Rams Fan First Post

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Rams Fan First Post
Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:37 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Jenkins is on the cusp of being an elite CB, I'll give you that. But your boys claiming to have the best CB tandem in the league need to stop sippin' the moonshine.

One of the best and perhaps the best.

Wilson scored 1 rushing and 1 passing TD against the Rams last season and threw 3 interceptions, 2 of them to CBs, if I remember correctly. Didn't Wilson tie Manning for TDs through the air or somethng? Not against the current Rams corners though. Pretty good corners. They helped create the opportunity for the 8 sacks too I'm sure. Yes?

Oh, the one TD was against Craig Dahl. He's a Niners now. You're welcome.

Here! Here! A voice of reason.

And don't forget added coverage skills from Ogletree, Hawks fans. Camp reports are giving him very high marks.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:39 pm
  • Boy stahp
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:44 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Boy stahp

You lost me....
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:01 pm
  • This is a joke. Your corners sucked last year, they benefited largely from the ridiculous defensive line you have. Here, let's compare their Pro Football Focus ratings against Seattle's for 2012, all CBs that played at least 25% of snaps:

Richard Sherman: +25.1, 2nd in the NFL only behind Antoine Winfield.
    Brandon Browner: +7.6, 22nd in the NFL.

Cortland Finnegan: -5.6, 86th in the NFL.
    Janoris Jenkins: -7.9, 101st in the NFL. (There are a total of 113 CBs on this list.)

YEAH, your corners are great; just like McDonald's cheeseburgers are a gourmet mouthgasm. Finnegan had +17.4 in 2011 with the Titans, though; so was he injured in 2012, or being used in a really bad way with the Rams, or what?

Here come the denials, calling of PFF idiots, etc. Quintin Mikell graded out at +15.3, though; 5th-best safety in the league. So, I guess the Rams fans will have to figure out how to call the PFF guys morons without nullifying the Mikell grade. :lol:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:14 pm
  • Oh jeez Rams fans trolling now to? Atleast the Niners posters have a good team and SOME legit arguments to there points. Next Cards fans will come tell us Carson Palmer is going to be the next Kurt Warner
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:49 pm
  • mr.stlouis wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:I just wanna say I feel SO WELCOMED by the fact my fellow football fans bumped this all the way back to the top and replied so many times. I feel the love, actions speak louder than words. Wanted to let this thread die out of respect, being I'm a fan of a rivalry team.

Thanks guys! Glad to be here among such passionate, and tolerant, fans. It's nice to be a part of. :D

are you only addressing Hawk fans? I have enjoyed your knowledge, but notice you ignore other Rams' fans.

Lol well if it appeared I "ignored them" then I certainly didn't intend to. I've been on the Ram boards for some time. I feel I have a good bead on their opinions. Getting in depth knowledge on Seahawk fans is what I'm after.

And yes I was referring to Seahawk fans because that is the majority of the posts.

"I ignored them"???? I was referring to me. Read my sig line.

But then, you are from St. Louis so I shouldn't expect too much.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:16 am
  • jhawk91 wrote:Oh jeez Rams fans trolling now to? Atleast the Niners posters have a good team and SOME legit arguments to there points. Next Cards fans will come tell us Carson Palmer is going to be the next Kurt Warner

The key question is which Kurt Warner? Carson Palmer like Sam Bradford are a far simpler puzzle to solve because....well they aren't good.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:19 am
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    jhawk91 wrote:Oh jeez Rams fans trolling now to? Atleast the Niners posters have a good team and SOME legit arguments to there points. Next Cards fans will come tell us Carson Palmer is going to be the next Kurt Warner

The key question is which Kurt Warner? Carson Palmer like Sam Bradford are a far simpler puzzle to solve because....well they aren't good.

Only good enough to beat the Hawks and then almost beat the Hawks in Seattle. With no offense or O line. This season is going to be a shocker for the Hawks when the Rams sweep them.

Wilson's good though. Very elusive. Rams could only sack him 8 times.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:51 am
  • RamzFanz, if you think the trick play that got you a win when we were in your house will work against us again, keep dreaming. We might go 1-1 with you again, but there is no way you're sweeping us.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:53 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:RamzFanz, if you think the trick play that got you a win when we were in your house will work against us again, keep dreaming. We might go 1-1 with you again, but there is no way you're sweeping us.

Dude, just let them talk. When you're a mediocre team, the only joy you have is at the beginning of the season when anything can happen. Best let them enjoy it now before they disappear when the losses start piling up, and they have to come to grips with Bradford's sheer averageness.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:14 am
  • The Rams and Seahawks split two, tough, hard fought games last year. I don't get why a bit of mutual respect is such a tough concept for some people.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:18 am
  • AvengerRam wrote:The Rams and Seahawks split two, tough, hard fought games last year. I don't get why a bit of mutual respect is such a tough concept for some people.

Your homeboy is the main reason. Bradford scares nobody. Unless your defense rises to 2000 Baltimore Ravens level to carry a mediocre QB to a Lombardi, nobody's going to be scared of the Rams. However, I thought that I personally did show respect when I said we very well might split the games. I mean, we were 11-5 last year with a tough schedule and a rookie QB on the rise, so I don't think anybody should take it personally when a team in that situation expects to win most of their games. *shrug*
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:24 am
  • Your view of Bradford is your security blanket.... perhaps because you don't want to think of what might happen if you're wrong.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:33 am
  • AvengerRam wrote:Your view of Bradford is your security blanket.... perhaps because you don't want to think of what might happen if you're wrong.

A lot of people are terrified of admitting they were wrong about something; but not me. If Bradford becomes good or elite this year, I'll eat crow. I think it's far more likely that you'll be the one that has to eat it, though.

*In the voice of Jigsaw from the film Saw* I'd like to play a game.

Want to make a bet on it? How about a signature bet; the loser has to put a line saying "I was wrong about Sam Bradford, he's a great QB.", or "I was wrong about Sam Bradford, his ceiling is mediocrity and I want him gone.", depending on who wins. If you're game, then we can discuss what season-average stats Bradford needs to get to win the bet.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 am
  • I'm game.

How about 90 passer rating?
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:40 am
  • 90's good, but I was thinking about minimums for several main/important stats. I'll even give you an edge in passer rating. Say, 85 passer rating, 2:1 TD-int ratio, a 7-yard pass average, and more than a 60% completion rating. (60.1% or higher, say.) Bradford has achieved none of those in any given season to date, but they are all stats any good QB gets pretty much every season.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:44 am
  • I like the passer rating becuse its a simple, one number, way of determining the bet.

So... 90 or better and you post the sig, 89.9 or lower and I do?
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:46 am
  • Eh, alright, I'll take that. However, if Bradford manages to somehow post 90+ but tank every other stat I mentioned, I will be bitter and heckle you about it and contest it, despite still wearing the sig. ;) (I never welsh on bets.)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 am
  • Nor do I.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:49 am
  • How long does the loser have to keep the sig? Through the draft, or until training camp, or what? (Also, I'm sure we agree that the sig must be in place before the playoffs start; so the week between weeks 17 and wild card weekend.)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:49 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Eh, alright, I'll take that. However, if Bradford manages to somehow post 90+ but tank every other stat I mentioned, I will be bitter and heckle you about it and contest it, despite still wearing the sig. ;) (I never welsh on bets.)

It's not possible for a QB to have a 90 plus passer rating if he tanks the rest of the stats you mentioned.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:51 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:It's not possible for a QB to have a 90 plus passer rating if he tanks the rest of the stats you mentioned.

Probably not, but I'm sure you can by tanking most of them but greatly excelling in one of them.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:How long does the loser have to keep the sig? Through the draft, or until training camp, or what? (Also, I'm sure we agree that the sig must be in place before the playoffs start; so the week between weeks 17 and wild card weekend.)

I'd say that the bet is decided at the end of the regular season, and the sig stays up until the draft.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:00 am
  • Done. May the resident Seahawks fan win! :devil:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:11 pm
  • What are all you Seahawk fans gonna say when Bradford proves you wrong? I hope you at least say you underestimated him.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:17 pm
  • mr.stlouis wrote:What are all you Seahawk fans gonna say when Bradford proves you wrong? I hope you at least say you underestimated him.

What are you gonna say when the Rams don't live up to your expectations? I'm guessing nothing. I'm guessing we won't see you here anymore, just like we havnt seen any Rams fans for the past 5 years.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:24 pm
  • At least these rams fans don't go on about their super bowl win and their 5 pre-super bowl titles like some other division rival fans that have super ugly uniforms with sparkly pants...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:26 pm
  • Dunce brings up an exceptionally valid point.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:38 pm
  • It was even much more recent and still they don't dwell on it...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:24 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:What are all you Seahawk fans gonna say when Bradford proves you wrong? I hope you at least say you underestimated him.

What are you gonna say when the Rams don't live up to your expectations? I'm guessing nothing. I'm guessing we won't see you here anymore, just like we havnt seen any Rams fans for the past 5 years.

Dude, I became a member of my first message board in 09, I was only 18. I didn't know enough fine details about foot to even consider joining a rivalry forum. That's the real reason you see me now.

Plus ESPN boards got shut down lol.

And what expectations is that? According to you and most here, they are expected to go .500.

My own personal expectation are above .500, but if they don't achieve at least 10 wins then I'm sure you will hear me express my dissappointment. I'm not going anywhere. You guys are entertaining.

On Bradford, I haven't really thought about it because I can't imagine him failing. He's proven himself to me, I blame his supporting cast in recent years. I don't blame them for everything, Bradford misses his reads at times. What QB doesnt?
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:56 pm
  • mr.stlouis wrote:What are all you Seahawk fans gonna say when Bradford proves you wrong? I hope you at least say you underestimated him.

I really can't take anything you say seriously after saying the Rams had the best set of corners in the NFL (no, Seattle does) and that the Rams have the most athletic TE in the NFL (no, that would be Vernon Davis, and he's a Niner).

Sam Bradford is Alex Smith 2.0. He can be a decent NFL QB but he is never going to be dynamic and he is never going to be among the leagues elite.

Moreover, the only 2 guys on your team that worried me (Amendola and Jackson) now play for different teams. Not worried about the Rams.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:58 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:What are all you Seahawk fans gonna say when Bradford proves you wrong? I hope you at least say you underestimated him.

I really can't take anything you say seriously after saying the Rams had the best set of corners in the NFL (no, Seattle does) and that the Rams have the most athletic TE in the NFL (no, that would be Vernon Davis, and he's a Niner).

Sam Bradford is Alex Smith 2.0. He can be a decent NFL QB but he is never going to be dynamic and he is never going to be among the leagues elite.

Yeah, whatever. You weren't saying that shit about Alex a year ago.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:01 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Yeah, whatever. You weren't saying that shit about Alex a year ago.

Actually, I have ALWAYS been saying that about Alex. I liked the guy, but I never had any delusions about what he was. He is a good NFL starter, but he was NEVER going to be among the leagues elite.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 am
  • dunceface wrote:It was even much more recent and still they don't dwell on it...

Hey... remember when the Rams beat the Seahawks and allowed -7 total offense...

Kidding! (Though I am old enough to remember)
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:57 am
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    dunceface wrote:It was even much more recent and still they don't dwell on it...

That game was brutal.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:18 am
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    dunceface wrote:It was even much more recent and still they don't dwell on it...

Hey, remember when our squad was so sucky we could only muster 9 wins in two years, and 4 of them were against the Rams?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:54 am
  • dunceface wrote:At least these rams fans don't go on about their super bowl win and their 5 pre-super bowl titles like some other division rival fans that have super ugly uniforms with sparkly pants...

We could always talk about our awesome regular season victories so it's more in line with the discussion you guys are used to :).
    Disp
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:46 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:Hello Seahawk fans!You guys look to have a high quality forum here. I expect a very competitive division race within the highly respected NFCW this year. I assure you I am no troll, but am very passionate of the Rams. I look forward to exchanging opinions of our two teams this year. It's gonna be a great year beingwe are fans of teams in the toughest division in football. It's amazing how much our teams have grown over the last 3 seasons.

Beat the Niners and we can forgive your condition.

:D
    KEWASTEES
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:39 pm
  • Disp wrote:
    dunceface wrote:At least these rams fans don't go on about their super bowl win and their 5 pre-super bowl titles like some other division rival fans that have super ugly uniforms with sparkly pants...

We could always talk about our awesome regular season victories so it's more in line with the discussion you guys are used to :).

Thanks glitter britches!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 pm
  • The SF fans seem a bit more easier to talk to then these Ram fans IMO, they gotta be on shrooms or Molly.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:48 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:The SF fans seem a bit more easier to talk to then these Ram fans IMO, they gotta be on shrooms or Molly.

Easier to talk to because you are in the same boat.

-both teams contenders last year
    -both have serous injury issues
    Both will take a step back this year
    Both are feeling sorry for themselves
    -Both are overrated
    -Neither is on the rise

And the Rams just don't have all that negativity going for them. It's hard to relate, really.

Here's to the under-the-radar Rams dethroning the media darlings this year... :229031_cheers:
    Last edited by mr.stlouis on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:52 pm
  • mr.stlouis wrote:popped a Molly I'm sweatin'...

WHOOOOOO!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:56 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:popped a Molly I'm sweatin'...

WHOOOOOO!

:lol: ... You better not even try! I'm too tired haha
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 pm
  • The way the two new Rams' fans are posting is exactly why the St. Louis board is unreadable. All we are missing is the delusional Bradford hater, and then they just argue amongst themselves saying the same things over and over.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 pm
  • And I don't know what a Molly is. I'm guessing some form of pill but I really don't care because it's all garbage.

Until tomorrow, then. Have a good night you crazy Hawk fans.

:lol:
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:05 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:The way the two new Rams' fans are posting is exactly why the St. Louis board is unreadable. All we are missing is the delusional Bradford hater, and then they just argue amongst themselves saying the same things over and over.

Yes. I'm a Bradford fan and I've been in many heated arguments with other Ram fans. But i hardly go to your main forum, by coincidence. It's so boring and depresing with Harvin out! This is where it's happening! We all know it. :D

The last time I brought up the Rams on the main forum I got a warning. How was I suppose to know that was too sensitive of a topic over there on my first day?! Ram forums won't pull that crap on you if u came over there.

Until tomorrow... again lol
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:12 pm
  • mr.stlouis wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:The way the two new Rams' fans are posting is exactly why the St. Louis board is unreadable. All we are missing is the delusional Bradford hater, and then they just argue amongst themselves saying the same things over and over.

Yes. I'm a Bradford fan and I've been in many heated arguments with other Ram fans. But i hardly go to your main forum, either. It's so boring and depresing with Harvin out! This is where it's happening! We all know it. :D

Until tomorrow... again lol

For the like the third time...I'm a Rams' fan. Are you not capable of reading?
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 pm
  • mr.stlouis wrote:Until tomorrow... again lol

Read RedAlice's sig, right under his posts. He's a Rams fan that lives in San Diego. He's an enemy to us just like you, lol.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:Until tomorrow... again lol

Read RedAlice's sig, right under his posts. He's a Rams fan that lives in San Diego. He's an enemy to us just like you, lol.

All correct, except I'm a girl. :)

And I don't see the point in simply posting here to incite arguments. I do like the banter. But, I think there is a certain amount of respectfulness required when you are posting on an opposing team's board.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:33 pm
  • My bad. In any case, get with the times, mr.stlouis! :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information