the Hawks even though they are unproven. That was the first time I heard any agreement by the MSM that the Rams have huge upside at WR. Even the numbskulls are seeing it.

Now let's look at the Hawks and Niners. Have they done anything that is going to work out to a huge advantage? Nope. Hawks are as good and maybe a little better than last season and the Niners are worse.

Welcome to the world of reason and logic based upon possibilities.

By the way, in 26 years I've never taken lower than 4th in 13 team fantasy football. I know talent when I see it.

...and my profile pic has underboob so your opinion is invalid.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
How did those unbeatable Rams go 3-7 outside the NFC West? Division rivals regularly play each other tough. Maybe Ogletree gets you 4 more wins this year? Maybe he will play so well you can pull out a win versus the Jets?