Aldon Smith thinks he can get 30 sacks in a season

heyu123

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":9py2chtf said:
I was referring to only this thread.

I suggest you read the OP. Then let me know if you still believe that.

Young2Rice

Reaction score
Giedi":3jc2vcuf said:
RolandDeschain":3jc2vcuf said:
With having to face Russell Wilson's scrambling ability twice per year, I'm not so sure about that. I'll be curious to see how he plays this season.
Wilson is a talent. A D LIne has to play solid throughout the line for them to have a chance to stop Wilson. It's critical for the DT to have push up the middle and for a DE to close off the escape routes. Still, Wilson can escape to the other side if the other half of the D Line lose contain. With another year in Pete's system, I think any defense that will want to put pressure on Wilson via Blitz is playing russian roulette, and he'll just hit the hot reciever time and time again. I think the only way to play Wilson is a basic 4 man rush, and contain him, and play good coverage on the backside. Even then, he'll still make plays though.

Trying to tackle Wilson is frustrating to watch.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can't help it. I have to troll the resident 49ers fans. Don't take it personally, guys. Wilson's ability to scramble around and just sidestep pursuers is ridiculous, haha.

[youtube]v4AyYF_7gHQ[/youtube]

Giedi

Reaction score
Young2Rice":2xuupfzx said:
Giedi":2xuupfzx said:
RolandDeschain":2xuupfzx said:
With having to face Russell Wilson's scrambling ability twice per year, I'm not so sure about that. I'll be curious to see how he plays this season.
Wilson is a talent. A D LIne has to play solid throughout the line for them to have a chance to stop Wilson. It's critical for the DT to have push up the middle and for a DE to close off the escape routes. Still, Wilson can escape to the other side if the other half of the D Line lose contain. With another year in Pete's system, I think any defense that will want to put pressure on Wilson via Blitz is playing russian roulette, and he'll just hit the hot reciever time and time again. I think the only way to play Wilson is a basic 4 man rush, and contain him, and play good coverage on the backside. Even then, he'll still make plays though.

Trying to tackle Wilson is frustrating to watch.
Wilson is one QB I don't think you try to completely stop. I think you contain and limit, but your own QB has to perform as good or better and outscore Wilson. In other words, he's going to win games by himself, unless he's faced with another QB just as good as he is. Great mobility, very good arm, and he has pass catchers that can catch. Like the Greatest Show on Turf offense, you don't completely stop those kinds of offenses, you have to outscore them.

Giedi

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1g8v8opt said:
I can't help it. I have to troll the resident 49ers fans. Don't take it personally, guys. Wilson's ability to scramble around and just sidestep pursuers is ridiculous, haha.

For any mobile QB, it's not the ones that he sees thats a danger to him, it's the ones that he doesn't see. Blindside hits have put a lot of QB's out of action for quite a while and that can happen to any QB scrambling around. Safer to get out of bounds and live another day. But yeah, the Wilsons, the Vicks, the Cunninghams - if you have the gift of scramble, you can turn a lot of broken plays into big yardage. The key to keeping a QB healthy (whether he can scramble or not) really is a good O Line and an all pro left tackle.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2fu37g1q said:

LOL.

No worries. That was why in a previous post I said that Aldon was getting pressure on Wilson that game...but Wilson did what Wilson does. :D

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Clearly, if Aldon didn't have that torn labrum he would have sacked Wilson on that play.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1gjm1szv said:
Clearly, if Aldon didn't have that torn labrum he would have sacked Wilson on that play.

....and clearly if Justin Smith had played that day Aldon would have gotten the sack.

We can both play that game. :D

Nah...Wilson is just slippery as a snake....tough to get a clean hit on the guy.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":3fhvw115 said:
Scottemojo":3fhvw115 said:

....and clearly if Justin Smith had played that day Aldon would have gotten the sack.
Both are true.
I have waited all off season for you to tell the truth. Finally.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":23yurudx said:
Both are true.
Like that black police lieutenant/captain/whatever in that campy-but-awesome Schwarzenegger flick Last Action Hero says, "Truth at last!" :lol:

SF49r

Reaction score
Marvin49":4lbkejns said:
Scottemojo":4lbkejns said:

We can both play that game. :D

Nah...Wilson is just slippery as a snake....tough to get a clean hit on the guy.

Although, Aldon did sack Wilson earlier in the season when they played in SF. Wasn't a big hit or anything but it was a pretty clean hit.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":27s8uzey said:
Marvin49":27s8uzey said:
Scottemojo":27s8uzey said:

Both are true.

LOL.

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2kuifold said:
lvnginhwktwn":2kuifold said:
So he has a goal, if he makes 30 great, if he only comes close that's great too. I would rather have a player with high expectations of himself and possibly a little over confident, than have one with a lack of confidence.
Just a tad overconfident you're maintaining? Yeah ok, a high goal is understandable this ridiculousness is just stupid, full stop, no pass go.

Agreed. Aldon is talented, but he's full of crap. This is something you don't say to the media. Niners will fall hard this year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1ccxhrcq said:
Aldon Smith might get 20 sacks in the GB opener alone. I can see him getting 10 the rest of the season.

I'll bet Aaron Rodgers's ego will make him throw the ball away more after his embarrassment at Seattle, even if his O-line is unimproved. No QB you call elite should ever take 8 sacks in one half no matter HOW bad your O-line is failing you. End of story. No excuses. You do what Brady and Peyton do, and throw the damned ball away if you are about to be sacked. Granted, they both have good O-lines and Rodgers doesn't, but Rodgers still took more sacks than Peyton and Brady COMBINED last year. For someone who does the "firing a pistol and blowing off the barrel" routine when he runs for like 7 yards, he should be ashamed at taking so many sacks.

hawksman53

Reaction score
Aldon Smith was dropped on his head somewhere along the line also.....

Giedi

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":mm7q8tap said:
KCHawkGirl":mm7q8tap said:
lvnginhwktwn":mm7q8tap said:
So he has a goal, if he makes 30 great, if he only comes close that's great too. I would rather have a player with high expectations of himself and possibly a little over confident, than have one with a lack of confidence.
Just a tad overconfident you're maintaining? Yeah ok, a high goal is understandable this ridiculousness is just stupid, full stop, no pass go.

Agreed. Aldon is talented, but he's full of crap. This is something you don't say to the media. Niners will fall hard this year.
When the 49ers sucked, I said the same thing about Lenard Little.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":bq2vopoa said:
Giedi":bq2vopoa said:

Big difference, though.

Aldon hasn't killed anybody yet.

This.

Worse...Little killed somebody when he was drunk driving....and then learned so much from that experience that he was caught AGAIN drunk driving. Scum of the earth.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":35d4ysgq said:
Giedi":35d4ysgq said:

Big difference, though.

Aldon hasn't killed anybody yet.

Maybe Aldon will go after the guy that stabbed him. There's still time.

Latest posts