Ryan Swope 40

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Ryan Swope 40
Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:41 am
  • Was officially a 4.37! Dang, he is slowly becoming the WR I would want if we don't get DeAndre Hopkins.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Re: Ryan Swope 40
Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 am
  • Yeah, he is opening some eyes.

I have really liked what Marquess Wilson has done today. He ran a 4.51 officially and looked like one of the more comfortable receivers in the gauntlet. Most of those guys let the ball come into their body or just looked akward catching the ball. Wilson actually looked comfortable catching the ball with his hands away from his body. Vernon from Duke looked the best catching the ball but he isn't really big or fast at all. I think Woods looks really good as well.
    polarbill1999
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 am
  • Least likely looking player ever to run under 4.4?

He reminds me a lot of Steve Largent. :)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:49 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Least likely looking player ever to run under 4.4?

He reminds me a lot of Steve Largent. :)

Having another Steve Largent would suck.
    polarbill1999
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:27 am
  • Keep that dude away from the Pats. He reminded me of a faster Wes Welker everytime I watched A&M this year.
    I would rather have an army of Dogs led by a Pug than an army of Pugs led by a Dog. ~Napoleon
    pugs1
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:30 pm
  • Damn 4.34 official. Same as Tavon Austin. Marquise Goodwin had the highest with 4.27 fast. WOW
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:36 pm
  • Wonder if he even makes out out of the 2nd now? Kearly was really high on him before, I wonder how much his time bumps him compared to some of the other prospects.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 pm
  • A bigger Steve Largent is a good comparison for Swope. Both are fast, savvy, creative, tough, and highly competitive. Largent was pretty underrated when he came out as well, although I'm not sure if Swope can stay under the radar any longer after doing this.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:07 pm
  • While watching the Combine this morning, what really stood out to me about Swope, other than his 40, was how sharp his cut was on one route where the WRs were instructed to run to the cone and then cut 90 degrees outside.

There was no other WR that made the cut anywhere near as sharp as Swope. He's got great hips and flexibility. The kid's a keeper imo.

He'd be a significant upgrade over Baldwin in the slot.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:21 pm
  • I only have the info from NFL.com to go by from the combine, but it's crazy how there are like 4-5 stories on the front page with titles like 'Blazing a Trail', 'A day at the Races', 'Track Speed' & none of them involve this guy? Is it cause he's white or is that a tad harsh I just don't get it, dude beat Austin in most of the drills but does not get a mention about a 'Top Combine Performer'
    EmbattleTheeHawks
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:29 pm
  • Terrific receiver.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:22 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:While watching the Combine this morning, what really stood out to me about Swope, other than his 40, was how sharp his cut was on one route where the WRs were instructed to run to the cone and then cut 90 degrees outside.

There was no other WR that made the cut anywhere near as sharp as Swope. He's got great hips and flexibility. The kid's a keeper imo.

He'd be a significant upgrade over Baldwin in the slot.

Yeah, I'm not exactly expecting Swope to be on John Schneider's interview list at the combine, if you catch my drift.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:27 pm
  • With that speed why would you put him in the slot anyway? As far as upgrade over Baldwin, I would have to wait and see, after all Baldwin had his teeth knocked out and came back and played, had what looked like a broken Clavical or dislocated, whatever it was ugly and missed one game and came back and played. Not up to his first year, but then again he wasn't asked to be the only receiver that could catch a ball last year either.

Healthy I hope we see the complete Baldwin again coming this season and that he can limit the severe injuries.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:40 pm
  • Larry Bird!
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 pm
  • Swope is a very complete WR and can play anywhere. Doesn't have to be slot, but I think he'd be really, really good there.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 am
  • It seems to me that more and more, WRs are not being locked into pigeonholes as "1", "2", or "slot" receivers. They all move around, most go in motion from time to time. But slot is where one might expect a new guy to start out while he learns the totality of the playbook, especially on a team like ours, where the WR corps is not that weak. Sure, we could use some help, but it's not like our WRs are tottering on the edge of disaster.

If Swope were the guy, and he sounds like he'd fit nicely, we would still expect (or at least I would) a bit of a learning curve ala what Tate went through. Perhaps not as long, but he'll probably still take a season or two to really "get" it.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 am
  • sutz wrote:If Swope were the guy, and he sounds like he'd fit nicely, we would still expect (or at least I would) a bit of a learning curve ala what Tate went through. Perhaps not as long, but he'll probably still take a season or two to really "get" it.

The impression I have is Swope is already a couple of years ahead of Tate in route-running simply because of his god-given talents in his lower body.

Watch the position drills from yesterday and watch the crispness of his cuts and his acceleration coming out of those cuts.

Tate will never achieve what Swope is already capable of in that regard.

And besides having blazing (4.34) straight-line speed, Swope appears to have fast-twitch quickness as well.

Used properly, he's a faster, bigger version of Wes Welker.

If the Hawks or the Packers don't grab him, the Patriots will.
    Last edited by onanygivensunday on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 am
  • Just watched some of his tape, and I love how competitive and fiery he is! Intangibles are a huge thing for me, and it looks like he's definitely got them!
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 am
  • Saw that this morning, and my first thought was: Damn, kearly's got a good eye. My second thought was then, Damn, there's just about no way we steal him in the 4th anymore.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:44 am
  • Im not really that impressed with him. If we could take him in the 4th, then ya....I'd be ok with it. I just don't see room to grow.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:49 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    sutz wrote:If Swope were the guy, and he sounds like he'd fit nicely, we would still expect (or at least I would) a bit of a learning curve ala what Tate went through. Perhaps not as long, but he'll probably still take a season or two to really "get" it.

The impression I have is Swope is already a couple of years ahead of Tate in route-running simply because of his god-given talents in his lower body.

Watch the position drills from yesterday and watch the crispness of his cuts and his acceleration coming out of those cuts.

Tate will never achieve what Swope is already capable of in that regard.

And besides having blazing (4.34) straight-line speed, Swope appears to have fast-twitch quickness as well.

Used properly, he's a faster, bigger version of Russ Welker.

If the Hawks or the Packers don't grab him, the Patriots will.

im assuming u mean wes welker?!? never heard of russ welker lol
    but def see where u are coming from! i can see patriots picking him up jus for that reason alone! be interesting to see where he goes in the coming months
    kendog2639
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:59 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Terrific receiver.

Alright.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:22 pm
  • He also had a 37" vert so he can go up and get it too
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:44 am
  • He should go the route of his QB and trademark the name "Opie Football" as that would be a geat nickname for him.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 pm
  • pugs1 wrote:Keep that dude away from the Pats. He reminded me of a faster Wes Welker everytime I watched A&M this year.

The Pats hell, just keep him away from the 49rs.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:46 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    pugs1 wrote:Keep that dude away from the Pats. He reminded me of a faster Wes Welker everytime I watched A&M this year.

The Pats hell, just keep him away from the 49rs.

Which means the Hawks gotta draft him before the Whiners do.

onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:28 am
  • People are projecting us to pick Swope in the third just like they pegged us to pick Irwin last year in the third. Last year I kept thinking, if Irwin is such a stud, why will he last until the third? This year I'm asking, how can Swope make it past the second round? I'd love to see us get Swope, and I'll be amazed if it's in the third round.
    godawg
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:17 am

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:57 am
  • Pretty sure the Patriots are going to draft him in the 2nd round. They have zero receivers, and the dude's white. He's perfect for Boston.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:47 pm
  • thank God for a deep wr draft, otherwise i would be worried about geting a 'durham' in the draft.
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:33 am
  • Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:27 am
  • drrew wrote:And Swope's career is essentially over.....just placed on the reserve/retired list by the Cardinals.

I know Kearly and others were all HUGE draft Swope guys.....

Glad we didn't draft him. Sorry to hear he is done.....and clearly he should not have even be drafted.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:01 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    drrew wrote:And Swope's career is essentially over.....just placed on the reserve/retired list by the Cardinals.

Glad we didn't draft him. Sorry to hear he is done.....and clearly he should not have even be drafted.

Seriously, man, what is your beef with Kearly? Are you upset that he can manage an original thought or something? Its like you look for opportunities to make stupid comments needling him.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:28 pm
  • Snohomie wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:
    drrew wrote:And Swope's career is essentially over.....just placed on the reserve/retired list by the Cardinals.

Seriously, man, what is your beef with Kearly? Are you upset that he can manage an original thought or something? Its like you look for opportunities to make stupid comments needling him.

Im not sure what you are talking about. I apologize if you feel I have beef with another poster. Just posting what I remember.....others liked Swope a ton as well.....that was just the first name that came to mind. Guess I could have just said "Guys" :34853_doh:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:49 pm
  • Snohomie wrote:Seriously, man, what is your beef with Kearly? Are you upset that he can manage an original thought or something? Its like you look for opportunities to make stupid comments needling him.

Appreciate the sentiment.

Sizzle just loves being a hater and a bubble popper; I'm sure it's nothing personal with me. That said, hating is like painting: proceed without thought or caution and you will stain your clothes. Not all of us can be the velvet hammer that Scottemojo is. (FWIW, I enjoy Sizzle's posts, and his ribbing bothers me a lot less than you might think. I think his courage to speak his mind can be a good thing more often that not. Also, he's gone against the grain to agree with me in the past. Maybe I am being too nice, but to me I sense a difference between Sizzle and Hazbro from FGs. I'm starting to respect Hazbro bit by bit, but he is a prick, no doubt about it. I don't get that sense at all from Sizzle. He seems like a decent guy, he just can't defy his hater nature :) ).
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:22 am
  • kearly wrote:
    Snohomie wrote:Seriously, man, what is your beef with Kearly? Are you upset that he can manage an original thought or something? Its like you look for opportunities to make stupid comments needling him.

Sizzle just loves being a hater and a bubble popper; I'm sure it's nothing personal with me. That said, hating is like painting: proceed without thought or caution and you will stain your clothes. Not all of us can be the velvet hammer that Scottemojo is. (FWIW, I enjoy Sizzle's posts, and his ribbing bothers me a lot less than you might think. I think his courage to speak his mind can be a good thing more often that not. Also, he's gone against the grain to agree with me in the past. Maybe I am being too nice, but to me I sense a difference between Sizzle and Hazbro from FGs. I'm starting to respect Hazbro bit by bit, but he is a prick, no doubt about it. I don't get that sense at all from Sizzle. He seems like a decent guy, he just can't defy his hater nature :) ).

:th2thumbs: :2:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 pm
  • kearly wrote:
    Snohomie wrote:Seriously, man, what is your beef with Kearly? Are you upset that he can manage an original thought or something? Its like you look for opportunities to make stupid comments needling him.

Fighting hate with love. Ghandi would be proud! :179417:
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:08 pm
  • I don't blame Ryan Swope for retiring....I wouldn't want to play for the Cards either. It's where WRs not named Larry Fitzgerald go to obscurity. Just ask Early Doucet.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information